Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Patriots imploding?

1. -61
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    A cancer doesn't start in stage 4.... I begins with one cell that chooses not to die and affects every other one around it. The Hernandez cancer WILL affect the Pats this year in a couple of ways. First, this cancer has been brewing a while and already caused a distrust by vets according to Matt Light (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...aron-hernandez). If vets felt that way about him and this happened how do you think every other kid with a ? about his character will be treated in that locker room? It might not be conscious, but people will act differently.

What it also does is gives other teams swagger vs the Pats that wasn't there before. Before it was a focus to cover up Gronk, Welker, Hrnandez. Now Hernandez is gone and Gronk will prob be back in time for Amendola to get hurt. This swagger against them is something that the Pats have only seen in the playoffs from most teams and usually leads to them losing.

Are they imploding? No, but they are worse than 12 months ago. The cancer from Hernandez is going to be there a while and the personell decisions over the years have left the Pats open.

On a personal note, I can't really rejoice in Hernadez getting arrested for killing a person. Someone is dead because he is a thug. I am glad the Pats are weaker because they chose to draft someone with so many character concerns but hate how those character concerns came to fruition.

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it isn't like every team is going to lay down and let us win the super bowl because fate has been cruel to the Pats. to consider what that team could've been or should've been is immaterial and thus fruitless. they show up with who they're able to show up with and that's who we need to defeat.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey, if Miller hangs on to the ball, he's not that bad.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Team Tannehill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphinCam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dodge Logo
    All the reports show they're not missing a beat. Sure they don't have their top 5 targets from last year, but when has that ever mattered to BB/TB? They're still going to be tough as hell, and they've upgraded their defense as well.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinFan1968 View Post
    All the reports show they're not missing a beat. Sure they don't have their top 5 targets from last year, but when has that ever mattered to BB/TB? They're still going to be tough as hell, and they've upgraded their defense as well.
    Well for what its worth there have been some good reports out of their scrimmages on all their qb's and Sudfield is called baby Gronk. IN games I will buy a lot more but they have the best coach in the league in my opinion and he seems to get more out of guys than most coaches so we shall see
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Team Tannehill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Antonio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphinCam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dodge Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Well for what its worth there have been some good reports out of their scrimmages on all their qb's and Sudfield is called baby Gronk. IN games I will buy a lot more but they have the best coach in the league in my opinion and he seems to get more out of guys than most coaches so we shall see
    Aye. Same here. They're just so perfect at the little 5 yd crap it's sickening...bound to keep that up at least.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots imploding.....huh???

For those with short memories

"If you think this turbulent offseason portends a decline on the field for the New England Patriots … well, frankly, you need a history lesson. No team in the NFL, and maybe in the history of sport, has dealt better with controversy. Issues that would have caused other teams to curl up in a thumb-sucking fetal position have been followed by some of the Patriots’ greatest successes. The entire Bill Belichick-Tom Brady dynasty—three Super Bowl titles, two other Super Bowl appearances and nine seasons with at least 11 victories since 2001—was launched on controversy."

[COLOR="#000000"]Teams should be scared, because this is where Bill thrives. It will be Spygate all over again.[/COLOR]

complete atricle by Greg Bedard can be found here http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/21/bill-b...ron-hernandez/
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    While I agree that they are far from imploding, I do think they aren't as scary as years past. And I truly believe that if Miami can take the division from them, with a healthy Brady, Belichick will retire. It is most likely wishful thinking on my part, but I do truly believe it.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    I truly believe that if Miami can take the division from them, with a healthy Brady, Belichick will retire.
    And if I pitch a perfect game in the World Series, then Nike will give me a 500 million dollar endorsement contract.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread is a laughable joke. I'd expect it from Jets fans and ESPN fools.
    Patriots will be back in the AFC Championship this year.

Wasn't the first off season wishful thinkers have predicted our demise. Won't be the last.
    Now watch us win a Superbowl.
    Quote Quote