Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady to begin the season without his five top receivers from a season ago.

1. -11
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who are we kidding. Watch them go 11-5 and win the division again. Blah
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    They have Tom Brady, a strong offensive line, and a great running game. They will be fine but they don't look like the juggernaut of the past
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    This is a man who was minutes away from a Super Bowl w/ Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as his top weapons on offense. We all hate him but he's the best this game has seen in a long time. he'll survive and thrive.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    This is a man who was minutes away from a Super Bowl w/ Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as his top weapons on offense. We all hate him but he's the best this game has seen in a long time. he'll survive and thrive.
    Even 2 years ago I would whole heartedly agree. The Pats will take a hit with the loss of production, years of not drafting well and a not so good defense. Brady will always make them a contender but he is aging and I wonder just how much he has left in the tank.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Even 2 years ago I would whole heartedly agree. The Pats will take a hit with the loss of production, years of not drafting well and a not so good defense. Brady will always make them a contender but he is aging and I wonder just how much he has left in the tank.
    He played much of last year w/o Gronk or Hernandez and they still easily won the division and got a 2 seed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He played much of last year w/o Gronk or Hernandez and they still easily won the division and got a 2 seed.
    That's based more on a lack of talent from the Dolphins, Jets and Bills. And the Pats have lost a lot more then just Hernandez who is one of the top 5 TEs in the league. 95% of their offensive production is gone from last year. The remedy? A solid slot WR that can't stay healthy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    That's based more on a lack of talent from the Dolphins, Jets and Bills. And the Pats have lost a lot more then just Hernandez who is one of the top 5 TEs in the league. 95% of their offensive production is gone from last year. The remedy? A solid slot WR that can't stay healthy.
    Not really, they still made the Championship Game and beat playoff bound teams Denver, Indy, Houston while losing very close games to Sea & SF.

I hope they suck, I will believe it when I see it. People are forgetting they can run the ball now and their D has been steadily improving in recent years. maybe they don't average 35 PPG but they will be in the high 20s which will be enough to win a lot of games.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not really, they still made the Championship Game and beat playoff bound teams Denver, Indy, Houston while losing very close games to Sea & SF.

I hope they suck, I will believe it when I see it. People are forgetting they can run the ball now and their D has been steadily improving in recent years. maybe they don't average 35 PPG but they will be in the high 20s which will be enough to win a lot of games.
    The difference to the D was the acquisition of Talib. You know I am with you in hoping they suck but that's a stretch. I think a more accurate assessment is that they are at the most vulnerable they have been in 10+ years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    The difference to the D was the acquisition of Talib. You know I am with you in hoping they suck but that's a stretch. I think a more accurate assessment is that they are at the most vulnerable they have been in 10+ years.
    That could be and that's great for you guys since you are the likely best team in the division after the Pats.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They won with defense those Super Bowl years (and a spkash of good ole cheating) Their d has been rather un impressive as of lately. The pats are in serious trouble. Brady is north of 35, and they lost their entire receiving core. Brady is a great qb, but a god he is not. We're going to see just how mortal he is over the next few seasons.
    Quote Quote