Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: Colin Kaepernick seen sporting a Dolphins hat during 4th of July celebrations.

1. -111
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I will admit it would bug me to see one of our guys wearing another team's logo. But so long as it wasn't a divisional team, or a team they are rumored to be going to, I wouldn't be pissed.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Some players wear teams logos simply because of the colors, and because they love football. I know fans that have dozens of teams represented in their wardrobes, but it doesnt mean whatever team they were on a certain day is their favorite team.

I wouldnt care if Tannehill was wearing a 49's cap. We know where he really stands.
    The difference here is we are not employed by any of the teams so who cares what or how many we choose to wear. Teams vie for our loyalty and branding and players are one way of trying to get us to root for them. If this had happened in the middle of the season chances are about one blurb would have been said about it and no one would have dwelled on it but since we are smack dab in the middle of high and dry season it was the worst possible time Kaepernick could have choose to wear another teams hat.

There are plenty of sporting hats for a NFL star to wear: baseball, hockey, minor league and college football, golf, NASCAR, basketball, etc...there is no need to wear other NFL teams gear when you are playing in the NFL or working for a NFL franchise.

I think there is way too much being made of this because it is the dead season but it also should be addressed within the team.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some players wear teams logos simply because of the colors, and because they love football. I know fans that have dozens of teams represented in their wardrobes, but it doesnt mean whatever team they were on a certain day is their favorite team.

I wouldnt care if Tannehill was wearing a 49's cap. We know where he really stands.
    If you are a fan, that's one thing. If you are getting paid a salary by a specific team, I'd say you owe that team a degree of loyalty, and
    if I were your boss, I'd expect you to show the good sense not to wear another teams brand in public. The more recognizable and
    high profile you are, the more I'd expect of you. As has been quite rightly pointed out, to me it goes to you not buying in to the
    organization, culture and vision of the franchise.

I wager that color combinations in clothing could be done in many types of ways, shapes and forms, and the wearing of NFL
    branded apparel is not an absolute necessity to make your fashion points. It would bother me if Tannehill was wearing a 9ers cap,
    but it would not bother me if he was wearing, say, a UCLA hat.

How do we know for a fact where any man stands in his loyalties except for what he displays in all aspects of his life?

Quote Quote  

4. -114
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    The difference here is we are not employed by any of the teams so who cares what or how many we choose to wear. Teams vie for our loyalty and branding and players are one way of trying to get us to root for them. If this had happened in the middle of the season chances are about one blurb would have been said about it and no one would have dwelled on it but since we are smack dab in the middle of high and dry season it was the worst possible time Kaepernick could have choose to wear another teams hat.

There are plenty of sporting hats for a NFL star to wear: baseball, hockey, minor league and college football, golf, NASCAR, basketball, etc...there is no need to wear other NFL teams gear when you are playing in the NFL or working for a NFL franchise.

I think there is way too much being made of this because it is the dead season but it also should be addressed within the team.
    I get the whole branding thing, but this isn't a choice like choosing Pepsi vs Coke. Most fans buy their favorite teams merchandise regardless of player endorsements. Most NFL fans' loyalty is absolute, and picking out a brand of suit at Men's Warehouse is its quite different from picking out a NFL jersey at an NFL pro-shop. I don't see many people opting for the Fins cap over their favorite team's cap because they saw Kaepernick wearing it. Anyways, if it were a huge deal to teams, it would likely be stipulated in a players contract.
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by A&O View Post
    Sorry if this thread topic has already been posted.

Would you get ticked if Tanne was in a San Fransisco 4th of July party; wearing a 49ers cap? Such BS: Who gives a crap?

_
    It wouldn't affect my being in any way. I wouldn't understand why he'd wear any other hat not Dolphins though.

Quote Quote  

6. -116
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo

If true then IMO those players are tools. Mentioning you know fans who have other teams gear isn't the same thing b/c they don't play in the NFL. It's a moot point.
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here is another reason why you don't wear another team's hat. I smell dissension in the ranks.

USA TODAY NFL team ‏@usatoday_nfl 9m
    49ers teammate calls Kaepernick's Dolphins hat 'a huge mistake' http://usat.ly/14eTpWB
    Quote Quote