Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving Thanks/No Thanks!

1. -11
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus45 View Post
    I actually appreciate a thumbs up or down when someone is referring to my post either in agreement or disagreement. Sometimes I don't realize someone has referred to something I said and that helps notify me.

The random hater thumbs down is weird though. I never understand how some people thumbs down a normally benign post without any reference to it. To me, if you say something that makes me want to thumbs you down Im going to dispute with you why I think it deserved that.
    IMO that is how it's supposed to work. However, since there aren't any hard set rules about using any of the features we have available, It's like anything else, some people are bothered, others aren't, If you or anyone else thinks they are being harassed, then report the post, give us an explanation and we'll take it from there.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I think you'd probably benefit from joining vip, pretty civil, level headed discussion in there.
    Sold! Trying for a few months
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Another POV

Thumbs down should, IMO, be utilized when a member disagrees with a stated opinion of another; unfortunately it's too frequently used to voice disapproval of a news event that may not please everyone - especially those with an agenda. I alway SMH when our official "Newshound" posts timely news or professional level fin-centric insight which may be positive to the club and has nothing to do with his own opinion or sentiments, but nevertheless "earns" a thumbs down.

Personally I use the downturned thumb to editorially comment on consistently predictable posts or opinions from members who have routinely demonstrated a not so subtle single-minded agenda, negativity, or axes to grind. So far I have mostly withstood the urge to negatively rep, but frankly my resolve is wavering and an ultimate resulting "pink-out" sometimes appears justifiably welcome.
    Last edited by Vaark; 07-05-2013 at 01:45 PM.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    We don't have a problem with people using the "No Thanks" button, we wouldn't provided it if we did. The problem we have noticed and received complaints about are people abusing the system and giving "No Thanks" just because they don't like the poster. In fact, there have been a few times even I was targeted just because a certain person doesn't care for me for whatever reason. I once had a poster give me over 20 "No Thanks" in less than 10 minutes and this individual actually went back and "No Thanked" posts that were weeks old. Those are the kind of situations we are talking about that are unacceptable and really just childish.

If you don't agree with something a poster writes, click the "No Thanks" button. If you like what they posted click the "Thanks" button. But please act mature and don't stalk, harass or abuse the system. I myself use the "No Thanks" button, but I don't abuse it, and for every 6 "No Thanks" I give out, I give out 100 "Thanks".

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I hate it when I get no thanks because someone doesn't agree with my opinion on something menial. Do I really deserve a no thanks because I say tannehill could be as good as Brady? Like the no thanker actually knows for a fact that it could never happen. I get it for stupid posts about lets go grab Aaron Hernandez or tebow or something, but just because you disagree with someone should not hurt their overall Rep on this site. I mean what if life was like that? Where everyone's opinion on you weighed equally. Some bum off the streets could impact your life heavily with a few words. Stupid. There should only be no thanks on op's for posting stupid threads, not because you think that ellerbe is better than dansby.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    I don't mind getting a No Thanks for a controversial post but If the OP is just relaying information such as posting an article or Dolphin related video it seems inappropriate to shoot the messenger ... just ignore the post if it's not something you are interested in.

I don't think it's a big problem because the staff is usually on top of it if there is stalking involved. ( see slickrickpuppy )
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 07-05-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    So Cal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    So now we are supposed to explain every time we give someone a "no thanks" ?? That would take forever. The vast majority of "no thanks" given are pretty obvious. The thanks/no thanks, are a way to keep score of public perception. When there are two sides to an arguement "does Ireland suck, or is he doing a great job, for example, fans who get to the arguement late don't have time to disagree with every single statement. It is much easier to just give a thanks to the ones you agree with and a no thanks to the ones you think are dead wrong.

I guess if there is something that isn't cut and dried, they could use a reason, but they are few a far between. Most post are obvious as to why they are getting a response, IMO...
    Thanks for the no thanks. I never said explain it, I just said give it some more thought before using the features. Have a great day.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We care about how people use the thanks/no thanks button... Why?

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    We care about how people use the thanks/no thanks button... Why?

Because training camp hasn't started yet. Got to do something.

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    For me, a Miami Dolphins Forum is a place for discussion and debate on our team. That's the reason I'm here, and enjoy posting. The thanks/no thanks is kinda like the surveys used by ESPN, etc, and not a bad thing in that usage.

I remember putting up a very controversial thread a while back. I think Bill posted that it may have set a record for being the most disliked ever. Readers came out of the woodwork to join in, and add their dislike, not a bad thing, as they were doing more than reading.

Then, there are dislike"s on messengers, which was mentioned, and makes no sense at all. It's not a big deal IMO but, sometimes I would like to see a dislike turned into a post for discussion and debate, as opposed to clicking on a survey.

Again JMO
    Last edited by Southbeach 2; 07-05-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Quote