Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Why Kerry Wants to Strike Syria?

  1. -11
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,590
    vCash:
    13188
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Why Kerry Wants to Strike Syria?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I would say that the Republicans are center to slightly right and most dems start at center left and go way left from there. This works police crap is not a conservative concept...we like some military isolation to a degree and have learned that straying from this concept yields horrific results (see GWB Presidency).
    Haha I said World Police!

    Team America World Police

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnU...e_gdata_player
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,791
    vCash:
    4782
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I would say that the Republicans are center to slightly right and most dems start at center left and go way left from there. This works police crap is not a conservative concept...we like some military isolation to a degree and have learned that straying from this concept yields horrific results (see GWB Presidency).
    No way. A truly far-left party would never have voted the Monsanto Protection Act into law. They would never approve the use of drone strikes, or approve of spying on it's own citizens. A true left party would never have taxes so low on the richest people (the proposed rates from Obama are still much lower than they would be under a left President). A truly left party would have legalized marijuana years ago, as well done something about the pseudo-fair pay to women. I think you're confusing left of conservatives as left in general. Democrats are just much less conservative than Republicans are...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    No way. A truly far-left party would never have voted the Monsanto Protection Act into law. They would never approve the use of drone strikes, or approve of spying on it's own citizens. A true left party would never have taxes so low on the richest people (the proposed rates from Obama are still much lower than they would be under a left President). A truly left party would have legalized marijuana years ago, as well done something about the pseudo-fair pay to women. I think you're confusing left of conservatives as left in general. Democrats are just much less conservative than Republicans are...
    I believe the opposite. I think if republicans were really being conservative they would be against spying, for legalization, not for nation building or funding militias. You are confusing neo-conservatives with what the Republican Party should be.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    19,219
    vCash:
    21703
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There hasn't been a foreign policy difference between the parties since the 60s...
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,791
    vCash:
    4782
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    I believe the opposite. I think if republicans were really being conservative they would be against spying, for legalization, not for nation building or funding militias. You are confusing neo-conservatives with what the Republican Party should be.
    I think there are a bunch of overlaps between conservatives and liberals that most would call common sense. Not spying on people, etc, are those. But a truly left President would work towards a more socialistic economy. And despite what people have been saying, Obama has done no such thing. The closest would have been his healthcare plan with the public option. But as soon as the public option was dumped, it became identical to Romney's plan in Massachusetts. Both parties are pretty close to eachother on the political spectrum, with Republicans being farther right than Democrats on the whole. The Green Party is probably the only really left party in the country, and we see how seriously they are taken...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,882
    vCash:
    6312
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    The conservatives went from William f Buckley to Sean hannity and glen beck. So sad.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    2,026
    vCash:
    5303
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    The conservatives went from William f Buckley to Sean hannity and glen beck. So sad.
    Remember when bill oreilly was the scariest thing on fox?

    ---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

    As for Syria I think we can all agree there are only bad options and worse options. Which is middle east diplomacy in a nut shell
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey81701 View Post
    Remember when bill oreilly was the scariest thing on fox?

    ---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

    As for Syria I think we can all agree there are only bad options and worse options. Which is middle east diplomacy in a nut shell
    Yes. You mean the same bill oreilly who supported Obama last night on his show regarding the NSA scandal? The same one that tonight says he supports the administration on immigration reform?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    2,026
    vCash:
    5303
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Yes. You mean the same bill oreilly who supported Obama last night on his show regarding the NSA scandal? The same one that tonight says he supports the administration on immigration reform?
    I haven't watched oreilly the past few nights was watching the pregame. I don't agree with NSA but as for immigration reform as long as they have a serious plan to secure the border I agree with the immigration bill, there are 11 million people on the ground we can't continue to do nothing
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,590
    vCash:
    13188
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Why Kerry Wants to Strike Syria?

    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    No way. A truly far-left party would never have voted the Monsanto Protection Act into law. They would never approve the use of drone strikes, or approve of spying on it's own citizens. A true left party would never have taxes so low on the richest people (the proposed rates from Obama are still much lower than they would be under a left President). A truly left party would have legalized marijuana years ago, as well done something about the pseudo-fair pay to women. I think you're confusing left of conservatives as left in general. Democrats are just much less conservative than Republicans are...
    I get your point and you are correct to a degree but a truly far-left government would be a Nazi style socialism or communism which we know quite well wouldn't behave altruistic or anything like what you describe above. They might in theory but never in practice. They would dominate every aspect of people's lives. I have read and even posted a few times that the political continuum is not linear but horseshoe shaped such that far right and far left end up basically being very similar and the middle being the most different from both left and right. I would imagine that almost all Americans fit at the closed end of the horseshoe and it rightfully scares all of us to see things trek too far down either leg because it ends up essentially being totalitarian. What is left and right in America is not really the extremes seen on a global scale.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Fearing a U.S. strike, Syria warns of global "chaos
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 10:51 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 05:15 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 06:59 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 06:07 PM
  5. Heinz Kerry boosts Kerry health plan
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •