Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving Thanks/No Thanks!

1. -1
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Giving Thanks/No Thanks!

Happy 4th of July to the family. Please use this function with some thought and respect about the other family member on the other side. If you whole heartily agree or disagree then okay please use the function, but by all means please don't use it to be an butt head to someone else just because. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Instead of a No Thanks, how about debating the topic at hand. You may thank the other family member for some great debate in the end. Please remember we are all Dolphin fans here.

Thanks,

John

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    butt head

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th,thanks Finheaven and all involved running the best Dolphin forum for the best NFL team in the NFL.

Also thanks for the Thanks/No thanks option.It's actually entertaining on how it's used.Even though at times you scratch your head on how it's used.

A bazillion thumbs up thanks to everyone who's served this country to allow us to be the best county in the world.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So now we are supposed to explain every time we give someone a "no thanks" ?? That would take forever. The vast majority of "no thanks" given are pretty obvious. The thanks/no thanks, are a way to keep score of public perception. When there are two sides to an arguement "does Ireland suck, or is he doing a great job, for example, fans who get to the arguement late don't have time to disagree with every single statement. It is much easier to just give a thanks to the ones you agree with and a no thanks to the ones you think are dead wrong.

I guess if there is something that isn't cut and dried, they could use a reason, but they are few a far between. Most post are obvious as to why they are getting a response, IMO...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    So now we are supposed to explain every time we give someone a "no thanks" ?? That would take forever. The vast majority of "no thanks" given are pretty obvious. The thanks/no thanks, are a way to keep score of public perception. When there are two sides to an arguement "does Ireland suck, or is he doing a great job, for example, fans who get to the arguement late don't have time to disagree with every single statement. It is much easier to just give a thanks to the ones you agree with and a no thanks to the ones you think are dead wrong.

I guess if there is something that isn't cut and dried, they could use a reason, but they are few a far between. Most post are obvious as to why they are getting a response, IMO...
    Not at all what he's saying. He's simply saying don't go around stalking another poster giving him "No Thanks" on every post just to be a douchebag. You'd think that would be common sense on a forum made up mostly of adults rather than five year old girls, but alas...

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Giving Thanks/No Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Not at all what he's saying. He's simply saying don't go around stalking another poster giving him "No Thanks" on every post just to be a douchebag. You'd think that would be common sense on a forum made up mostly of adults rather than five year old girls, but alas...
    Thank you sir.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post

I gave a "no thanks" to this post because it's garbage.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I get pretty liberal with the "no thanks" button when I feel like I'm defending the Dolphins on a Dolphins fan site. Unfortunately, if I had one complaint of FH it would be that most topics seem to be dominated by haters, as they find themselves defending their stance on something till they are blue in the face. I know things haven't been roses for the last decade or so but geeze... gets to be a little much...

I live in Arizona. I have 0 Dolphins fans to talk to in person and I'm always defending my team to my football buddies who like to jab and give me ****, so I prefer not to do that here also. I like debate just as much as anyone else but the underlying tone should be one of optimism when more often than not it is pessimism.

Just my two cents and my defense as to why I use the "no thanks" button often.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    I get pretty liberal with the "no thanks" button when I feel like I'm defending the Dolphins on a Dolphins fan site. Unfortunately, if I had one complaint of FH it would be that most topics seem to be dominated by haters, as they find themselves defending their stance on something till they are blue in the face. I know things haven't been roses for the last decade or so but geeze... gets to be a little much...

I live in Arizona. I have 0 Dolphins fans to talk to in person and I'm always defending my team to my football buddies who like to jab and give me ****, so I prefer not to do that here also. I like debate just as much as anyone else but the underlying tone should be one of optimism when more often than not it is pessimism.

Just my two cents and my defense as to why I use the "no thanks" button often.
    I think you'd probably benefit from joining vip, pretty civil, level headed discussion in there.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    I actually appreciate a thumbs up or down when someone is referring to my post either in agreement or disagreement. Sometimes I don't realize someone has referred to something I said and that helps notify me.

The random hater thumbs down is weird though. I never understand how some people thumbs down a normally benign post without any reference to it. To me, if you say something that makes me want to thumbs you down Im going to dispute with you why I think it deserved that.

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote