Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSA Spied on Barack Obama in 2004 -- Among Others

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

NSA Spied on Barack Obama in 2004 -- Among Others

Russ Tice worked as an offensive National Security Agency (NSA) agent from 2002 to 2005, before becoming a source for this Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times article exposing NSA domestic spying.
    This week he appeared on the Boiling Frogs Show and detailed how he had his hands "in the nitty-gritty, the nuts and bolts" during his 20 years as a U.S. intelligence analyst.

Tice claimed that he held NSA wiretap orders targeting numerous members of the U.S. government, including one for a young senator from Illinois named Barack Obama.

"In the summer of 2004, one of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a forty-some-year-old senator from Illinois. You wouldn't happen to know where that guy lives now would you? It's a big White House in Washington D.C. That's who the NSA went after. That's the President of the United States now."

Tice added that he also saw orders to spy on Hillary Clinton, Senators John McCain and Diane Feinstein, then-Secretary of State Colin Powell, Gen. David Petraeus, and a current Supreme Court Justice.

That sounds like a lot of abuse of the rules that govern NSA domestic spying. And that's exactly what Tice is claiming.

"The abuse is rampant and everyone is pretending that it's never happened, and it couldn't happen. ... I know [there was abuse] because I had my hands on the papers for these sorts of things: They went after high-ranking military officers; they went after members of congress Senate and the House especially on the intelligence committees and the armed services committees, lawyers, law firms, judges, State Department officials, part of the White House, multinational companies, financial firms, NGOs, civil rights groups ..."
    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-n...#ixzz2X0d86q6y
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now, will this guy be prosecuted as well?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Remember though folks, nothing illegal going on here!

Spoiler 
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: NSA Spied on Barack Obama in 2004 -- Among Others

The sorry politicians probably spy on each other to ensure that everyone is on the same page. They can't have anyone going honest and actually looking out for the people...that crap can get you killed! Once they confirmed that Obama and McCain were part of the club, they let them duke it out for president.

The ones who should be in jail are not the field agents, it should be the people in power who order this crap or who know what is going on and do nothing. Our government looks more like the WWE every day...ridiculous drama, mild entertainment obsessed over by the masses, and preplanned outcomes.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The sorry politicians probably spy on each other to ensure that everyone is on the same page. They can't have anyone going honest and actually looking out for the people...that crap can get you killed! Once they confirmed that Obama and McCain were part of the club, they let them duke it out for president.

The ones who should be in jail are not the field agents, it should be the people in power who order this crap or who know what is going on and do nothing. Our government looks more like the WWE every day...ridiculous drama, mild entertainment obsessed over by the masses, and preplanned outcomes.
    For me guys who leak stuff like this are heroes. They don't endanger anybody but themselves. I have yet to see what Snowden has released which would hurt our National Security or any person. We all knew that spying is going on. We simply found out how far reaching it already is. It is just an embarrassment to the political powers nothing more and nothing less.

I hope Snowden gets away with it and more people have the guts to come out.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    For me guys who leak stuff like this are heroes. They don't endanger anybody but themselves. I have yet to see what Snowden has released which would hurt our National Security or any person. We all knew that spying is going on. We simply found out how far reaching it already is. It is just an embarrassment to the political powers nothing more and nothing less.

I hope Snowden gets away with it and more people have the guts to come out.
    I have a feeling his car, plane, bike, etc. will somehow find it's way into an explosion somehow

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I have a feeling his car, plane, bike, etc. will somehow find it's way into an explosion somehow
    All the NSA buzz words in this post lol. Welcome to the list!
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You just made it on top of the NSA list.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

NSA Spied on Barack Obama in 2004 -- Among Others

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

Spot on...

Btw, it's hilarious they charged Snowden with espionage of all things... When will the American people be able to prosecute the government for espionage?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Spot on...

Btw, it's hilarious they charged Snowden with espionage of all things... When will the American people be able to prosecute the government for espionage?
    You could. But to gain any traction you really need a class action suit with a lot of people. Individually you won't get far. The law suit would be dead on arrival.
    The other problem would be that the government would continue to classify any document under "National Security". I would reckon that any lawsuit would have very little public exposure.

Just look at the 9/11 commission report. A simple report. 90% of it is deducted and blacked out.
    Quote Quote