Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Wendy Davis - a hero not mentioned in the PoFo

  1. -11
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,343
    vCash:
    22933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Aquaman is a hero....he can talk to fish.
    So is Robert Redford. He talks to horses.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    "You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,637
    vCash:
    12549
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I am bemoaning the Republican filibusters in Washington DC all the time. But the reason is: it is over nearly anything and everything and none of them ever has to complete the filibuster but rather using the silent filibuster (just the threat).

    If you think the Democratic Party is dead that is cool by me. I am personally not very fond of the Democratic Party but to call a party dead after they retained the majority in the Senate, chipped away seats in the House and put a Democratic President into the WH is overreaching. But if you call them dead you have to call the Republican Party decomposed.

    But of course you are probably an 'independent' and a 'libertarian' as this has become the new 'self-proclaimed in-designation' for Republican voters.
    He did specify that it was the Democratic Party of Texas. Also, let's not act like the Democrats don't use the same filibuster tacitcs when it suits them.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Congrats to her. Many more baby's will be killed because of her.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,343
    vCash:
    22933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    He did specify that it was the Democratic Party of Texas. Also, let's not act like the Democrats don't use the same filibuster tacitcs when it suits them.
    You are right. Didn't see that little attachment in parenthesis. Yeah, she may just breath some life into the Democratic Party IN TX.

    Sure Democrats use filibusters too. But it is an uncontested fact that since 2006 when the Democrats took the majority in the Senate we had a record number of 'filibusters'. It is a sign of time when a Politician filibusters his own bill (as it was written). And no Reid doesn't count as it was not his bill in 2011. Though conservative talking heads like for you to believe that.

    ---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Congrats to her. Many more baby's will be killed because of her.
    Spoken like a true Libertarian who wants smaller government and personal responsibility and liberty.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    You are right. Didn't see that little attachment in parenthesis. Yeah, she may just breath some life into the Democratic Party IN TX.

    Sure Democrats use filibusters too. But it is an uncontested fact that since 2006 when the Democrats took the majority in the Senate we had a record number of 'filibusters'. It is a sign of time when a Politician filibusters his own bill (as it was written). And no Reid doesn't count as it was not his bill in 2011. Though conservative talking heads like for you to believe that.

    ---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------



    Spoken like a true Libertarian who wants smaller government and personal responsibility and liberty.
    Lol. You are always on my dick, it's really great. I'm all for legal abortion. However, that doesn't excuse the fact that morally anyone that has one is a terrible human being. You and other feminist make it sound empowering, it's sad
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,842
    vCash:
    5192
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    He did specify that it was the Democratic Party of Texas. Also, let's not act like the Democrats don't use the same filibuster tacitcs when it suits them.
    Come on man. You can't say the Democrats use the filibuster the same way the Republicans have under Obama. That may change in the future, but it's this latest House that has taken the filibuster and used it as a condom to **** Obama up the ass with...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,343
    vCash:
    22933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Lol. You are always on my dick, it's really great. I'm all for legal abortion. However, that doesn't excuse the fact that morally anyone that has one is a terrible human being. You and other feminist make it sound empowering, it's sad
    Subjective.

    Personal liberty and responsibility. The Libertarian way.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,637
    vCash:
    12549
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Come on man. You can't say the Democrats use the filibuster the same way the Republicans have under Obama. That may change in the future, but it's this latest House that has taken the filibuster and used it as a condom to **** Obama up the ass with...
    And the Democarats filibustered half of the people Bush tried to appoint to any position, which was unprecedented at the time. You guys know that I'm no fan of either party here, but lets not act like both "sides" aren't using the same tactics against each other.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Subjective.

    Personal liberty and responsibility. The Libertarian way.
    Do babies deserve the same liberty you speak of? Abortion being legal is important. People using it as a political issue and being wreckless about the ease of access is immoral. People can agree on the principal on allowing abortions but not agree with the morality of it. I'm sorry if your brain cells can't comprehend this notion.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,343
    vCash:
    22933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Do babies deserve the same liberty you speak of? Abortion being legal is important. People using it as a political issue and being wreckless about the ease of access is immoral. People can agree on the principal on allowing abortions but not agree with the morality of it. I'm sorry if your brain cells can't comprehend this notion.
    You say babies. Define baby.

    You are so full of it Mr Libertarian. You are a typical Republican. Small government when it doesn't fit your political ideas and big government when it supports your 'moral', religious and political views.

    Stop using the word 'moral'. What you may deem moral may not agree with other people's moral standards. Moral has nothing to do with law. Its a standard each person has to set for themselves. It is subjective. It is offending that you view others immoral if they do not confirm to your moral standards.

    This is so not Libertarian.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Wendy Valdez
    By lurking in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 10:03 AM
  2. wendy braga "fun with wendy" 2.2.10
    By dreday in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 04:14 PM
  3. wendy combattente aka wendy fiore
    By RiderOnTheStorm in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2010, 04:45 AM
  4. Wendy Kennedy
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 06:30 PM
  5. Wendy June
    By Pagan in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 11:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •