Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First Five Games... Prediction time

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pay back time for the Colts, that loss last year was a nut cracker. 3/2 4/1 is possible.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see us barely winning in Cleveland and beating the Ravens. The other three games are losses, maybe a chance against the Falcons if it's hot/muggy/raining.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have to disagree with the new o if Dink and dunk in Indy not favoring luck...heck dink and dunk and the te down the Seam off pa is exactly what luck ran at Stanford with so much success due to a lack of weapons on the outside at wr...

Anyways I see it 3 and 2 with wins at Cleveland and then home vs atl In what many would call an upset and then vs the rebuilt ravens...new Orleans on Mnf in their building will be quite the test...either 2 and 3 or 3 and 2...week 1 is mission critical to our playoff hopes
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @ CLE - The Browns are a team who is actually looking pretty talented sans QB. Problem is, Brandon Weeden looked like a wreck last year...not a good career trajectory when you're 30. Road wins are never easy, but I think we take this in a modestly close game. WIN 20-10
    @ IND - It's tough to say where Indy is, because they weren't nearly as good as their record last year and their roster is still lacking talent all over the place. However, Andrew Luck could scarily improve this year and it's on the road, so I think Indy squeaks by. LOSS 20-21
    ATL - The Falcons have been one of th ebest teams in the league for years and show no signs of stopping. They're still looking for those elite defensive pieces to get over the hump, but my biggest memory of them last year is their offense shredding teams on the road early in the season. I'm scared of the same thing happening in Miami. I think we keep it somewhat close, but Atlanta maybe gets a 7-10 point victory. LOSS 23-31
    @ NO - Traveling to New Orleans is a pretty horrifying scenario. With Sean Payton back in the fold, I see these Saints resembling the 2009-11 team rather than the 2012 one. I don't think our defense matches up very well with them. LOSS 20-41
    BAL - People need to realize that different doesn't mean worse. It reminds me when everyone said the Giants would tank after losing a bunch of free agents in 2008, only to go 12-4. The fact of the matter is that they did a great job of replacing the players who left, and the roster looks stronger to me than it did last year. I think we're able to keep it close, but Baltimore still looks like the better team to me. LOSS 17-24

1-4 seems harsh, but to be fair, it's our toughest stretch of the season and it's not impossible to recover from. On the other hand, those predicting 4-1 or 5-0 from our toughest stretch of the year are just being unreasonable, and will almost certainly be let down.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    W,W,L,L,W - 3-2
    The Falcons and Saints will be tough. Both teams can score a lot of points. Brent Grimes could have a impact in the Falcon game.
    The other 3 are winnable games. The Browns will try to run the ball and lose, the Colts are good but I think we take this game. The Ravens defense is in shambles now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post

if we are going to be as good as we think we are this season, we got to beat teams like the browns, and win our home games.

if we want to be in playoff contention this season
    This.

Winning at home is a must. Good teams win most or all of their home games and take care of weak teams like Cleveland when on the road. If you cash in your home wins and beat just the bad teams you play on the road, it typically gets you to double digit wins.

Teams like the Browns, Jests, and Bills are teams you should beat if you play the game on the moon.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    I'm happy with 3-2, and can live with 2-3. About half our starters are new or at new positions. This would be an OK start for a potential playoff run.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    3-2

@Cleveland W 24-13
    @Indianapolis W 23-20
    vs Atlanta L 30-23
    @New Orleans L 34-28
    vs Baltimore W 20-17

.....If everything goes right.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Aside from predictions, ya know what I would really love to see? A good old fashioned shoot out between Brees and Tannehill on MNF. Win or lose, that would be special.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    This.

Winning at home is a must. Good teams win most or all of their home games and take care of weak teams like Cleveland when on the road. If you cash in your home wins and beat just the bad teams you play on the road, it typically gets you to double digit wins.

Teams like the Browns, Jests, and Bills are teams you should beat if you play the game on the moon.
    yup, its a must to win our home games.

we do have some challenging games at home, vs atlanta, vs baltimore, vs the pats ( i know they lost welker, hernandez, etc, but they always will play us tough and there defense is very underrated, should be a tough game either way) cinci, san diego, and then maybe some easier games vs the jets, bills, and panthers.

the chargers, although i dont buy them, they still always have the potential to put up points, and they did add some guys, like woodhead which is underrated, freeney on the defensive side, the bengals are still a solid team, so overall, our home schedule is not so easy, but then again i like it like this because we seem to play down to our opponents and up to the competition.

whether it was last season getting anhilated by the titans, or beating a very good team in the seahawks, or losing to a bad team in the jets, we seem to play better vs the quality opponents.

heck go 5-3 on the road and 6-2 at home and we r a lock for the playoffs pretty much. i dont think that is asking too much. heck, i am being too nice, i should give us only 1 loss allowed at home, if any.

the first 5 games though will set the tone for the season. its a perfect time to evaluate this team before the bye week.

if we go 2-3, i still think we can make the playoffs, but it would show we are prob a 5th or 6th seed and 1st round exit type team. not ready to play with the big boys.

if we go 3-2 i will feel pretty good about or teams chances this season.

if we go 4-1 or 5-0, there will be some series superbowl talk on finheaven come the bye week, which would deff be entertaining.

i just need the season to start already. should be fun.
    Quote Quote