Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84

Thread: Ps4 vs Xbox one

  1. -51
    trojanma's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,621
    vCash:
    3898
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    I think people need to scale down the drama a bit.
    I welcome that the two consoles are trying to separate themselves a little so that folks can actually have a real choice not some virtual one. Such as folks dissecting the minutial differences in the hardware.

    R & R
    I sympathize with the plight of the deployed serviceman and how XB1 is essentially a nonstarter for all people in your situation. Clearly microsoft has ceded that part of the gaming population to Sony.

    The way I see it is the two consoles decided to go in different directions and in the end, which again I believe is a good thing.

    Sony- Opted to maximize the current paradigm(i.e. the best hardware) and the mobile gaming aspect which is a huge advantage over Xbox since that doesnt exist.

    Microsoft- I believe they are banking on the one serious advantage that they have over Sony which is their software/PC/Cloud ecosystem. Also I think Microsoft is trying to change the paradigm of how video games are played.

    -Kinect and Dedicated Internet Connection
    Though these seem like two different issues they are actually part of the same thing. These things being built in was a signal to game developers to be unrestricted in making games for xbox.

    Kinect
    Do you guys actually believe that mashing your thumbs against small rectangle will always be the interface which you interact with a video game system?
    By marrying the XB1 to the newer more powerful kinect it opens a world of opportunities. It will allow devs to integrate its use in ways we can't imagine right now. The limitations of the current alpha Kinect were directly tied to the fact that it was optional(i.e. the game had to stand alone without it). Thus it was left as little extras such as calling audibles in madden. The other games that were more integrated with kinect were of the simplistic nature clearly trying to steal the Wii's thunder. This may have turned off some hard core gamers but it shouldn't.

    Dedicated Internet Connection
    Lets face it the internet is becoming a ubiquitous household entertainment appliance. These things start as luxuries and ultimately become available to everyone like the Radio or TV before it.

    This was going to be the quantum leap IMO, but it got so much bad press it forced Microsoft to scale back a bit.
    With the optical disk you are always limited to the read speeds and data that is held through that interface. This is why Xbox 360 allowed you to copy a game to the HD to improve performance. With data stored on the cloud their are no limitations on size and as networks get faster speed will improve too.
    While Microsoft was trying to tout the enormous advantages of this set up the press interpreted it differently.

    Used Games.
    The whole bruhaha over this is stupid.
    Valve's Steam showed us how this whole model is antiquated. IT is also why they are developing their own "console"
    Steam has free weekends, sales, indie developers.
    For example. I bought "Alan Wake" a couple weekends ago because it intruiged. I paid 4 bucks on steam. The game sucked and I deleted it. Never looked back. It was only 4 bucks.

    The Console thing is a dying breed anyway. I tend to agree with those that this may be the last console we see as things get more integrated. I think Microsoft sees that and it is why it is trying to expand the value to a person. I welcome the possibility of watching TV through my XB1 over that antiquated interface offered by my cable company that is run through components that are a decade old.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    trojanma's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,621
    vCash:
    3898
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    For those of you fearing Sony and DRM I'm just going to state simple facts real quick. First of all DRM revolves around online. With Xbox One you need to be online to install a game. DRM right there. The every 24 hours connection is for their hardware's sake. They're doing dashboard checks (I know quite a bit about the 360 hack scene). Sony is just leaving the door open to developers via words only. The door is almost closed, the only way is if a game either says well the console must be connected to play this game. That's a stretch but slightly possible think about it not even evil Diablo 3 and it's always on DRM will require that since it will have offline play. Or online passes which EA claims they won't do anymore and besides them only THQ (bankrupt) and WB have used them as far as I'm aware if anyone knows any more please throw them out there.

    Another note: I was pissed about the Xbox One thing too and the always online yadda yadda. Then I looked at my Steam account and saw all those games with the Steam DRM and said I've already participated and can't be a hippocrite. Most people I know own a PC and have Steam games so those of us who do really shouldn't complain.

    I bought my consoles last night on Bestbuy.com and they made me pay up front which I'm ok with because now I've paid if I don't get my PS4 and Xbox One someone is getting the old school Sub Zero fatility done to them.

    I hope my long winded post helps some people with this DRM deal, I have Diablo 3 and Sim City and like toying with console exploits so I know a lot of the rhyme and reason MS is doing this stuff. I honestly don't blame them either they got whooped by console hacks. People thought PC game piracy is bad yea right they just had a blind eye to the console side. That's why Xbox One needs to be online every 24 hours so it knows it hasnt been hacked. The used game fee is what it is... a money grab.
    Totally agree. Didn't even get into this aspect of things.

    It all loops back to the same place.
    Sony is cozying up to the consumer
    Microsoft is cozying up to game developers.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,008
    vCash:
    2651
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    In the end, I'm not really expecting much difference. I give it no later than 2 months before Microsoft releases a patch removing DRM after watching Sony obliterate them in sales. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this DRM never happens to begin with. Surely Microsoft isn't this stupid.

    Microsoft can try to make the Xbox One more than a game console all it wants but in the end, it's still a game console. And Microsoft is failing in that aspect.



    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea I cant really understand why Mircosoft would do this DRM thing..who does it benefit besides them and their devlopers? Why do I wanna see them get richer? It makes no sense especially if I am shelling out 500 dollars for somethign that has less power than the competion ..regardless if they use that power or not..Why would I buy it? I would rather have in case I needed rather than vice versa..Then only thing I liked about xbox was the entertainment value and the fact it would reduce glutter and wires around my TV but the DRM thing really turned me off and I have never bought a used game..I have never sold a game..but it just makes me mad that they would wanna do that..

    You know what will be next is that you cant let someone borrow a blu ray...so for me Xbox has lost in a big way..
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,340
    vCash:
    2305
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Console piracy/hacking isn't in the same Galaxy as PC piracy/hacking. There's no rhyme or reason whatsoever to DRM which requires a connection. Just like on PC, hackers WILL find a way to bypass DRM causing the intrusive DRM to be nothing more than a hindrance to legit users only instead of the people in which the DRM is supposed to effect. Legit users getting ****ed without lube. That's gaming today.


    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    In what ways are they not the same? Actually they're not console piracy is worse here's why: There were definitely releases for games on the internet a full week or 2 before the real release and a pirated console game retains all functionality. A DRM bypass on PC means you have no online thus loss of functionality. you can't just blow over my post like I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying I like DRM I'm saying I have an understanding there's a difference.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,340
    vCash:
    2305
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    I think people need to scale down the drama a bit.
    I welcome that the two consoles are trying to separate themselves a little so that folks can actually have a real choice not some virtual one. Such as folks dissecting the minutial differences in the hardware.

    R & R
    I sympathize with the plight of the deployed serviceman and how XB1 is essentially a nonstarter for all people in your situation. Clearly microsoft has ceded that part of the gaming population to Sony.

    The way I see it is the two consoles decided to go in different directions and in the end, which again I believe is a good thing.

    Sony- Opted to maximize the current paradigm(i.e. the best hardware) and the mobile gaming aspect which is a huge advantage over Xbox since that doesnt exist.

    Microsoft- I believe they are banking on the one serious advantage that they have over Sony which is their software/PC/Cloud ecosystem. Also I think Microsoft is trying to change the paradigm of how video games are played.

    -Kinect and Dedicated Internet Connection
    Though these seem like two different issues they are actually part of the same thing. These things being built in was a signal to game developers to be unrestricted in making games for xbox.

    Kinect
    Do you guys actually believe that mashing your thumbs against small rectangle will always be the interface which you interact with a video game system?
    By marrying the XB1 to the newer more powerful kinect it opens a world of opportunities. It will allow devs to integrate its use in ways we can't imagine right now. The limitations of the current alpha Kinect were directly tied to the fact that it was optional(i.e. the game had to stand alone without it). Thus it was left as little extras such as calling audibles in madden. The other games that were more integrated with kinect were of the simplistic nature clearly trying to steal the Wii's thunder. This may have turned off some hard core gamers but it shouldn't.

    Dedicated Internet Connection
    Lets face it the internet is becoming a ubiquitous household entertainment appliance. These things start as luxuries and ultimately become available to everyone like the Radio or TV before it.

    This was going to be the quantum leap IMO, but it got so much bad press it forced Microsoft to scale back a bit.
    With the optical disk you are always limited to the read speeds and data that is held through that interface. This is why Xbox 360 allowed you to copy a game to the HD to improve performance. With data stored on the cloud their are no limitations on size and as networks get faster speed will improve too.
    While Microsoft was trying to tout the enormous advantages of this set up the press interpreted it differently.

    Used Games.
    The whole bruhaha over this is stupid.
    Valve's Steam showed us how this whole model is antiquated. IT is also why they are developing their own "console"
    Steam has free weekends, sales, indie developers.
    For example. I bought "Alan Wake" a couple weekends ago because it intruiged. I paid 4 bucks on steam. The game sucked and I deleted it. Never looked back. It was only 4 bucks.

    The Console thing is a dying breed anyway. I tend to agree with those that this may be the last console we see as things get more integrated. I think Microsoft sees that and it is why it is trying to expand the value to a person. I welcome the possibility of watching TV through my XB1 over that antiquated interface offered by my cable company that is run through components that are a decade old.
    I agree with everything you've said especially comparing internet to TV and radio of the past. Excellent points that cannot be disputed.

    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    In the end, I'm not really expecting much difference. I give it no later than 2 months before Microsoft releases a patch removing DRM after watching Sony obliterate them in sales. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this DRM never happens to begin with. Surely Microsoft isn't this stupid.

    Microsoft can try to make the Xbox One more than a game console all it wants but in the end, it's still a game console. And Microsoft is failing in that aspect.



    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    I can see MS back peddling I have been telling people this for a while. Console gamers still think differently than PC gamers so what is OK on one medium (PC) isn't OK on the other (consoles). I honestly think Sony wins this but as a tech enthusiast I like Kinect and the fact it is more advanced but will turn mine off when not in use. Just like I do my current Kinect it's been unplugged for months.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    I agree with everything you've said especially comparing internet to TV and radio of the past. Excellent points that cannot be disputed.



    I can see MS back peddling I have been telling people this for a while. Console gamers still think differently than PC gamers so what is OK on one medium (PC) isn't OK on the other (consoles). I honestly think Sony wins this but as a tech enthusiast I like Kinect and the fact it is more advanced but will turn mine off when not in use. Just like I do my current Kinect it's been unplugged for months.

    From what I have read the kinnect has to stay on..I was wondernig if you could just cover the eye so ur not going to be recorded but from what I have read the kinnect is built in and has to be on.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    AquaInferno's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    2,340
    vCash:
    2305
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    From what I have read the kinnect has to stay on..I was wondernig if you could just cover the eye so ur not going to be recorded but from what I have read the kinnect is built in and has to be on.
    I've heard that you can disable it from the Xbox but yes if I can't I will get my privacy via more primitive methods. Cotton balls in it's ears and a towel over it's eyes.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,008
    vCash:
    2651
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    In what ways are they not the same? Actually they're not console piracy is worse here's why: There were definitely releases for games on the internet a full week or 2 before the real release and a pirated console game retains all functionality. A DRM bypass on PC means you have no online thus loss of functionality. you can't just blow over my post like I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying I like DRM I'm saying I have an understanding there's a difference.
    They're not different. But pirating happens on a much, much larger scale on PC. Pirating is much simpler on PC as well. As for online functionality, good luck playing pirated games online on the 360. At least there are popular private servers out there for the more popular games that do allow you to play pirated games online on PC.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,008
    vCash:
    2651
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Ps4 vs Xbox one

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    I agree with everything you've said especially comparing internet to TV and radio of the past. Excellent points that cannot be disputed.



    I can see MS back peddling I have been telling people this for a while. Console gamers still think differently than PC gamers so what is OK on one medium (PC) isn't OK on the other (consoles). I honestly think Sony wins this but as a tech enthusiast I like Kinect and the fact it is more advanced but will turn mine off when not in use. Just like I do my current Kinect it's been unplugged for months.
    I don't really see the difference in tech between the Kinect and Sony's combination of the Move and the Eye which looks like it do some great things on the PS4. Granted none of that really interests me though.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
  2. Xbox 360 - Gaming Lagoon - Free Xbox stuff...
    By QuenteK25 in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
  3. will the xbox 360 be able to play xbox games?
    By Doktor Ivel in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 03:11 PM
  4. xbox
    By nick1 in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 09:20 PM
  5. Any Xbox'ers in here??
    By Wakey in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •