Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training Camp Strategy

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember the days of practices at St. Thomas University. Those were some tough SOB's that could handle the 3 a days with the heat.
    ANGELOfinsFAN
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Goatsville, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawd2u View Post
    I believe this was done for the fans that go to the games so they're not roasting in their seats. Its no longer much of an advantage anymore anyway with the CBA. I remember back when Miami had no choice but to practice outside and several times per day, on Sundays at home they'd still be flying around the field in the 4th quarter while their opponents looked like they were going to die... those days are long gone though.
    I'd concur with that.

It's an overall difference in society.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    Work out in the heat, the bubble makes you weak.

When I was a kid in the 60's, we didn't have air conditioning living in Pompano Beach. I played and practiced sports, including baseball and football through 12 grade in high school. I survived it drinking water from a garden hose or water fountains.
    The players today have it too easy.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Goatsville, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    When I was a kid in the 60's, we didn't have air conditioning living in Pompano Beach. I played and practiced sports, including baseball and football through 12 grade in high school. I survived it drinking water from a garden hose or water fountains.
    The players today have it too easy.
    No they don't. They have the things we would've had if the common sense would've existed.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by MiZFiT View Post
    Mine as well use the bubble. Half of teams in the NFL already play in a dome.
    Yeah, but we only play two reg season games in a dome this year. Both on Sept.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Goatsville, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawd2u View Post
    I believe this was done for the fans that go to the games so they're not roasting in their seats. Its no longer much of an advantage anymore anyway with the CBA. I remember back when Miami had no choice but to practice outside and several times per day, on Sundays at home they'd still be flying around the field in the 4th quarter while their opponents looked like they were going to die... those days are long gone though.
    If you're really a tough guy you accomplish the task presented to you, regardless of some heat or humidity.

I can't imagine humping around Fort Hood with all the bull**** my kid, who is an infantryman there now does.
    His body armor is 35 pounds...And that's BEFORE the ruck that carries more **** than I ever dreamed of goes on.
    Funny how guys can accomplish that, no matter where or when they come from.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    If you're really a tough guy you accomplish the task presented to you, regardless of some heat or humidity.

I can't imagine humping around Fort Hood with all the bull**** my kid, who is an infantryman there now does.
    His body armor is 35 pounds...And that's BEFORE the ruck that carries more **** than I ever dreamed of goes on.
    Funny how guys can accomplish that, no matter where or when they come from.

Yea at 46 I still outhump 80 percent of the infantry soldiers but jesus everything in me is saying hey dude u can just quit now lol.
    We humped all around whitesands last summer and they had to actually look at doing some things different because the IOTV with a full ruck sack just doesnt work,
    4 Miles seemed like 20. Heart is what separates the quitters in army, football and life.

Every generation likes to say how much harder everything was but smarter is always the way to do things.
    I cant imagine doing 37 miles in like 50 hours then fighting like they did in Battaan.
    Hell did the Battaan death march 26 miles with 35 pounds in sack and was like jesus how did they do it I was done an I had to fire a weapon afterwards would not have been effective over a 100 meters lol
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Goatsville, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Yea at 46 I still outhump 80 percent of the infantry soldiers but jesus everything in me is saying hey dude u can just quit now lol.
    We humped all around whitesands last summer and they had to actually look at doing some things different because the IOTV with a full ruck sack just doesnt work,
    4 Miles seemed like 20. Heart is what separates the quitters in army, football and life.
    Yeah.....I'm not doing that anymore. ****. That. Noise.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Yeah.....I'm not doing that anymore. ****. That. Noise.
    Yea if i had stayed in would have been out 9 years ago. Infantry is definately not for the older guys lol. I have a friend who came back in same time as me and he is so broken its no joke.
    Keeps me in shape though
    Quote Quote