Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: First Five Games... Prediction time

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    We should beat the Browns. Every other game is a toss up. Hopefully we win them all. But with Matt Ryan, drew Bree's, joe Flacco and Andrew luck as the opposing quarterbacks. Even if Miami is the better "team" those guys can all get it done.

I'm going to say 3-2 losses to the Ravens and Falcons.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Week 1: Browns (at Cleveland)

A game Miami should win if you look on paper, and game Miami will probably lose if you check out what they have done the last few meetings between them. This has been a big off-season for the Dolphins, and I am very sure as far as the Phins coaching staff are concerned, this is the most important game of the season. Miami needs to at least win 9 games, and probably as far as Coaching and players are concerned, they need to reach the playoffs, and to do so, they need to get off to a fast and early start against a team Miami should beat on paper.

The players will probably hear plenty of how Miami has not been able to get it done against the Browns lately, and how playing in Cleveland will not make it any easier. Even though the Browns will play Miami very tough, Miami is not going to look past them or underestimate this team (Not with Philbin as the HC), Miami will come out of the games hard, and make this game very tough on the Browns from the Start,

Miami WIN.

Week 2: Colts (at Indy)

Miami played the Colts very tough last year, with less talent at WR and CB, this year Tannehill will have as good or better talent to throw to then Luck (which was not the case last year), while Luck will go against a tougher secondary, and possible better pass-rush. If the O-line can do at least a respectable job for Tannehill, Miami will be going against pretty much the same defense that Tannahill had a good game against.

Miami WIN

Week 3: Falcons (at home)
    The Falcons are a tough team, they have a very smart QB with great talent around him, but I just think think with the loss of all the talent they lost on defense, it will cost them in the end. This years version of the Falcons may be good, but there is a good chance they are nowhere the team they have been in the past, and having their former star Corner on our team will not hurt. I know it sounds crazy, but I have a feeling Miami Upsets the Falcons this year at home in a close one.

Miami WIN

Week 4: Saints (at New Orleans)

This game has all the aspects of a dangerous game, the Saints are still remembering what a waste of a season it was last year with all those players missing, and not having their HC, and I am sure the Saints will be very hot coming into this game, they will be very tough to beat in the 1st 10 games of the season at least, and being home, Miami might not just lose, but get in a shootout they are not able to keep up with.

New Orleans WIN

Game 5: Ravens (at home)
    So many key losses for the Ravens, they will struggle this year, but will still be a dangerous team, on the other hand they will be playing a Dolphins team in Miami after the Dolphins probably took a painful loss the week before against the Saints, Philbin and the Coaches will be making sure there is no 2 in row, and the players will wants to redeem themselves.

Miami WIN

That would make it a very insane 4-1 mark in the 1st 5 games for me...Get the season started already....LOL

Have plenty of things to do in
    the off-season, but have to work in
    January during that pesky post-season, not
    a problem if you have the right QB.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    We beat the Browns, Falcons, and either the Ravens or Saints..... perhaps both. 3-2 at least. 4-1 perhaps.

1. The Browns blow.

2. The Colts are being seriously underestimated by everyone. I look for them to take a HUGE step forward this season. They are my sleeper to perhaps make the SB. Andrew Luck will be the best QB in the league within 2-3 years. He may move into the top 5 THIS year. That team will be good. This could be a preview of an outstanding playoff game. Tannehill vs. Luck will be the matchup to decide the AFC for a multiple year stretch in the near future.

3. Some of you seem to forget the Falcons are very average on the road. They are almost impossible to beat in that Georgia Dome, but they are pretty much a .500 team on the road over the last few years. I think this along with the Browns game are the 2 locks of the first 5. Phins by 3.

4. It will be interesting to see how the Saints rebound from last season. They are tough in the Superdome.

5. The Ravens will be a notch behind what they were last season. They were a very good team last year, but certainly not unbeatable. I think they fall back to a 9 or 10 win team, perhaps even 8-8. This game is a total toss up.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Saints don't lose in the dome. The fans are amazing. It's a Monday night game and the emotions will still be high because Payton is back.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    I agree with the first three pretty much, but think the Saints and Ravens are a toss up. Im not so certain we lose in NO - honestly Im even predicting NO to be 3rd or 4th in their division. Sure, Drew can QB but I just think they are overrated as an organization.

Same with the Ravens. Its tough to call a Super Bowl champ overrated but when you lose about half of your starters can you really call them the same team?

I think we go 2-1 then split the next two. 3-2 to start, bye week to rest, then time to rock and roll.

Every time I see a stupid post I remind myself we don't have this guy as a fan
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    of our first 5 games, the one on paper that seems the hardest is monday night in new orleans.

not that itd be easier if it was a 1 pm game in the dome, but the saints have an explosive offense in that place, and it will be rocking on monday night.

if we are going to be as good as we think we are this season, we got to beat teams like the browns, and win our home games.

if we want to be in playoff contention this season, at worst after 5 games we can afford to be 3-2, with those losses coming vs the saints and falcons being the best 2 games.

However, i also believe we can go 4-1 in that stretch, as the falcons game is our home opener so that maybe will give our team an extra boost, and home vs the ravens we should win.

i do want to beat the saints, as i am still pissed about that heart-breaker of a loss back in 09, where we totally choked the game away, with boneheaded coaching decisions, henne sucking it up in the 2nd half, ginn deflecting a ball off his fingers for a pick 6, and reggie bush getting a touchdown that should not have even counted and should have given us the ball instead at the 20.

either way, none of these players are on the teams anymore, but it still would be nice to get them back. deff our toughest game though out of the firs 5.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mia @ Cle - Mia Wins (closer than we might think though)
    Mia @ Ind - Mia Wins (should have beat them last year @ Ind - payback for RT17)
    Mia vs. Atl - Mia Wins (going to be the most exciting game we've seen in a while)
    Mia @ NO - NO Wins (Let down for us on the road in prime time - Brees tough at home)
    Mia vs. Bal - Mia Wins (Baltimore lost a lot of key players - combined with the SB hangover)

Hoping for 5-0 or 4-1 but honestly 3-2 would be solid after those first 5 games. Atlanta/Indy games could go either way.
    BIM!!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well a patriots fan bet me 100 that we would be no better than 2-5 through our first 7 games. All of these comments are just reinforcing my confidence lol
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The browns game is the one for me to watch. We always seem to play Down to their level. Like when we dominated them a couple years ago, only to keep getting fg after fg, then watched them go and score the gw td after 3 and a half quarters of terrible.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    4-1 3-2 at the least!
    Quote Quote