Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
@phins_4_ever - please stop trying to use the term Republican and/or Libertarian as a pejorative because it only magnifies your small mindedness.

So let's examine the bill on its face. The bill would place a ban on abortions after 20 weeks and would have led to the shutdown after multiple clinics (per the NY Times). So you are telling me that in a four month period that women cannot make up their minds as to whether they want or don't want to have the kid.

Let's see, one has unprotected sex, gets knocked up, refuses to take a morning after pill and continues to debate over a whole trimester whether or not to go through with having an abortion. As far as I am concerned, you might as well see it through. If you can't afford to raise the kid for whatever financial reasons, why not give it up for adoption at that point. I know there are plenty of gay couples that would love to raise that child as their own and turn the kid into yet another progressive voter. You would be denying them of the family they never had, and you wouldn't want that right?

Seriously though, at which point does the mom no longer get to decide she wants to terminate the process? Should it be when she's actually giving birth? Maybe such women can make judgment calls like cats and kill their defective offspring. I mean at some point you do have to draw a line in the sand, and while I am not a religious guy and feel that abortion is sometimes merited, it shouldn't be used as birth control. Three months is enough time to make the decision, otherwise if you are struggling with the decision any longer than that, you may have regrets about having the abortion anyway.

As for the shutdown of multiple clinics, the government doesn't need to be funding this stuff with what seems to be a never ending supply of tax payer money. If pregnant women want to pay (with money or via insurance) for their mistake fine, but taxpayers shouldn't be penalized for such indiscretions.

In summary, Wendy Davis was full of hot air, 11 hours of it actually, and she was as much of a "hero" as a meatball sandwich.
I had a meatball sandwich for dinner tonight. I made the meatballs and the sauce from scratch, bought a fresh bun and topped it with three different kinds of cheese.

It was unbelievably good. Few people who've ever lived were as heroic as that sandwich.