Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ESPN Mark Schlereth: Precits Phins make playoffs

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i wouldnt count the ravens out in the afc.

yes they did lose lots of talent, but lets not forget, a guy like lewis was more effective from a motivational standpoint lastyear than actually on the field. ed reed has had a hall of fame career, but his body has been falling apart and he may not even be ready for opening day with the texans, and i have heard talk how they may give him some games off throughout they year.

krueger and boldin were pretty tough loses, as was ellerby, but they did sign dumervill who is really good when healthy, they also signed chris canty who while not a all pro by any means is still very solid and can be effective for that ravens line, and they still do have ray rice, joe flacco, and torri smith, pita and dickson.

im sure someone will come in and fill boldins shoes. we see it all the time in the nfl.

i deff agree with us making the playoffs, because if not now, then when? however, i do feel people are taking baltimore lightly this season due to all the losses in offseason. they still got a top 5 qb in joe flacco imo.

ravens will win there division
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I agree with his thought of the Broncos, Texans, Patriots and the Bengals winning their respective divisions. I also agree with him about Baltimore falling out of the playoff picture, though I am 50/50 on his Colts prediction. I do think the Colts over achieved last year but I still think they have to be one of the favorites for a wildcard spot. I think he is over hyping the Steelers a bit and he is right that Miami will be in the thick of the wildcard race.

Swap out the Steelers for the Colts, and I think he is spot on.
    Couldnt agree more!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Although not an elite quarterback, Any Dalton is no slouch my friend. Cincy may make a little noise.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    "Surprise team" will be KC, not Buffalo.

The Bills, are you kidding me? That team is a trainwreck.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SD
    Thanks / No Thanks

ESPN Mark Schlereth: Precits Phins make playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    "Surprise team" will be KC, not Buffalo.

The Bills, are you kidding me? That team is a trainwreck.
    My thought exactly. Buff has waay too many problems to be considered a playoff team. My guess would be Mia/KC would be taking the wildcard spot. Btw Indi was def a fraud team last yr, too soft a sched/chuckstrong= 11-5 rec
    The superior man blames himself. The inferior man blames others.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
    Vince Lombardi

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He called that one right...
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Phins have quite a bit of young, albeit, unproven talent. This season will reveal much about Philbin's future as a HC in the NFL.
    With a coach like Shula this team wins the division. I actually like our roster better than the Pats, Tom Brady not withstanding.
    Assuming Philbin is as promising a HC as some of us believe, and Tannehill develops into a good QB, there is no reason to believe they can't challenge for the division. RT doesn't have to be as good as Brady, he just simply has to be good.
    There has been a lot of activity in the offseason, so the Phins are one of the most difficult teams to handicap. However, if a team like the Bills has a better season, then they should just blow this all up and start over.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dont think the steelers will be that good next year but I could be wrong
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    really hope he's right. Its been too long.
    Quote Quote