Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaws ranks Tanny #24

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    USC QB's are like Florida Gator Wide Receivers....good in college, but they blow in the NFL.
    So what's the deal with Percy Harvin? And Gaffney?

If anything, USC WRs are like UF QBs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Generous
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    didn't check out the article just read the postings. but if you want to go by last year then I hope luck wasn't ranked but a spot or two above tanne cause his qbr was barely above tannes. negative more ints than tds, but he did have the rushing tds....positives, was one yard shy of all time rookie passing yardage record for game. I give him probs for getting some of the rookie qb fins records for not a lot cause if marino would've started day 1, welllll...... no rookie qb in Miami history would prob surplant them. so yeah I can handle where jaws ranked him. REMEMBER this was a guy that was supposed to sit and learn. im sure than no qb on this list has had less professional or college starts than tanny.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jaws is a pretty good eval and I wouldn't discredit his list because of ranking tannehill 24th, I actually think it's deserved.... and Palmer 23rd is about right where he deserves to be. the only difference is that's about as high as he'll ever go...tanne was a rookie last year, and people expecting him to sniff top 15 on ANYONE's ranking before this season shouldn't hold their breath.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    That's fine. He was a rookie and had some growing pains last year, but he showed a lot of promise as well. I only see Tannehill getting better and moving up these experts' lists in the coming years. More experience...more weapons will only serve to continue his development this season and beyond.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    ahhh damn...i thought he'd have him higher after reviewing his tape...and i take issue with all this tannehill only went thry one read stuff...well if his primary read was hartline and the coverage and what he saw dictated it from the snap of course he went there...

oh well jaws...be ready to eat that ranking after this year...ha ha
    I don't think he's gonna have to eat it after the season cause he pretty much said he expects significant improvement for RT and a jump up the board
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

More Jaw on the Hill

Ryan Tannehill - QB - Dolphins

After studying Ryan Tannehill's 2012 game tapes, ESPN's Ron Jaworski expects Tannehill to make "significant improvement" and have a "big year" in 2013.

Jaws believes Tannehill "showed a lot of positive traits despite having very few weapons at his disposal," including the ability to "subtly move within the pocket to avoid pressure." Added Jaworski, "For a rookie, Tannehill was very good at throwing with bodies around him in what I call a muddied pocket. That's advanced NFL quarterbacking." Jaws conceded Tannehill must improve on third down, where he "had the worst rating of all starting quarterbacks, including seven of his 13 interceptions." Dolphins OC Mike Sherman is already on the record predicting Tannehill will be the NFL's most improved quarterback in 2013.

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

More Jaw on the Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Heinegrabber View Post
    Ryan Tannehill - QB - Dolphins

After studying Ryan Tannehill's 2012 game tapes, ESPN's Ron Jaworski expects Tannehill to make "significant improvement" and have a "big year" in 2013.

Jaws believes Tannehill "showed a lot of positive traits despite having very few weapons at his disposal," including the ability to "subtly move within the pocket to avoid pressure." Added Jaworski, "For a rookie, Tannehill was very good at throwing with bodies around him in what I call a muddied pocket. That's advanced NFL quarterbacking." Jaws conceded Tannehill must improve on third down, where he "had the worst rating of all starting quarterbacks, including seven of his 13 interceptions." Dolphins OC Mike Sherman is already on the record predicting Tannehill will be the NFL's most improved quarterback in 2013.
    A Polish quarterback analysis guru.

Interesting.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It says 2013 rankings...it may be off 2012 but it says 2013 so to me it should reflect what jaws expects in 2013...and if that is the case he shouldn't be behind Carson Palmer...

But we will let the season prove it...2 guys headed different directions
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I saw the piece and there's no queston Jaws qualified it to reflect past performance with limited offensive weapons. At the same time he made a point to add (and I'm paraphrasing here) that if RT17 continues to build on the positives he's demonstrated, and with the added offensive tools he now has, Ron has every expectation that Ryan will zoom up the list this time next season.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote