Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wendy Davis - a hero not mentioned in the PoFo

1. -31
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    @phins_4_ever - please stop trying to use the term Republican and/or Libertarian as a pejorative because it only magnifies your small mindedness.

So let's examine the bill on its face. The bill would place a ban on abortions after 20 weeks and would have led to the shutdown after multiple clinics (per the NY Times). So you are telling me that in a four month period that women cannot make up their minds as to whether they want or don't want to have the kid.

Let's see, one has unprotected sex, gets knocked up, refuses to take a morning after pill and continues to debate over a whole trimester whether or not to go through with having an abortion. As far as I am concerned, you might as well see it through. If you can't afford to raise the kid for whatever financial reasons, why not give it up for adoption at that point. I know there are plenty of gay couples that would love to raise that child as their own and turn the kid into yet another progressive voter. You would be denying them of the family they never had, and you wouldn't want that right?

Seriously though, at which point does the mom no longer get to decide she wants to terminate the process? Should it be when she's actually giving birth? Maybe such women can make judgment calls like cats and kill their defective offspring. I mean at some point you do have to draw a line in the sand, and while I am not a religious guy and feel that abortion is sometimes merited, it shouldn't be used as birth control. Three months is enough time to make the decision, otherwise if you are struggling with the decision any longer than that, you may have regrets about having the abortion anyway.

As for the shutdown of multiple clinics, the government doesn't need to be funding this stuff with what seems to be a never ending supply of tax payer money. If pregnant women want to pay (with money or via insurance) for their mistake fine, but taxpayers shouldn't be penalized for such indiscretions.

In summary, Wendy Davis was full of hot air, 11 hours of it actually, and she was as much of a "hero" as a meatball sandwich.
    I had a meatball sandwich for dinner tonight. I made the meatballs and the sauce from scratch, bought a fresh bun and topped it with three different kinds of cheese.

It was unbelievably good. Few people who've ever lived were as heroic as that sandwich.
    I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I had a meatball sandwich for dinner tonight. I made the meatballs and the sauce from scratch, bought a fresh bun and topped it with three different kinds of cheese.

It was unbelievably good. Few people who've ever lived were as heroic as that sandwich.
    I had tacos. They sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Lol @ dude-on-dude debates about abortion
    We really don't debate 'abortion' just the simple right of a woman to choose. I think you as a 'free thinking person' would understand that.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I had tacos. They sucked.
    That's because I didn't make them.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video