Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: chink in Pat' armor

1. -1
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    tebow is a complete non issue in NE, third string QB.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tebow won't be a non issue with the media...that crap network espn is but a stones throw away...will be even more unwatchable
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannchise View Post
    chink in Pat' armor I know I'm being optimistic, however, after a "Dream Team" offseason (sarcasm), combine that with some issues with The Pats, and division is in better shape than it was, clearly a year ago: 1. Brady is a year older. 2. Losing Welker 3. Gronk can't stay healthy 4. Tebow distractions 5. and now Hernandez and what effect the homicide will have. If Pats play with one or none of the TE's, the entire complexity of that team changes offensively, and exponentially w/o Welker.

Phins rise while Pats fall.

Was announce yesterday Gronk will be on the unable to perform list all of preseason.
    Last edited by Phindog; 06-20-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "dream team" offseason? that is a stretch and I hate seeing fans(it's happening on our board too) being so excited that hernandez may have been involved in a murder. At some point real life has to be more important than a football game.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Hernandez situationS (as there are now two), are scary stuff. Could be nothing, but it doesn't really look like that.

How that contributes to the football side of things, who knows. I firmly believe that the Patriots are starting a steady and inevitable decline, which will take a few years to correct. Does that mean they won't be at the sharp end of the season? Not to me. Belichick is - like him or hate him - the best gameday tactician in the business. But the roster is looking wobbly, Brady is definitely getting happy feet more and more at this career stage, the drafts are curious at best. It's not enough to push them tumbling into the abyss, but as the OP said, it does open a chink in the armour. You can't underestimate them, but the air of impregnability is gone, if you ask me.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    "dream team" offseason? that is a stretch and I hate seeing fans(it's happening on our board too) being so excited that hernandez may have been involved in a murder. At some point real life has to be more important than a football game.
    If he is, the hell with him..

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I agree. Not often I agree with a Jets fan, but in this case, I definitely do.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Amendola stays healthy, they may no miss Welker that much. Welker is absolutely devastating in the slot, but he's strictly a slot receiver. Amendola offers a lot more versatility at the receiver position.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Stench of the Iron Age (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlkgT4RCzo
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    If Amendola stays healthy, they may no miss Welker that much. Welker is absolutely devastating in the slot, but he's strictly a slot receiver. Amendola offers a lot more versatility at the receiver position.
    But he is nowhere the safety blanket Welker was, Welker had a great knack of being open when you needed him (there was a reason Brady was upset when Welker left), and then there is the dependability issue....will Amendola last a whole year with any major injury issue. Going from Welker to Amendola may not be as easy as some may think, then again the QB is Brady, so the growing pains may not be as painful as they could be.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    But he is nowhere the safety blanket Welker was, Welker had a great knack of being open when you needed him (there was a reason Brady was upset when Welker left), and then there is the dependability issue....will Amendola last a whole year with any major injury issue. Going from Welker to Amendola may not be as easy as some may think, then again the QB is Brady, so the growing pains may not be as painful as they could be.
    How many SBs did Brady win pre Welker? how many w/ Welker? Welker is a GOOD player but vastly overrated, he drops too many passes(including probably costing them the SB 2 years ago) and he catches a million dumpoffs. He'll find another security blanket, he could win w/ anyone at WR/TE. He nearly made a SB w/ jabar Gaffney and reche Caldwell as his main weapons.
    Quote Quote