Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: Jaws ranks Tanny #24

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    TealAttack13's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    1,538
    vCash:
    4444
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

    Player Jaws ranks Tanny #24

    Ron Jaworski has been doing Dailey QB rankings, and today he ranked Ryan Tannehill #24.

    He says he expects an improvement in year 2, given a better receiving corp. he said one positive trait Tanny showed in year 1 was the ability to re-adjust in the pocket while under pressure. What he will need to improve on is keeping the secondary in mind while focussing on his receivers (what I could decifer from closed caption, no sound on TV at work). He says expect a big year and improvements in year 2.

    Will post a video as soon as its available.

    Hopefully Tanny can crack the top 10 next year.
    Last edited by TealAttack13; 07-04-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Al13's Avatar
    Dont mess with Clint

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    4,958
    vCash:
    2175
    Loc:
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that would suck if he only would be 24th best QB in the league
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    DKphin's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    6,930
    vCash:
    10962
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Al13 View Post
    that would suck if he only would be 24th best QB in the league
    Same here. 24th sucks
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,951
    vCash:
    30529
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ahhh damn...i thought he'd have him higher after reviewing his tape...and i take issue with all this tannehill only went thry one read stuff...well if his primary read was hartline and the coverage and what he saw dictated it from the snap of course he went there...

    oh well jaws...be ready to eat that ranking after this year...ha ha
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,425
    vCash:
    22443
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    ahhh damn...i thought he'd have him higher after reviewing his tape...and i take issue with all this tannehill only went thry one read stuff...well if his primary read was hartline and the coverage and what he saw dictated it from the snap of course he went there...

    oh well jaws...be ready to eat that ranking after this year...ha ha
    I think it is mostly based on last year not what he expects this year.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,951
    vCash:
    30529
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think it is mostly based on last year not what he expects this year.
    maybe...but you'd be damn surprised just how small my list of qbs i'd trade tannehill for is...and jaws should be able to see on tape just how high this kids ceiling is and how smart he plays the game...

    miami feels a whole lot better about it's qb position going forward than probably more than half the league...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,425
    vCash:
    22443
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    maybe...but you'd be damn surprised just how small my list of qbs i'd trade tannehill for is...and jaws should be able to see on tape just how high this kids ceiling is and how smart he plays the game...

    miami feels a whole lot better about it's qb position going forward than probably more than half the league...
    That list I am sure is based a lot on potential vs. age/potential in coming years of others but if we were ranking based on last year he'd be pretty low. As a Jet fan I hope he sucks, for you guys I hope he does well. You guys deserve a winner. I don't want to see it but I'd be happy for the good fans here.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,951
    vCash:
    30529
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That list I am sure is based a lot on potential vs. age/potential in coming years of others but if we were ranking based on last year he'd be pretty low. As a Jet fan I hope he sucks, for you guys I hope he does well. You guys deserve a winner. I don't want to see it but I'd be happy for the good fans here.
    absolutely it is...it should be...i see the upside i see the talent...i see the move athlete...i see that the kid is not part of some gimmick offense or who's game is based around contact like certain other qb flavors of the month...

    i see how smart he is recognition wise i see him set up his protections and recognize things like a 5 year vet...i see the growth...no reason to think over the next few years we will see plenty more growth...this kids a pup...and a damn talented one...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    number1fin's Avatar
    #onephin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,473
    vCash:
    633
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think it is mostly based on last year not what he expects this year.
    The ranking of Carson Palmer factored in his new #1 receiver and what they could possibly achieve this year together.

    Not that I'm specifically asking you because lol you're you and all, but why not take into account the new weapons to each QB's disposal on that list?

    I mean, Mike Wallace's impact on the Dolphins could arguably be bigger than Carson Palmer's on the Cardinals, who will most likey be running for his life by his second offensive series of his first preseason game just like every other recent QB who's been there and will eventually continue on his path of being the professional journeyman that he is by next season anyways.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Oronde's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2013
    Posts:
    262
    vCash:
    1860
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    The ranking of Carson Palmer factored in his new #1 receiver and what they could possibly achieve this year together.

    Not that I'm specifically asking you because lol you're you and all, but why not take into account the new weapons to each QB's disposal on that list?

    I mean, Mike Wallace's impact on the Dolphins could arguably be bigger than Carson Palmer's on the Cardinals, who will most likey be running for his life by his second offensive series of his first preseason game just like every other recent QB who's been there and will eventually continue on his path of being the professional journeyman that he is by next season anyways.
    If we're moving QBs up in the rankings because they have a new receiver...we are going about this the wrong way, that's for sure,
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 08:37 PM
  2. Tanny --> Wallace, am I the only one?
    By zach attach in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 06:04 PM
  3. I know tanny is due for a really bad game..
    By fisi in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM
  4. Luck had at least 3 should be INT; Tanny had 0
    By RayStinkle in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM
  5. Tanny at WR?
    By flip in forum SPAM
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •