Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh: Obama's leading a coup d'etat...no, really this time

1. -21
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Skip Bayless is 100% legit. He believes every word he says.

It's definitely one of my guilty pleasures, but I watch the show almost everyday.
    No, he doesn't. His great skill is that he makes you believe he does. At one time he was actually a reasonable, very respected journalist in Dallas. If you've ever watched the 30 for 30 Pony Excess on the rise and fall of SMU's football program, he's featured and presents himself in a wholly different light than he is on First Take. Bayless figured out a way to get himself on TV and make a boatload of cash and he took it. It cost him his credibility, but so what?

He doesn't believe a word.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Skip Bayless is 100% legit. He believes every word he says.

It's definitely one of my guilty pleasures, but I watch the show almost everyday.

Ugh. Really?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    No, he doesn't. His great skill is that he makes you believe he does. At one time he was actually a reasonable, very respected journalist in Dallas. If you've ever watched the 30 for 30 Pony Excess on the rise and fall of SMU's football program, he's featured and presents himself in a wholly different light than he is on First Take. Bayless figured out a way to get himself on TV and make a boatload of cash and he took it. It cost him his credibility, but so what?

We'll agree to disagree. I've seen Pony Express & I'm aware of his background. People who don't watch the show see him rant about Tim Tebow & think he's like that about everything. I watch the show almost everyday for over 2 years now, & he's one-thousand percent legit. He believes every single word he says; even the Tebow stuff.

You can believe he's one of the greatest actors of all time who's never broken character if you want to, but I know that the writer turned Show-Host isn't that good. I've heard the "he's a fake" stuff before (all by people who predictably don't watch the show), but if you've watched it over time like I have, you'd know as well as I do that he's not faking one second of it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin

100% correct. He is nothing but a troll. Stephen a smith does the same thing on the show. In fact, a couple of years ago Stephen A was doing one of his rants on the show and after he finished he thought the camera was turned off and they went to a commercial. He than looked to his cohost, smiled and said if he thought that he sounded convincing. It was quick and they went right to a commercial but I watched it live. Just like Limbaugh they are nothing but entertainers, saying whatever they think will get them ratings, listeners or viewers. They don't believe half the stuff they say.

Why do you think Bayless always attaches himself to extremely polarizing people and than have extreme views on them. Whether its Lebron or tebow, he is playing his viewers for suckers.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    100% correct. He is nothing but a troll. Stephen a smith does the same thing on the show. In fact, a couple of years ago Stephen A was doing one of his rants on the show and after he finished he thought the camera was turned off and they went to a commercial. He than looked to his cohost, smiled and said if he thought that he sounded convincing. It was quick and they went right to a commercial but I watched it live. Just like Limbaugh they are nothing but entertainers, saying whatever they think will get them ratings, listeners or viewers. They don't believe half the stuff they say.

Why do you think Bayless always attaches himself to extremely polarizing people and than have extreme views on them. Whether its Lebron or tebow, he is playing his viewers for suckers.
    And the fact that this is very lucrative for him definitely doesn't say anything about his motives. Que bono? Que what? Definitely just a nice coincidence.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post

Skip's been on the Tebow train long before Tebow-mania, back to his days at Florida. He said Tebow should've been a late first-round pick before the draft, & was clamoring for him to take over Orton's job ever since; including the last 3 games he started in his rookie season. When Tebow starting winning all those games, it was much more an "I told you so" thing for Skip, then a "let me hop on this already moving bandwagon" thing.

You guy's believe what you like, I won't try to convince anyone, but I know he's not trolling.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Limbaugh: Obama's leading a coup d'etat...no, really this time

Limbaugh is indeed an entertainer. He entertains ultra-conservatives who take him seriously and agree with him by validating their world view. He entertains liberals who hate him in the same way a horror movie entertains those who like the genre. He entertains centrists who view him as an outrageous clown. And he and his sponsors are laughing all the way to the bank.

I listen often. The coup d'etat thing is just the latest horror movie. He's my favorite clown of the airwaves.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Skip's been on the Tebow train long before Tebow-mania, back to his days at Florida. He said Tebow should've been a late first-round pick before the draft, & was clamoring for him to take over Orton's job ever since; including the last 3 games he started in his rookie season. When Tebow starting winning all those games, it was much more an "I told you so" thing for Skip, then a "let me hop on this already moving bandwagon" thing.

You guy's believe what you like, I won't try to convince anyone, but I know he's not trolling.
    Tebow-mania was Tebow-mania before he was even a starter at Florida. As a Gator who was living in Gainesville at the time, I remember it well. He was big news even back in high school and his recruitment was met with tremendous excitement and expectation (to my dismay). Back when he was a part time player when Chris Leak was still the starter, he was a big enough celebrity to get on the post game shows. No one batted an eye, despite the fact that he was, you know, a backup who only attempted 33 passes for the season.

The "he's not an NFL quarterback" debate dates back to that. Even before, if you count how many colleges didn't want him as a quarterback and how he actually had to switch to a different high school to start at the position. It's part of his "story" that no one wanted him other than Urban Meyer, who saw him as a uniquely perfect fit (hence the excitement all over campus). It's a classic triumphant storyline and part of why some people relate so much to him. "The minor fall, and the major lift" as Leonard Cohen might say.

The bottom line being, the battle lines were staked out and heavily defended well before Tebow became eligible for the draft. At every stage the "experts" have been against him and the "he's a winner" and "I like him because he's religious and that makes me not quite so self conscious about being religious, too" crowd has had his back. Whether or not Bayless is a "believer" it hardly took a genius to know which was going to be the controversial position to take as a member of the media.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Limbaugh: Obama's leading a coup d'etat...no, really this time

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I disagree Jared. Limbaugh is the face and most powerful influence of the GOP. Republican candidates can't afford to have him against their agenda because of the influence he has over so many.
    Not to be a jerk but this is from someone who is fairly liberal and had probably heard this from a liberal equivalent to Limbaugh. Most conservatives, and I know quite a few plus myself, do agree with some of what Rush says but think he is an entertaining idiot. Kind of like Liberals and Biden. Rush is entertaining and says some of the crap people might be thinking but won't say. However, he is not the face of the GOP and is certainly not the most powerful influence. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had Romney or McCain as our lame candidates. Rush was very tepid on both. Truthfully, from what I have observed, Liberals are far more likely to buy into Maddow, Matthews, and the rest of the buffoons at MSNBC as Conservatives are to buying into Rush, Beck, or the like. We are all going to agree with one set over another but Conservatives tend to distrust those in power, by nature.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Whether or not Bayless is a "believer" it hardly took a genius to know which was going to be the controversial position to take as a member of the media.
    You're free to question the genuineness of his belief in Tebow (despite his first round prediction, & years of support), but the notion that Skip attached himself to Tebow at the height of his popularity isn't true. Legitimate or not, Skip's been driving that bandwagon long before they started doing Tim Tebow sketches on SNL.

Not many people thought he'd be an effective pro-quarterback, even less thought he'd be a first round pick (hence his commercial & 'story' that you alluded to), & I don't think many non-Tebow/non-Bronco fans gave a hoot about him when he was riding the bench in Denver. If he'd have kept riding that bench, I think most people were completely content with forgetting about Tim Tebow (it is the less controversial stance, after-all). I don't think in Skip's wildest dreams that when he was "attaching himself" to Tim Tebow at Florida, that he had the foggiest idea that Tebow-mania would become what it did. A much more likely scenario would have probably been that Tebow flopped as a pro-quarterback (as he seems to be doing now), & Skip's reputation taken a hit for defending him so fervently.
    Quote Quote