Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Brady to begin the season without his five top receivers from a season ago.

  1. -11
    dolpns13's Avatar
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    24,552
    vCash:
    23598
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who are we kidding. Watch them go 11-5 and win the division again. Blah
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,805
    vCash:
    4052
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    They have Tom Brady, a strong offensive line, and a great running game. They will be fine but they don't look like the juggernaut of the past
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,963
    vCash:
    19194
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    This is a man who was minutes away from a Super Bowl w/ Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as his top weapons on offense. We all hate him but he's the best this game has seen in a long time. he'll survive and thrive.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,489
    vCash:
    7332
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    This is a man who was minutes away from a Super Bowl w/ Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as his top weapons on offense. We all hate him but he's the best this game has seen in a long time. he'll survive and thrive.
    Even 2 years ago I would whole heartedly agree. The Pats will take a hit with the loss of production, years of not drafting well and a not so good defense. Brady will always make them a contender but he is aging and I wonder just how much he has left in the tank.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,963
    vCash:
    19194
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Even 2 years ago I would whole heartedly agree. The Pats will take a hit with the loss of production, years of not drafting well and a not so good defense. Brady will always make them a contender but he is aging and I wonder just how much he has left in the tank.
    He played much of last year w/o Gronk or Hernandez and they still easily won the division and got a 2 seed.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,489
    vCash:
    7332
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He played much of last year w/o Gronk or Hernandez and they still easily won the division and got a 2 seed.
    That's based more on a lack of talent from the Dolphins, Jets and Bills. And the Pats have lost a lot more then just Hernandez who is one of the top 5 TEs in the league. 95% of their offensive production is gone from last year. The remedy? A solid slot WR that can't stay healthy.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,963
    vCash:
    19194
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    That's based more on a lack of talent from the Dolphins, Jets and Bills. And the Pats have lost a lot more then just Hernandez who is one of the top 5 TEs in the league. 95% of their offensive production is gone from last year. The remedy? A solid slot WR that can't stay healthy.
    Not really, they still made the Championship Game and beat playoff bound teams Denver, Indy, Houston while losing very close games to Sea & SF.

    I hope they suck, I will believe it when I see it. People are forgetting they can run the ball now and their D has been steadily improving in recent years. maybe they don't average 35 PPG but they will be in the high 20s which will be enough to win a lot of games.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,489
    vCash:
    7332
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Not really, they still made the Championship Game and beat playoff bound teams Denver, Indy, Houston while losing very close games to Sea & SF.

    I hope they suck, I will believe it when I see it. People are forgetting they can run the ball now and their D has been steadily improving in recent years. maybe they don't average 35 PPG but they will be in the high 20s which will be enough to win a lot of games.
    The difference to the D was the acquisition of Talib. You know I am with you in hoping they suck but that's a stretch. I think a more accurate assessment is that they are at the most vulnerable they have been in 10+ years.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,963
    vCash:
    19194
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    The difference to the D was the acquisition of Talib. You know I am with you in hoping they suck but that's a stretch. I think a more accurate assessment is that they are at the most vulnerable they have been in 10+ years.
    That could be and that's great for you guys since you are the likely best team in the division after the Pats.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    142
    vCash:
    1365
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    This is a man who was minutes away from a Super Bowl w/ Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell as his top weapons on offense. We all hate him but he's the best this game has seen in a long time. he'll survive and thrive.
    They won with defense those Super Bowl years (and a spkash of good ole cheating) Their d has been rather un impressive as of lately. The pats are in serious trouble. Brady is north of 35, and they lost their entire receiving core. Brady is a great qb, but a god he is not. We're going to see just how mortal he is over the next few seasons.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. let the off season begin
    By Pasko45 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 11:02 PM
  2. 0-3 season over...search of new HC has begin !
    By fastball83 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 12:22 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 12:03 PM
  4. Let the season begin
    By RobertHoover in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-07-2002, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •