Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: WVDolphan's Get Real - "The Patriot Way" is a total crock.

1. -11
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Patriot way is the league, with Kraft's encouragement and "support" having the refs put a petticoat on Thomasina and insulate him with an invisible fence. The League way is to destroy egregious evidence of cheating before the media can discover just how widespread it went - while penalizing the Cheatriots with in perspective to the crime, was little more than a slap on the wrist

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    While it is important to remember that of all things that have come of this Aaron Hernandez story is the fact a young man had his life taken at the hands of this scumbag..
    In America, people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Didn't win it all before video-taping, haven't done it since. imo, cheating was the patriot way. I just hope the Dolphins put them down for good this year
    Your old coach said he did and you couldn't win, which is worse? If people want to pretend like NE was the only team doing that stuff go ahead but pre scandal they won 3 SBs w/ 2 in the final minute, post they lost 2 SBs w/ both in the last minute. We need to stop whining about them cheating, they earned all the success they achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Ugh, easily one of the worst calls ever. I always felt it was more against the Raiders and Al Davis than for the patriots, though. Either way, glad that BS rule is gone
    One of the worst rules, the call itself was unfortunately correct.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Your old coach said he did and you couldn't win, which is worse? If people want to pretend like NE was the only team doing that stuff go ahead but pre scandal they won 3 SBs w/ 2 in the final minute, post they lost 2 SBs w/ both in the last minute. We need to stop whining about them cheating, they earned all the success they achieved.

One of the worst rules, the call itself was unfortunately correct.
    Yea i find it silly to take away all their success because they were caught doing something that Im pretty damn sure many teams have done. Even after they were caught they still are in contention to be the best every year. I think its just sour grapes because of course fans of other teams esp ones that havent had much success want to excuse away another teams success. Even your jets success from a couple of years ago is some how portrayed as not deserving to get into playoffs by some. Now if that season u had slid into playoffs and then got blown out 24-0 then maybe I could buy into that but that team almost went to the superbowl.
    Hell my own dolphins tampered with Shula to hire him and won two superbowls because of it. Imagine if the NFL had a real rule against tampering like if they find u tampered to hire a coach then the contract is voided.
    NE broke a damn rule and were given penalties for it, not many of right mind think the only reason NE is good is because they video taped defensive play hand signals because still many years after they are still successful. I hate NE success paired with our recent ineptitude of 4 straight losing seasons but NE is a well run organization and thats the reason for their success. Maybe if we were not so stupid in 96 we would have hired Belichek as our DC and who knows what would have happened.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We used to have a dolphin way well until Robbie got cheap and let 3 of our top players leave because he was lowballing them and then Shula forgot how to draft and although was still a great coach.
    Now currently our dolphin way has been losing and not contending for championships. Hope Philben is the guy to change that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    in the near future it will be referred to as " the Philbin way " .. hopefully
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    in the near future it will be referred it as " the Philbin way " .. hopefully
    Heres to that although I dont have alot of faith in it esp with Ireland's overall job he has done as GM. Hopefully he made the right moves this year , only this year will tell if we are heading in right direction
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    hoboken, nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do believe Kraft had some inside info.

I also imagine feds said to be hands off and do not do anything ( such as release him ) until charges are filed. It would increase flight risk if Pats did something as a pre-emptive measure.They also essentially kicked him out of their facilities.

I'll be interested how the guarenteed money trial to Hernandez takes shape. I believe the Pats will fight for every penny.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Serves the pats right, The Pats were cocky and arrogant drafting him and now they have a cocky and arrogant ex-player who killed one or more human beings.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The "Patriot's Way" is a media concoction based on lies, cheating and New England's location near Bristol, CT (Home of ESPN), and also the hometown of the Murderer (Aaron Hernandez).
    Quote Quote