Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh: Obama's leading a coup d'etat...no, really this time

1. -31
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Show me where I wished death on the man. I'll wait patiently...
    ok, you got me, you never actually said it, i misread, sorry. i dont think saying that someone is going to hell is much better than wishing death.

i have to say im a little surprised at you locke. lately you have been much less objective in your political criticism, i dont know if its because the left wing has taken a huge hit in all of these scandals and that has you on the defensive? lately, your post have been implying that while both sides of the political spectrum are bad, that the right wing is far worse in their tactics. that just isnt true. conservatives own the radio, limbaugh, hannity, they are going to have their 3 hours a day to say whatever they want. when it comes to television, online and print, liberals by far own radical narrative.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    ok, you got me, you never actually said it, i misread, sorry. i dont think saying that someone is going to hell is much better than wishing death.

i have to say im a little surprised at you locke. lately you have been much less objective in your political criticism, i dont know if its because the left wing has taken a huge hit in all of these scandals and that has you on the defensive? lately, your post have been implying that while both sides of the political spectrum are bad, that the right wing is far worse in their tactics. that just isnt true. conservatives own the radio, limbaugh, hannity, they are going to have their 3 hours a day to say whatever they want. when it comes to television, online and print, liberals by far own radical narrative.
    I don't watch/listen to the talking heads much, if at all. I think I catch the Thom Hartman program every few weeks at a colleague's house if I'm there during the day, but that's probably the extent of it. The difference is Limbaugh is everywhere. I have no interest in listening to these political commentators, but regardless, I inevitably hear from Rush. He is just that big. If the left had as big of a personality as Rush touting their stuff, I'd say the same about that person. But they don't. Rush is a beast all of his own. That's not partisanship. that's pointing out the obvious...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Not to be a jerk but this is from someone who is fairly liberal and had probably heard this from a liberal equivalent to Limbaugh. Most conservatives, and I know quite a few plus myself, do agree with some of what Rush says but think he is an entertaining idiot. Kind of like Liberals and Biden. Rush is entertaining and says some of the crap people might be thinking but won't say. However, he is not the face of the GOP and is certainly not the most powerful influence. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had Romney or McCain as our lame candidates. Rush was very tepid on both. Truthfully, from what I have observed, Liberals are far more likely to buy into Maddow, Matthews, and the rest of the buffoons at MSNBC as Conservatives are to buying into Rush, Beck, or the like. We are all going to agree with one set over another but Conservatives tend to distrust those in power, by nature.
    Actually I have heard conservative analysts make that conclusion which is what peaked my initial interest. I don't pay attention to either side taking swipes at each other. Ed Schultz does it all the time and he is as big a moron as Limbaugh.

How you can come to the conclusion that liberals listen more attentively to their sides analysts is pure speculation. I think it's fair to say that both sides listen to their interests and develop their opinions doing that. I do listen to what both sides have on issues but tune them out when they start villianizing the other side.

As for entertainment, try listening to Alan Combs radio show. It has been a couple years since I heard it but IMO it is/was the most "entertaining" show on talk radio. The large majority of his calls are from the extreme right and their views are far more unnerving then anything I have heard from the far left.

As for being fairly liberal, thank you but I would put myself in the middle. There are several issues I am strong to the conservative side and I think you'll see that over time.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    rush limbaugh the ultimate hypocritical chicken little
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    While I think rush is nothing more than a gas bag entertainer, I did find it far more gross when roger goodell denied him the opportunity to be part owner of an nfl team, citing the reason as not wanting such a controversial personality involved with the league. Because if Michael Moore or Jesse Jackson tried the same thing, I'm sure the league would of acted in the same manner. And I think Bryan Burwell was nothing more than an agenda driven hack when he wrote an article for the saint Louis post dispatch using multiple made up quotes that Limbaugh never said. Of course he still has his job.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Limbaugh: Obama's leading a coup d'etat...no, really this time

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Actually I have heard conservative analysts make that conclusion which is what peaked my initial interest. I don't pay attention to either side taking swipes at each other. Ed Schultz does it all the time and he is as big a moron as Limbaugh.

How you can come to the conclusion that liberals listen more attentively to their sides analysts is pure speculation. I think it's fair to say that both sides listen to their interests and develop their opinions doing that. I do listen to what both sides have on issues but tune them out when they start villianizing the other side.

As for entertainment, try listening to Alan Combs radio show. It has been a couple years since I heard it but IMO it is/was the most "entertaining" show on talk radio. The large majority of his calls are from the extreme right and their views are far more unnerving then anything I have heard from the far left.

As for being fairly liberal, thank you but I would put myself in the middle. There are several issues I am strong to the conservative side and I think you'll see that over time.
    From what I have seen, you are definitely no tree hugging whack job or communist but tend to fall a little left of me on most issues. I know that I fall to the right on most every fiscal issue and to the left on a lot of social issues. I definitely agree with the villainizing, there is enough blame to go around for every politician regardless of party these days. It is insane how both sides and their talking heads jockey to shovel the blame on the other side and to claim full responsibility for anything positive. I suppose my point regarding liberals following the media blindly is more about conservatives I know being so skeptical of everything and everyone. From our perspective, everyone is a sheep!
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I don't watch/listen to the talking heads much, if at all. I think I catch the Thom Hartman program every few weeks at a colleague's house if I'm there during the day, but that's probably the extent of it. The difference is Limbaugh is everywhere. I have no interest in listening to these political commentators, but regardless, I inevitably hear from Rush. He is just that big. If the left had as big of a personality as Rush touting their stuff, I'd say the same about that person. But they don't. Rush is a beast all of his own. That's not partisanship. that's pointing out the obvious...
    Less people listen to the radio than TV, so I think its all in your mind. Also, the only reason you hear from him is because you go to these lib sites who listen to his program all day everyday, to find one controversial item and then take it out of context. People like speesh then post this bs to a football sub forum.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    While I think rush is nothing more than a gas bag entertainer, I did find it far more gross when roger goodell denied him the opportunity to be part owner of an nfl team, citing the reason as not wanting such a controversial personality involved with the league. Because if Michael Moore or Jesse Jackson tried the same thing, I'm sure the league would of acted in the same manner. And I think Bryan Burwell was nothing more than an agenda driven hack when he wrote an article for the saint Louis post dispatch using multiple made up quotes that Limbaugh never said. Of course he still has his job.
    The freedom of speech has never freed you from people discriminating against you on the basis of that speech. That's always been the bargain. Far be it from me to agree with the Commissioner and the owners but those are the people who approve the other owners and I don't want to force them to select someone they don't approve of because of his comments or persona. It's like a supercharged Yacht club. They can pick or not pick whoever they want to be in their club, outside of discriminating on the basis of a few protected factors of which speech not one.

I'm not sure Michael Moore and Jesse Jackson are good opposite numbers for Limbaugh. Neither is as popular or as controversial, and neither have -- to my knowledge anyway -- made a statement about the thought processes of the league the way Limbaugh did with his Donovan McNabb bit. But I think Howard Stern might qualify. He's probably even richer than Rush but I doubt the league would want a controversial figure like him being part owner of a team. And I get that. And even if I don't get it, I think we do the right thing as a society in limiting the number of factors you're not allowed to consider when deciding whether to hire or fire or otherwise discriminate against someone.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    From what I have seen, you are definitely no tree hugging whack job or communist but tend to fall a little left of me on most issues. I know that I fall to the right on most every fiscal issue and to the left on a lot of social issues. I definitely agree with the villainizing, there is enough blame to go around for every politician regardless of party these days. It is insane how both sides and their talking heads jockey to shovel the blame on the other side and to claim full responsibility for anything positive. I suppose my point regarding liberals following the media blindly is more about conservatives I know being so skeptical of everything and everyone. From our perspective, everyone is a sheep!
    That's a poor generalization, imo.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The freedom of speech has never freed you from people discriminating against you on the basis of that speech. That's always been the bargain. Far be it from me to agree with the Commissioner and the owners but those are the people who approve the other owners and I don't want to force them to select someone they don't approve of because of his comments or persona. It's like a supercharged Yacht club. They can pick or not pick whoever they want to be in their club, outside of discriminating on the basis of a few protected factors of which speech not one.

I'm not sure Michael Moore and Jesse Jackson are good opposite numbers for Limbaugh. Neither is as popular or as controversial, and neither have -- to my knowledge anyway -- made a statement about the thought processes of the league the way Limbaugh did with his Donovan McNabb bit. But I think Howard Stern might qualify. He's probably even richer than Rush but I doubt the league would want a controversial figure like him being part owner of a team. And I get that. And even if I don't get it, I think we do the right thing as a society in limiting the number of factors you're not allowed to consider when deciding whether to hire or fire or otherwise discriminate against someone.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

That's a poor generalization, imo.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Goodall didnt have the right to do it and that he should of been forced to allow Limbaugh to gain partial ownership. I'm saying that him utilizing that right is a gross use of that power. The westboro baptist church have the right to do their protests and as long as they are within their legal rights, shouldn't be prevented from doing it. But I will call them disgusting human beings for doing what they do. And in regards to what Limbaugh said about McNabb, he said that certain members of the media were rooting for McNabb because he was black. Well, Ive heard John Saunders, whos pretty respected, say on the sports reporters that he was rooting for Ty Willingham at Notre Dame because he was black. Do you honestly not believe that certain media members root for Tiger Woods in Golf or the Williams sisters in tennis because they are black? I think the opposite is more normal. Do you not think that Philipino Americans don't root naturally for Pacquiao in boxing. You don't think most white people were rooting for Gerry Cooney against Larry Holmes just because hes white? It was funny, no one in espn or on the set at the time had any issue with what Limbaugh said, the day that he said it. It was only until days later when liberal bloggers called attention to it and made It a big deal did ESPN suddenly say "oh, what he said was wrong"

I also think stern is allowed easily. I don't think goodalls decision was due to Limbaugh being controversial, but being controversial and on a certain side of the political spectrum
    Last edited by Harry_Bagpipe; 06-20-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    remember when the left was tolerant and open minded towards other viewpoints. now its all hate and hell bound destruction for anyone who threatens the big government nanny state.
    Quote Quote