Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Patriots imploding?

1. -51
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It makes me cringe when so many of my fellow Fins fans get happy at the thought of beating a crippled Patriots team. I fully understand wanting to catch some breaks in this division, but I am a lot more interested in seeing how Ryan Tannehill takes the next step. I don't care how old Brady is, and I don't want to hear how depleted that team has become. I want the Dolphins to thoroughly stomp a mudhole up there in New England this year on their way to showing the Patriots who the new king of the roost is.

All that said, I'm glad to know that it could be a little easier for the Dolphins this year. They need to gel and understand their parts on offense and defense for this team to be truly formidable. We may have an excellent shot at the playoffs this year, but do not make the mistake of believing this is Miami's best shot to take the AFCE. Seriously? This team is going to be even better next year when more of our players are entering their third and fourth seasons (think Ryan Tannehill with more experience). If Tannehill rounds the corner as a 2nd tier or even top tier QB, then I will want to see Tom Brady try to answer that. It'll make for one hell of a matchup that I wouldn't dare miss.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Things are cyclical. The Niners (dynasty started w/ B Walsh) fell and are just starting to rise again.

The Pats knew he had psychological issues and took a chance. When you play w/ fire, you eventually get burned.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I have always had the stance of "they have Brady, they are fine".

I think this will hurt their mindset, and I think they are slowing down, but they are still a threat.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Things are cyclical. The Niners (dynasty started w/ B Walsh) fell and are just starting to rise again.

The Pats knew he had psychological issues and took a chance. When you play w/ fire, you eventually get burned.
    Really?
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We just need to make sure we handle our business vs the Patriots, which means beat them at home. The rest will take care of itself.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTank View Post
    It makes me cringe when so many of my fellow Fins fans get happy at the thought of beating a crippled Patriots team. I fully understand wanting to catch some breaks in this division, but I am a lot more interested in seeing how Ryan Tannehill takes the next step. I don't care how old Brady is, and I don't want to hear how depleted that team has become. I want the Dolphins to thoroughly stomp a mudhole up there in New England this year on their way to showing the Patriots who the new king of the roost is.

All that said, I'm glad to know that it could be a little easier for the Dolphins this year. They need to gel and understand their parts on offense and defense for this team to be truly formidable. We may have an excellent shot at the playoffs this year, but do not make the mistake of believing this is Miami's best shot to take the AFCE. Seriously? This team is going to be even better next year when more of our players are entering their third and fourth seasons (think Ryan Tannehill with more experience). If Tannehill rounds the corner as a 2nd tier or even top tier QB, then I will want to see Tom Brady try to answer that. It'll make for one hell of a matchup that I wouldn't dare miss.
    Excellent post......................... oh wow
    Last edited by rev kev; 06-27-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    kev, I think you botched the highlighting. You missed the end of the first sentence.

I think one can have both sentiments without it being contradictory, and I even tried to write that in such a way as to relate with those I was criticizing. I like this Dolphins team enough to believe we can take the Patriots without all their losses. There's work that has to be done to get there, but our team has the talent that is has sorely lacked for so long.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    For what it's worth, as much as I'd love to beat up a fully stocked Pats team, take it where you can get it. All we have to do is get to the playoffs, anything is possible after that. That's what we should be rooting for, no matter how we get it, short of cheating.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTank View Post
    kev, I think you botched the highlighting. You missed the end of the first sentence.

I think one can have both sentiments without it being contradictory, and I even tried to write that in such a way as to relate with those I was criticizing. I like this Dolphins team enough to believe we can take the Patriots without all their losses. There's work that has to be done to get there, but our team has the talent that is has sorely lacked for so long.
    We have caught up with them -> After this past draft we drew pretty close to even, IMHO we are neck and neck with them even before the fiasco of Hernandez
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    We have caught up with them -> After this past draft we drew pretty close to even, IMHO we are neck and neck with them even before the fiasco of Hernandez
    Ι think we are almost there. I think the experience the youngsters will get, with another solid off-season, should get us past them next season.
    "I am NOT:
    1. having or showing a merry, lively mood | 2. bright or showy | 3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures"
    Quote Quote