Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Giving Thanks/No Thanks!

  1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,608
    vCash:
    10056
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Not at all what he's saying. He's simply saying don't go around stalking another poster giving him "No Thanks" on every post just to be a douchebag. You'd think that would be common sense on a forum made up mostly of adults rather than five year old girls, but alas...
    Oh thanks, I misunderstood. I personally think those people are funny, but if there are some who don't like to see a bunch of "no thanks" on their ratings I totally understand. With the exception of nyjunc, I think everyone should be giving a warning for NOT giving him a "no thanks" for all his post.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,608
    vCash:
    10056
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    I gave a "no thanks" to this post because it's garbage.
    I gave a "no thanks" to this post because it's ignorant.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,608
    vCash:
    10056
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by maralieus View Post
    Yeah I hate it when I get no thanks because someone doesn't agree with my opinion on something menial. Do I really deserve a no thanks because I say tannehill could be as good as Brady? Like the no thanker actually knows for a fact that it could never happen. I get it for stupid posts about lets go grab Aaron Hernandez or tebow or something, but just because you disagree with someone should not hurt their overall Rep on this site. I mean what if life was like that? Where everyone's opinion on you weighed equally. Some bum off the streets could impact your life heavily with a few words. Stupid. There should only be no thanks on op's for posting stupid threads, not because you think that ellerbe is better than dansby.

    Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I get what you are saying but I have to admit I would be one of those giving a "no thanks" for someone saying RT is going to be as good as Brady. To me blind homerism brings down the IQ of the entire site. If I were to go to a Wake Forest site and they were several threads about them going to win the national championship, I would not think highly of that site. I want to be around those who can have an intelligent conversation, not a cheerleading site, where everyone thinks we are going to the superbowl every year.

    In my twisted way of thinking, a blind homer statement should only be made if you are willing to put money on it. If someones comes out and says we are going to the AFC Championship game, they should be willing to back it up with a friendly wager. If they aren't, they are lying to both you and themselves. If you think RT will end up being a better QB than Brady, we can lay out the criteria, and then open an account for 15/20 years from now. Is it POSSIBLE for him to be better, sure, just like it is POSSIBLE that Pat White to come back to the NFL and be the best QB in the history of the league, but I would consider it to be HIGHLY unlikely.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    psfign's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    1,528
    vCash:
    9035
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont give 'no thanks' unless the person is being a douche. i dont think you should give that for disagreeing
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    The Goat's Avatar
    Special Teams Lunatic

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    2,267
    vCash:
    6609
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    What I find to be the case is that I will at times look at an obnoxious post, then wonder if it was taken out of context, or if the person is having a bad day. So...I look at his or her other posts to check.

    Sometimes, it turns out that said poster is just a douchebag...so they end up getting a no thanks or two from me.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    greasyObnoxious's Avatar
    I love lamp

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    6,032
    vCash:
    1159
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    i've never used the "no thanks" option. if i disagree with an opinion, i can write a post portraying my point of view. no need to "no thank" someone for having a different opinion. there are some notorious posters though, who are worth neither a "no thanks" nor a reply. it's just not worth even the second it takes to click on the button.

    i use the "thanks" button mainly to show appreciation for a profound and well thought out post and to applaud the effort for providing good conversation.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,578
    vCash:
    17979
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Bullseye

    Quote Originally Posted by psfign View Post
    i dont give 'no thanks' unless the person is being a douche. i dont think you should give that for disagreeing

    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    ebozzz's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    2,213
    vCash:
    3151
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    I like debate just as much as anyone else but the underlying tone should be one of optimism when more often than not it is pessimism.
    Be forewarned. They have conducted polls that say otherwise. Ask Gonzo....
    ~~~~~~~

    The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

    -Langston Hughes






    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    CalDolFan1014's Avatar
    BELIEVE

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    13,334
    vCash:
    74767
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Man, something is just weird about guy. About a year ago he went on a No Thank-ing spree on some of my older posts from even 2+ years ago for no reason...at least 50 of them. I called it to the attention of the staff and since then he hasn't posted a thing on these boards. Since his last post on these boards, I've gotten at least 80 No Thanks from him alone. Seems a very immature and kinda creepy thing to do if you ask me. If you're going to use the No Thanks button, at least contribute to the discussion on occasion....don't follow someone around No Thanking them because you don't like their opinions.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    Travis34's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    5,597
    vCash:
    7869
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like a lot of you guys, I agree, it shouldn't be abused to stalk people. I sparsely use the 'no thanks' unless I think the post really deserves it. Like Nubs said, for every 5 I give, there's probably 10x that for thanking people,
    I'm definitely quite liberal with that one

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Giving Thanks
    By newlownorder in forum Religion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 01:50 PM
  2. giving up
    By Ilovemyfins4eva in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
  3. I'm not giving up
    By Chambers34Phins in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 02:29 PM
  4. OMG...Why are you giving up?
    By finsrclowns in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 12:09 PM
  5. OMG...Why are you giving up?
    By finsrclowns in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •