Hayden did a good job in another thread so here's Andy Cohens take on the off season and how we are looking heading into camp.
I see so much to feel good about. Here’s five positives to ponder:
• As I have previously written, Ryan Tannehill appears primed to make the leap many predict from a second-year quarterback. It is hard to be specific, other than it seems as if a light has gone on and Tannehill suddenly gets so many things he might have been unsure of a season ago.
• Mike Wallace is going to be a lot of fun. I’m not sure I’ve seen him go all out just yet, but what I’ve seen is impressive enough to know that he’s going to make a difference in so many ways. This is the fastest player the Dolphins have fielded since Mark Duper. Defenses will have to be aware of his every move. How much do you think Hartline likes having Wallace on the other side?
• The tight end position has a chance to be a strength. Dustin Keller is a top-tier receiving tight end and I really like what I’ve seen so far of rookie Dion Sims. That’s not even considering improvement from some of the returning players.
• There will be a huge upgrade at cornerback. Brent Grimes, even coming off an Achilles injury, was as impressive as any corner I saw in the offseason workouts. He is a playmaker. Enough said. And the pair of rookies, Jamar Taylor and Will Davis, could both play significant roles this season. The talent level is up at one of the most important positions on the field.
• The Philbin Phactor: We talk so much about Tannehill’s anticipated improvement, don’t forget that Joe Philbin is entering his second season as well. Philbin has told me on several occasions he expects to be a better coach this year in many ways. I look at Philbin and I see confidence, I see organization, I see an extremely bright man and I see someone who tries to be prepared for every situation. Don’t discount The Philbin Phactor.
My major concerns at this exact juncture: Figuring out a hierarchy at running back, getting No. 1 pickDion Jordan acclimated quickly enough to be an early September factor and finding a comfort zone on the offensive line. The fact that I can limit my concerns to three tells you how far this team has progressed in one season.
I know it means little at this time of year but I'm feeling pretty good about where our team is headed