Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar Kelly admits he once tried to shoot a man

1. -91
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    honestly? you don't think killing someone or shooting someone in self defense would change a person?
    So true even if justified or not it can be quite a burden to live with. Circumstances would have alot to do with it but ask any person who has ever been to war and had to kill people whether affects them or not.
    Then is the case of what happens to u legally as a person.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    for some reason i keep hearing that today, like 'i'm a professional', 'i'm a professional'. i'm getting sick of it.

Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by defiant View Post
    Killing a person didn't seem to change Hernandez. And the way Omar worded it was more about how his life would change, not how he would have.
    really? so I guess sending people who are paid to protect you and I to a councilor after they are forced to use their weapon is pretty much useless? and you truly think hernandez is compareable to everyone else that has ever had to use a gun? there is a huge difference between self defense and an planned execution.

Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    That is a good start, now admit Sanchez is garbage and we might be able to save you yet.

Ding...Ding...Ding
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Originally Posted by Hayden Fox
    I wonder what the limitations under the law we have here
    The statute of limitations for attempted murder in the state of Florida depends on the seriousness of the crime and how it is classified. A statute of limitations in criminal law means that prosecutors have a limited amount of time to file formal charges against a person. In Florida, if you are charged with attempted murder, this period is either three or four years, depending on the category of attempted murder that you are charged with. The time period for the statute of limitations for attempted murder can be extended under certain circumstances.
    Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_8637141_sta...#ixzz2XRnQLgvS
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is not really going to end up a big deal for a number of reasons. But I wish Omar hadn't have tweeted it. It's an unnecessary distraction for pretty much everyone.

Unlike a lot of folks, I'm not out to see anyone fired, their family and lives ruined, etc. You can read Omar if you like him and you can not read him if you don't. He's there to do a job, perhaps a job that entails things that people don't quite realize, and he actually does that job pretty well. The Sun Sentinel love him.

He said it was about survival. That doesn't mean it wasn't self-defense. And yeah even if you shot a man in self-defense, your life would be changed significantly and that seems to be what he was ruminating about.

Still...kind of dumb to say something like that on twitter. He should know better. I do think his absence from twitter since then was mandated from above.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why should I care?
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    This is not really going to end up a big deal for a number of reasons. But I wish Omar hadn't have tweeted it. It's an unnecessary distraction for pretty much everyone.

Unlike a lot of folks, I'm not out to see anyone fired, their family and lives ruined, etc. You can read Omar if you like him and you can not read him if you don't. He's there to do a job, perhaps a job that entails things that people don't quite realize, and he actually does that job pretty well. The Sun Sentinel love him.

He said it was about survival. That doesn't mean it wasn't self-defense. And yeah even if you shot a man in self-defense, your life would be changed significantly and that seems to be what he was ruminating about.

Still...kind of dumb to say something like that on twitter. He should know better. I do think his absence from twitter since then was mandated from above.

I dont know its kind its just a statement about his past. Not sure how it could have a truly negative affect on him or his job esp as generic as the statement was. It not like he said he was following some teenager around in the rain that escalated into him shooting him. What Im saying we dont know the context and as u said he said survival which could mean almost anything.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Omar's been shooting blanks since the age of 13...
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bullseye

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you guys don't like the truth.

Here's a bunch of truth - most objective folks would agree with... many of the sources a lot more credible than Omar. It also includes for perspective the opinion of an all star receiver who understands the difference between a good QB and a slug better than most. Aside from unworthy gifting into the 09 post season by a team whose starters proved it in spades a few games later, here' another tasty reality serving: It's the truth - recognized by most everyone with the possible exception of fanboys and superfans

Quote Quote