Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp Strategy

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Training Camp Strategy

Just wondering if it is to the Dolphin's advantage to conduct training camp in the hot humid Florida summer as usual. Bet Philbin finds a way to increase time in Satan's bubbledome so our players undergo less of the effects of the hot Florida sunshine. The days of Shula's legendary 3 a day practices are long gone.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is an interesting balancing act. Do we get our players better prepared to the heat so we keep our early season advantage, vs exposing our players less to the heat so they will be better later in the season. IMO since the league doesn't allow any more early season 1:00 games in Miami, we might be better off letting them practice more in the bubble during TC. Especially with the up paced speed of TC it might be a good idea to have as many of the practices inside as possible.

This year our season will be 22 weeks long, plus the playoffs, with only one week off. I think there is more chance of over working the players, than there is having them not ready. Of course you have to have SOME of the practices outside, but I would have at least half of them inside. Once every one starts to get their timing down you can have more outside to get them ready for the start of the season, but early on I would have more inside. But that is just me. The league has decided to take away our home field advantage, early in the year, so there is really no need in killing our players just to prove they can handle something they will never get to prove.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Dont mess with Clint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks

Training Camp Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by steviey013 View Post
    Just wondering if it is to the Dolphin's advantage to conduct training camp in the hot humid Florida summer as usual. Bet Philbin finds a way to increase time in Satan's bubbledome so our players undergo less of the effects of the hot Florida sunshine. The days of Shula's legendary 3 a day practices are long gone.
    they are also not allowed anymore since the new CBA

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a great year to change it up a little.We have 2 back to back 1:00 games at home Ravens Bills with a bye between them, both in Oct,the next 1:00 home game is Nov 17th,use the bubble as much as possible,but start adding a few more practices in mid Sept to get ready for the Ravens Bills,then pull back a little.Our hot home games are pretty much non-existent this year.

Weird (4) 1:00 home games in a 3 month period.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It takes about 10 days to acclimate to an environment.

As a guy from Beaver, Alaska that was in my basic training company at
    FT Knox, KY in the winter said when we asked him how come he was
    shivering in the KY winter weather..........."In Alaska, we go INSIDE!"

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Work out in the heat, the bubble makes you weak.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Mine as well use the bubble. Half of teams in the NFL already play in a dome.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    Work out in the heat, the bubble makes you weak.
    In the Army we used to call that philosiphy "Practicing being miserable". It rarely had any tangible benefit.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    since the league doesn't allow any more early season 1:00 games in Miami,
    you know, there are MANY things about todays "nfl" that make me sick but this is one of the worst.

who came up with this? who all signed off and WHY? i have not seen ONE player on the finz or the visiting teams who suffered ANY loss of life or lasting injury due to the early day heat in miami.

where is the NO MORE DECEMBER GAMEs SIN FOXBORO OR BUFFALO being handed down? i dont see that happening.

pretty soon this will be a game played in a closed, air conditioned building with no fans in the seats and rubber walls and will be pay per view only. a complete sterile environment.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NRA View Post
    you know, there are MANY things about todays "nfl" that make me sick but this is one of the worst.

who came up with this? who all signed off and WHY? i have not seen ONE player on the finz or the visiting teams who suffered ANY loss of life or lasting injury due to the early day heat in miami.

where is the NO MORE DECEMBER GAMEs SIN FOXBORO OR BUFFALO being handed down? i dont see that happening.

pretty soon this will be a game played in a closed, air conditioned building with no fans in the seats and rubber walls and will be pay per view only. a complete sterile environment.
    I believe this was done for the fans that go to the games so they're not roasting in their seats. Its no longer much of an advantage anymore anyway with the CBA. I remember back when Miami had no choice but to practice outside and several times per day, on Sundays at home they'd still be flying around the field in the 4th quarter while their opponents looked like they were going to die... those days are long gone though.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote