Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking the AFC

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ranking the AFC

I'll take an early stab.

1. Denver -- Looks to have all the pieces if Peyton Manning stays healthy.
    2. New England --- The Aaron Hernandez situation bears watching, but Tom Brady can still carve a defense like a Thanksgiving turkey.
    3. Houston --- Loaded, but can Matt Schaub take them to another level?
    4. Cincinnati -- Loved their draft. This is a team on the rise.
    5. Indianapolis -- Can't sneak up on teams this year, but Andrew Luck could be better in year 2.
    6. Miami --- Won the offseason, but how quickly can team come together?
    7. Baltimore -- Tough one to predict. Lost a lot of veteran talent, but still could be in the running.
    8. Pittsburgh -- Could go either way. Have some age on defense and may be transitioning.
    9. Tennessee -- Nice draft. If Locker can make a leap they could surprise.
    10. Kansas City -- Should be one of the most improved teams.
    11. San Diego -- Phillip Rivers gives them a chance.
    12. Buffalo -- New coach and new quarterback usually means growing pains.
    13. New York -- Defense could keep them in games, but offensively look like a mess.
    14. Cleveland -- Making progress, but looking up in a tough division.
    15. Oakland -- Could challenge for #1 overall pick.
    16. Jacksonville -- Early favorite for #1 overall pick.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    agree 6-8 can go either way
    PHINFAN IN HONDURAS!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think I'd put NE that high. And it has nothing to do with Gronk and Hernandez. I'd put the Texans ahead of them. Maybe even Indy. And who knows, Miami may be able to jump them. They are weak against the pass, don't have a spectacular running game. And their passing offense will be a big question mark now.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Pretty good assessment. My only gripe is that Indy is too high - I think Losing Arians is huge and they have a deceptively tough schedule.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good rankings...I still think Locker is gonna stay a terrible qb. Just looks lost. 9th seems alright for them.
    Prov 3:6
    : in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1) Broncos- Almost as complete a team as there is. Finally got the defensive tackles theyve needed since roughly '05. Worried about their pass rush outside of Miller.
    2) Steelers- Quietly have been drafting young defensive players who have sat on the bench, now they are rotating in. As long as Ben stays up, they will compete.
    3) Ravens- Filled almost every hole they made after their championship. Losing Boldin will hurt, but they still have Pitta, Torrey Smith, Rice, and Dickson. Will have a nasty pass rush.
    4) Pats- Ha! Only reason they rank this high is because of Brady and a relatively young defense. They'll make the playoffs, but drop out quick. The worst team theyve fielded since '06.
    5) Texans- Ugh. Balanced team that lacks a 3rd gear. Theyll be good, but uninspiring. Colts should probably be listed here.
    6) Colts- Like Denver, 2 years after they made a regime change they rebuilt their franchise. Might take a step back this year, but have the foundation of a dynasty.
    7) Bengals- Shockingly have become an extremely competent franchise. If Dalton takes the next step, the sky is the limit.
    8) Dolphins- To much reliance on inexperienced players or those coming off injuries.
    9) Chargers- Rivers is only 2 seasons removed from his arguably career year. He returns to form and that team can make noise. Roster still lacks talent.
    10) Chiefs- Stacked team, limited quarterback. Shame its going to take them 3 years to figure that out, by then their veterans will be over the hill.
    11) Titans- Like the Chiefs, have a bunch of shinny weapons. To bad their quarterback situation is hot garbage.
    12) Browns- Didnt particularly like what they did this offseason roster wise. Loved the coaching staff assembled.
    13) Jets- Totally screwed. They had a chance to make a huge leap in their rebuilding process butt fumbled(see what i did there?). Geno will bust, Rex will be fired, they are bottom feeders.
    14) Bills- at EJ Manuel. Like the Jets, QB will bust, coaches fired, etc, etc, etc. Probably take longer then the Jets, as their regime will try and overcome the EJ bust by bringing in a veteran years from now.
    15) Jags- at their new regime. Forever will they be haunted by drafting a right tackle 2nd overall. I kind of hoped they would show competence, but they didnt.
    16) Raiders- This team has the cap of a 2004 team. They are literally a decade behind everyone else. Only thing they can do is go up. Probably be better then the Jags, Jets, and Bills in 2 years.

Honestly, having to go through all the teams in the AFC, this list just reinforced one thing: the AFC is clownshoes compared to the NFC. Because of that, league ranking wise, the Dolphins are what...14? 16? About where we've been. Unfortunate, but we have a solid foundation with a franchise quarterback and pass rusher. When we get a front office that can get offensive playmakers we will be set. Enraging that the Colts are already there. Screw that franchise.
    Last edited by Spesh; 06-21-2013 at 03:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like your rankings.Denver looking good at 1,Pats may slide down and Houston slide up.4-9 could flip around several times by mid season.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Without Gronk and Hernandez and Welker you can literally kiss NE goodbye.

WHose going to step up? Edelman is good, very good with Brady if healthy and that other cat they drafted has potential but the rest is downhill from there.

Miami, IF they play up to their talent level can easily be an 11 win team 1st in the AFC this year. Problem is, VERY VERY OFTEN teams that spend big get big headed and play like **** but 1 thing I do like is a lot of our BIG playres are also via draft unlike other teams. For ex. Jordan, Taylor, Davis, Sims to name a few will all play big roles as rookies, it isn't just the FA taht are going to come in and play day 1 in every position.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Houston -- Upgraded in all key areas. This is finaly their year.
    2. Denver -- No obvious weaknesses at all, other than Peyton's cervical spine.
    3. Cincinnati -- This is a hell of a football team - which is an amazing thing to say about the Bungles
    4. Pittsburgh -- There or thereabouts
    5. New England -- Brady and Belichick keep them relevant, but this team is on the slide
    6. Miami -- Glass half full, but why not?
    7. Indy -- coaching/scheme change leads to a rough start and a step back this season
    8. Baltimore -- will lack focus this year after so much roster churn and post-SB hangover
    9. Kansas City -- I have grave doubts about the WR corps, but the rest makes up for it
    10. Buffalo -- My wild card pick. They have upgraded massively, with a huge offseason and - after EJ - an excellent draft. Kolb will start the season, imo. EJ may appear later.
    11. San Diego -- I don't believe in Rivers esp with no pass protect. Good draft and Woodhead a nice pickup, tho.
    12. Tennessee -- Jake Locker. That is all.
    13. Oakland -- Some signs of a rebirth, but this is a ground-up overhaul.
    14. New York -- Don't see an easy answer to their many many problems.
    15. Cleveland -- Wouldn't be surprised if they finished 5 or 6 slots higher than this, but - it's the Browns - they probably won't.
    16. Jacksonville -- What needs to be said?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not convinced that the Colts are that good. Their whole run last year was because of Arians during the whole " Chuck Strong" situation. From what I saw last year, I believe that Arians was a better coach than Pagano, and when you take away the motivation they had from last year, I'm not overly impressed by them.
    Quote Quote