Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wendy Davis - a hero not mentioned in the PoFo

1. -21
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Wendy Davis - a hero not mentioned in the PoFo

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Aquaman is a hero....he can talk to fish.
    Oh ****. That is too funny. And so random.

Never goto the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    You say babies. Define baby.

You are so full of it Mr Libertarian. You are a typical Republican. Small government when it doesn't fit your political ideas and big government when it supports your 'moral', religious and political views.

Stop using the word 'moral'. What you may deem moral may not agree with other people's moral standards. Moral has nothing to do with law. Its a standard each person has to set for themselves. It is subjective. It is offending that you view others immoral if they do not confirm to your moral standards.

This is so not Libertarian.
    You sure are a moody little feminist. Please list some of my big government views.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    You sure are a moody little feminist. Please list some of my big government views.
    That's all you got? Trying to draw me into a little pissing match? Weak. Very weak.

Big government? Heck why not take this thread: anti-abortion legislation. There is one for you. With every legislation comes oversight. With every oversight comes a new committee who does the overseeing. And with that additional government resources are being used. Thus big government. But of course if it fits your morals and political views it really is not big government.

And of course you haven't answer my question: what do you consider a baby?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Democratic state senator who is leading the fight against significant new restrictions on abortions in Texas said Gov. Rick Perry and other Republicans were hypocritical, claiming to support smaller government but actually trying to increase state intrusion in people's lives.

Wendy Davis, the lawmaker who single-handedly overcame and outlasted the Republican majority in the state senate last week, is preparing for another battle on Monday. Armed with her new-found fame in Democratic circles in Texas and across the nation, Davis vowed to fight even harder.

"He's awfully fond of talking the talk of small government," Davis told ABC's "This Week," escalating an intense quarrel with Perry. "But this [anti-abortion legislation] is big government intrusion, there is no question about it."...

In an expansive interview about her life, the state of Texas politics and her future, Davis said she was heartened by the outpouring of support from women and Democrats, which catapulted her from local legislator to one of her party's prospective rising stars. Asked if she planned to run for governor in 2014, she smiled.
    http://news.yahoo.com/davis-chides-p...opstories.html

Well, this could get entertaining.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I am bemoaning the Republican filibusters in Washington DC all the time. But the reason is: it is over nearly anything and everything and none of them ever has to complete the filibuster but rather using the silent filibuster (just the threat).

If you think the Democratic Party is dead that is cool by me. I am personally not very fond of the Democratic Party but to call a party dead after they retained the majority in the Senate, chipped away seats in the House and put a Democratic President into the WH is overreaching. But if you call them dead you have to call the Republican Party decomposed.

But of course you are probably an 'independent' and a 'libertarian' as this has become the new 'self-proclaimed in-designation' for Republican voters.
    I am independent, formerly republican, but I would say I swing more towards progressive these days than anything else.

Clearly you misinterpreted my post. Thanks to those above clarifying it for you.
    Texas swung massively towards republicans during the time of Tom Delay when he funneled massive amounts of corporate money into local elections then used the huge advantage to gerrymander the democrats away.

I did find it ironic though how this was being championed. I realize it is a publicity stunt by the democrats. An effort to revive their party in Texas and to push up a new role model in a red state.
    The fact is though this battle was lost long ago and all Mrs. Davis did was delay reality for a couple of months.

FWIW I am strongly Pro-Choice.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Lol @ dude-on-dude debates about abortion
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A fetus has a brain, beating heart, and eyes and ears at week 12. It is a human being.
    The concept that women can murder an innocent human life after week 12 is just barbaric. The baby is not a parasite, it becomes an obligation.
    I am not impressed with Wendy Davis. If this is the crowning achievement in her life, what a sad life story.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    One can only imagine how a man would react if he heard women debating how and where he was supposed to distribute his semen.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    cmon man who are better experts on the subject then a bunch of dudes posting on a football forum?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @phins_4_ever - please stop trying to use the term Republican and/or Libertarian as a pejorative because it only magnifies your small mindedness.

So let's examine the bill on its face. The bill would place a ban on abortions after 20 weeks and would have led to the shutdown after multiple clinics (per the NY Times). So you are telling me that in a four month period that women cannot make up their minds as to whether they want or don't want to have the kid.

Let's see, one has unprotected sex, gets knocked up, refuses to take a morning after pill and continues to debate over a whole trimester whether or not to go through with having an abortion. As far as I am concerned, you might as well see it through. If you can't afford to raise the kid for whatever financial reasons, why not give it up for adoption at that point. I know there are plenty of gay couples that would love to raise that child as their own and turn the kid into yet another progressive voter. You would be denying them of the family they never had, and you wouldn't want that right?

Seriously though, at which point does the mom no longer get to decide she wants to terminate the process? Should it be when she's actually giving birth? Maybe such women can make judgment calls like cats and kill their defective offspring. I mean at some point you do have to draw a line in the sand, and while I am not a religious guy and feel that abortion is sometimes merited, it shouldn't be used as birth control. Three months is enough time to make the decision, otherwise if you are struggling with the decision any longer than that, you may have regrets about having the abortion anyway.

As for the shutdown of multiple clinics, the government doesn't need to be funding this stuff with what seems to be a never ending supply of tax payer money. If pregnant women want to pay (with money or via insurance) for their mistake fine, but taxpayers shouldn't be penalized for such indiscretions.

In summary, Wendy Davis was full of hot air, 11 hours of it actually, and she was as much of a "hero" as a meatball sandwich.
    Quote Quote