Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill eventually 'take over' as best AFC East QB?

1. -1
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin

Will Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill eventually 'take over' as best AFC East QB?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...brady/2415211/

He spent five days working with former NFL quarterback and IMG Academy mentor Chris Weinke in February.
    "He's that franchise type quarterback you build your team around who is going to continue to climb," Weinke said. "I just truly believe he's going to do great things down there in Miami."

Recently retired Garrard spent time with Tannehill last month at the charity golf tournament hosted by ex-Dolphin and current Kansas City Chiefs tight end Anthony Fasano in New Jersey. Garrard views Tannehill as a talented, hard-working leader who is the primary reason why the Dolphins believe they have a playoff chance.

According to Garrard, Tannehill has nearly everything Tom Brady has — including a model wife and a strong, accurate arm. But Tannehill is obviously lacking in two major categories: experience and those three Super Bowl rings.

"Tom Brady is getting up there in years," Garrard says of the soon-to-be 36-year-old New England Patriots quarterback. "I would say Ryan is the next guy to take over that position in the AFC East. ... Ryan is going to be great. He definitely has a chance to be a fabulous quarterback in this league.
    "He has a great arm and has great command of that offense. He came across as a 10-year veteran last year when he took command in an offensive meeting, and (then) he started barking out things to veterans and coaches. ... I'm really looking forward to watching his career unfold."

So is Wallace, who says Tannehill has what it takes to become a championship-caliber quarterback in the mold of his former Pittsburgh Steelers teammate, Ben Roethlisberger. Wallace was impressed with how Tannehill called his receivers, tight ends and running backs together for two weeks of impromptu throwing sessions before Miami's organized team activities in May.

"We're still getting a feel for each other," Wallace said. "Sometimes I underestimate his arm. He can throw as good a deep ball as anybody in the league. As long as he keeps working, he'll take us where we hope.

"He's a real cool guy, real laid back, and he's working hard to get better. I really like that about Ryan."

As Tannehill acknowledged after an erratic practice when Sherman's intent was to increase the offensive pace and tempo, this new era in Miami is still a work in progress. But there are plenty of reasons to believe, beginning with a more confident, decisive Tannehill.

Could his touchdown pass total jump from 12 to 24?

"Adding the speed we added to vertically stretch the field, I'd like to see our numbers dramatically increase," Tannehill said. "I'm not going to throw out numbers. But it will definitely be higher."

Those numbers need to increase significantly for the Dolphins to push the Patriots fulfill their splashy offseason expectations.
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 06-13-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Tannehill is obviously lagging in two major categories: experience and those three Super Bowl rings."

nitpicking, but the proper term to use there is 'lacking'.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope so, likely possible by 2015. Brady can't play forever and eventually someone will have to take over as the best qb in the division. I like Tannehill's chances to do that.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Take away Brady and Tannehill has the most potential of all the AFC East quarterbacks.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 72champagne View Post
    "Tannehill is obviously lagging in two major categories: experience and those three Super Bowl rings."

It passes "Spellcheck". The days of editors that actually READ stuff is over.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No NO NO NO NO NO....The next great thing is still in N.E. Tim Tebow under the master coaching of Bill Belicheck, will continue N.E. dominance for the next 20 YRS.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by 72champagne View Post

Disagree. The term lagging is correct refering to the two areas mentioned and their connection to Brady
    Lagging as is behind Tom in those areas. Experience and having won 3 rings.

plus not important to the article what so ever but thanks for the input
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, he will. Once Brady is gone, absolutely.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    A very famous spit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's going to take Tannehill a few seasons to really flourish, but I have no doubt that he will. Whether us fans and the Dolphins are patient enough to go through his growing pains will determine if those elite seasons will be with us or with some other team (i.e. see Rich Gannon).
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    Disagree. The term lagging is correct refering to the two areas mentioned and their connection to Brady
    Lagging as is behind Tom in those areas. Experience and having won 3 rings.

plus not important to the article what so ever but thanks for the input
    Merriam-Webster: lagging = moving or proceeding at less than the normal, desirable, or required speed.

tannehill got near maximum experience as he possibly could last year. brady played one game his rookie year. tannehill is not lagging, he LACKS the amount of experience Brady has. pretty sure Brady didn't win a super bowl his rookie year either so again, tannehill is not lagging, he is LACKING the # of super bowls.
    when i led with 'nitpicking' that was your mega big hint i understood my correction wasn't important to the article.
    your post is not important to reality and being snide while incorrect makes you a chump but thanks for the input.
    Quote Quote