Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA free agency and offseason thread

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    I know. I'm hoping for the 6th-7th worst record since the pick is top 5 protected. If Iggy goes there, he would definitely help that team, possibly make it a playoff team.

Not a believer in Brooklyn? I'm not, but I was curious as to what your take is on them after their big trade.
    i'd believe more in brooklyn if pierce and kg could come off the bench...kg i just don't know how much that poor guys got left...he leaves it all on the floor everytime he's out there...pierce would be a nasty off the bench scorer but i don't know that his ego or brooklyns roster will allow it...

jason terry fell on his face in boston this year...talk about a guy i expected more from...age has just caught up with these 3 players...i think they'll beat the knicks if they match up in the postseason but they won't beat the heat or the pacers...

i didn't know that pick you guys got was top 5 pick protected...that changes things... i didn't think you should get noel and an unprotected likely lotto pick for that price...makes more sense now...although hell i might have traded jrue for noel straight up... if i got a choice b/t a big and a scoring guard i'm going with the potential of the big every time...provided the guys worth it and i think noel is...

now our pick olynck or whatever his name is i was hoping like hell we wouldn't take that softy from that soft conference...hate it

i think brooklyns issue will be the defensive boards...especially if/when they match up with a say indiana for instance in the postseason...depends on the matchup but i see em out by the 2nd round...and that's if all those aging vets can stay healthy which is a big if
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brooklyn is gonna have a real tough time. A slow team that doesn't rebound and has a bunch of guys that like to take low percentage shots in the half court......I don't see that one ending well.

If Riley can snag Oden and hes able to come in and play 15 minutes a game somewhere close to the level he was playing in Portland this Heat team would be scary good. I've got no faith in his ability to stay upright though.

Other than that this offseason should be extraordinarily uneventful for Heat fans. Summer league should at least be fun and there are some really talented guys to root for to make that last roster spot. Kabongo was an elite PG prospect, DJ Stephens is an incredible athlete, and the kid they drafted, Ennis, has the makings of a Leonard/Danny Green type player if he can put it all together.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Spurs offer 4 yrs 36 mil for Splitter??

What being 7 feet tall and being able to run a couple miles a day without injuring yourself can get you in this world....
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    given you have their 2014 pick you better hope iggy doesn't end up there...he's not a first or 2nd option but he's a solid 3rd one on a playoff team...new orleans has some pieces...iggy would help that team

if i'm the heat i sign oden in a heartbeat...if he gives you anything given how cheap he will be it's stealing...easy decision...not that you wouldn't win another champ without much help...lebrons that damn good...

knicks are no threat to the heat...too finesse...only threat to the heat is indiana...they have no real answer for hibbert other than just throwing bodies at him...and he's learning how to play the game without fouling
    chicago is the biggest threat to the heat, and the heat know that.

lets not forget, the bulls have not had rose the past 2 postseasons, and assuming rose comes back fully healthy, which ill give him the benefit of the doubt considering how young he is and how much time off hes had to heal, that alone makes the bulls better than the pacers. rose is that good.

not saying the bulls would beat the heat for sure, although i do believe they can. the bulls are really really good when healthy.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In what world does Martell Webster get a 4 yr/ $22 million deal?

Please, someone enlighten me.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Trade Three team trade sends Redick to Clippers, Bledsoe to Suns, picks to Bucks

The Clippers, Suns and Bucks have put together a three-team trade that will send J.J. Redick and Jared Dudley to the Clippers, Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler to the Suns, and the Bucks get two second round picks, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...icks-to-bucks/

Good trade for the Clippers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now all the Clips need is someone who can play defense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Don't know if there are any realgm posters here besides electrolyte but this was awesome

On the general board someone started a thread saying "Kobe starts shooting again". The response by a poster

Quote Originally Posted by tidho
    It would be news if he started passing.
    Brilliant.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Anyhoo. In Philly the past few days on business so I was listening to the fanatic and it seems the vast majority are in favor of the sixers trade
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Don't know if there are any realgm posters here besides electrolyte but this was awesome

On the general board someone started a thread saying "Kobe starts shooting again". The response by a poster

Brilliant.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Anyhoo. In Philly the past few days on business so I was listening to the fanatic and it seems the vast majority are in favor of the sixers trade
    People definitely have supported the trade. At first, we were all in shock, but later we realized what was actually going on. They knew that they would be stuck in mediocrity for even longer if they kept the roster they had. So, the change was welcomed here.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    I think most of us have been wanting the Sixers to tank for a good while now. A draft containing Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, and Julius Randle is as good a time as any to start doing it.
    Quote Quote