Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Giving Thanks/No Thanks!

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honest question - So if I get hammered with a bunch of 'no thanks' what is the downside to me? I honestly don't understand the negative consequences to members who recieve "no thanks" votes / stalking. It's definitely not a nice thing to do. No question there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMts View Post
    Honest question - So if I get hammered with a bunch of 'no thanks' what is the downside to me? I honestly don't understand the negative consequences to members who recieve "no thanks" votes / stalking. It's definitely not a nice thing to do. No question there.
    there was a point in time where a "no thanks" earned you negative Rep. However seeing as who it was too easy to abuse the no thanks system and a PITA to remove the hundreds of no thanks any single poster could give in one day, I decided to make the "no thanks" a cosmetic feature only. for the most part very few people really abuse or misuse the system, So rather than punish the masses by removing it, I'm leaving it and removing access to it from certain users.

BTW there is no debate, the thanks/no thanks and rep systems will remain in place, as they do tend to be accurate, you make a good post, you'll get thanked, you make a thread with real effort involved, people will thank you, and you troll the forums, people will no thank you.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When I post something controversial i expect the "no thanks button" to be lit up like a Christmas tree -> and we already know there are stalkers out there

Try writing that JT was a one trick pony when he was drafted out of Akron, (because he was) that one was GOLD!!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just check mega-fin-love on my thanks/no thanks list. I think this is exactly what the original post was talking about.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not only can I not believe that the Thanks/No Thanks and negative rep buttons generate this much buzz but also how so many fans think they are being insulted/complimented by one of these buttons. What's worse is those few that stalk someone they dislike for one reason or another, think they are inflicting emotional damage to their target. To bad they don't realize how much credibility they lose.

I think initially this was a good idea but based on what I am seeing I would say that honest opinions may not be getting expressed for fear of a neg rep/no thanks or need of kissing ass to get an approval.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMts View Post
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Sure. I totally forgot about that discussion, while it appears you were biding your time waiting to bring it up again. Probably had it bookmarked.

Are you talking about pessimism before this offseason? Because if so, it was more than deserved because this team absolutely blew for the past decade, evidenced further by the fact that some hold the 2008 season as one of the greatest in not only Phins history, but probably NFL history. Sad really.

Now if you are talking about this offseason, bull****. It's been one of the most optimistic I've seen in a long time. You want a good barometer, read WV's threads now and last offseason vs this time every other year. Middle of the road my ass. You clearly want a bunch of male cheerleaders up in here. Not that kind of website. But thanks for telling other fans what they "need to be."

Don't forget to bookmark this one.
    Subscribed, yes. Bookmarked? Not to sure about that. I'm not involved in as many threads as you are. That combined with the fact that I have a fairly good memory means that I just happened to remember our debate. No big deal. You said your piece and I said mine. I moved on and so have you. I do have a question for you though. Did you see my post in the thread that was titled "Say Something Nice About Someone" or something to that effect? I chose you as my person........

Also, you clearly do not seem to be getting my point. No male cheerleaders required. Just true fans. IMO, that means a mentality that is more middle of the road & cautiously optimistic than pessimistic..... Oh and you're welcome!
    ~~~~~~~

The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

-Langston Hughes

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Wow, I must have really hit a nerve. Let's see if I can do it again!
    There are plenty of optimisim-only websites. Not sure why you're not on those ones. Try www.miamidolphins.com

Nothing wrong with "pessimists," especially considering they've been right for the past decade or so. The sky wasn't falling, it was already splattered all over the ground being stomped on by the rest of the league. Sorry you couldn't see the very obvious signs that lead to our mediocrity (at best) over that period.
    There's a not-so-fine line that was often crossed here, though. "Justified pessimism," or whatever it should be called, is one thing. Verbally attacking another for trying to be optimistic is quite another. I've seen quite a bit of the latter here. For a time, it almost seemed that it was perfectly okay for one to tell someone how to "be a fan" if they were too optimistic, but not to criticize another for posting negatively. It was a really weird vibe.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im all in with the No Thanks button as long as we can remove Anal Astronauts like NYJUNC from the board
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphanaholic View Post
    Im all in with the No Thanks button as long as we can remove Anal Astronauts like NYJUNC from the board
    yes let's remove one of our best contributors so we can keep non contributors like you
    Quote Quote