Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: 2013 NBA free agency and offseason thread

  1. -21
    Mike13's Avatar
    You could have had free beer, for shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    19,184
    vCash:
    5685
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is being rumored that the Heat are intrested in Bynum. Who I would like better than Oden, assuming they found an arthritis cure.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

    ...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Ferretsquig's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    7,433
    vCash:
    1504
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm sure the Heat would love to have Bynum come down here and play for the minimum......my guess is that Bynum is thinking of being paid a tad bit more.

    Riley will make his pitch to Oden. If the 40 yr old wants to go somewhere else he'll probably fill the last couple roster spots with youngsters.....cheap labor that if need be can be replaced by some vet getting bought out mid-season.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,399
    vCash:
    26693
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    chicago is the biggest threat to the heat, and the heat know that.

    lets not forget, the bulls have not had rose the past 2 postseasons, and assuming rose comes back fully healthy, which ill give him the benefit of the doubt considering how young he is and how much time off hes had to heal, that alone makes the bulls better than the pacers. rose is that good.

    not saying the bulls would beat the heat for sure, although i do believe they can. the bulls are really really good when healthy.
    we'll just agree to disagree...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,823
    vCash:
    5875
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Not to be super heat homer(well maybe a little) but if miami stays healthy they should roll thru the east easily. Against Indy we played awful. Battier and Allen couldn't hit a shot to save their lives and wade was playing on one leg. On the other hand hibbert was playing like Moses Malone, indy was playing their best ball of the year and the heat still won. I know indys defense is good but not that good. During our 27 game win streak, wade was arguably the 2nd best player in the nba behind Lebron. He got hurt and he went from a top 5 player to a middling player.
    If he was healthy we probably win in 5.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,399
    vCash:
    26693
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Not to be super heat homer(well maybe a little) but if miami stays healthy they should roll thru the east easily. Against Indy we played awful. Battier and Allen couldn't hit a shot to save their lives and wade was playing on one leg. On the other hand hibbert was playing like Moses Malone, indy was playing their best ball of the year and the heat still won. I know indys defense is good but not that good. During our 27 game win streak, wade was arguably the 2nd best player in the nba behind Lebron. He got hurt and he went from a top 5 player to a middling player.
    If he was healthy we probably win in 5.
    i think you underestimate the pacers given how physical they play and hibbert has learned how to play defense without fouling...but if wades healthy then things are different sure...but the spurs aren't a physical team i don't know why people think they are the pacers beat on the heat pretty good and i think it wore on some of the guys...not lebron but some of the others...and bosh can't defend hibbert...

    still no doubt in my mind heat are the favorites next year too...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,209
    vCash:
    2339
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    we'll just agree to disagree...
    thats alright, i just believe so many people now, with obviously the heat winning back to back, the pacers having that big playoff run, with george having his coming out party and taking the heat to 7 games, and with all the moves the nets have made, i feel people are just totally forgetting about the bulls.

    this bulls team when rose was healthy had the best record in the nba in back to back seasons, winning 60 plus games in roses mvp season 2010-2011, followed by 50 wins in a 66 game lockout shortened season.

    this bulls team also played the heat pretty physical this past postseason, with a lottery team type lineup (ok maybe i am pushing it a bit but an extemely banged up team without rose, deng, and hinrich,) and if healthy, they still imo are at worst the 2nd best team in the east, or dare i say the league.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,823
    vCash:
    5875
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the bulls get the one seed. Not saying they are better than the heat but thibs pushes his team harder in the regular season than any other coach. Heat will coast much of the regular season and the bulls play every game like its a game seven. Whether this helps is team or wears them out come playoff time is another story.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,209
    vCash:
    2339
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the bulls get the one seed. Not saying they are better than the heat but thibs pushes his team harder in the regular season than any other coach. Heat will coast much of the regular season and the bulls play every game like its a game seven. Whether this helps is team or wears them out come playoff time is another story.
    i really hope we get to see heat bulls in playoffs with both teams healthy, because that would be truly a great series to watch.

    the bulls are the only team i really think can beat the heat in the east. also having 2 of the top 3 players in the nba on the same court in a series is always fun ( yes derrick rose is a top 3 player when healthy, if u want to say durant its debatable because they are different players, but even so, top 3 at worst, and yes he is better than paul)


    we have been robbed the past 2 seasons of that match up, lets hope we get it this up coming season.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Harry_Bagpipe's Avatar
    Archibald Meatpants

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,823
    vCash:
    5875
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    i really hope we get to see heat bulls in playoffs with both teams healthy, because that would be truly a great series to watch.

    the bulls are the only team i really think can beat the heat in the east. also having 2 of the top 3 players in the nba on the same court in a series is always fun ( yes derrick rose is a top 3 player when healthy, if u want to say durant its debatable because they are different players, but even so, top 3 at worst, and yes he is better than paul)


    we have been robbed the past 2 seasons of that match up, lets hope we get it this up coming season.
    Well to be honest, we did see the matchup in 2011
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,209
    vCash:
    2339
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Well to be honest, we did see the matchup in 2011
    yes i understand, but the bulls team has improved since then.

    i still cant believe the bulls lost that series. they dominated game 1, and they had game 2 in hand until they choked in the 4th quarter. that was the year to beat the heat. after chicago choked away game 2, chicago was not the same.

    although, all games were very tight, physical games.

    it just sucks how the bulls have not been healthy the last 2 seasons, miami chicago had a chance to be a great playoff rivalry. i guess it still can, but who knows what miami will look like after next season.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Bargains and busts in 2013 NFL free agency
    By fishfanmiami in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 12:32 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM
  3. 2013 Free Agency Tracker
    By Southbeach 2 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •