Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you could go back in the past and ...

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cromartie over Jason Allen. As an FSU fan that hurt bad.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Drew Brees over Cupepper
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hattiesburg MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have several, and rank them accordingly...

1. Win Super Bowl XIX against the 49ers.
    or
    2. Not hire Tom Olivadotti and hire an actual GOOD DC during the height of Danny's years...this equals years of decent to good defense to aid Danny Boy!!!
    or
    3. Draft good Defensive players, good RB's, MORE GOOD WR to go along with Duper/Clayton.
    or
    4. Dwight Stephenson NOT getting hurt. This really killed our offensive line cohesion for YEARS!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fired Olivadotti and kept Shula with a real DC...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jg772006 View Post
    ... change one thing and ONE THING ONLY in the entire history of the Dolphins, what would you change?

Win a certain game? ... Change the outcome of a certain game that would have benefited Miami? ... Draft a certain player? ... Hire a certain coach? What would you change?
    Easy one for me.....smack down Stabler's pass that let the Raider's beat us in the 1974 Sea of Hands playoff game....ending our dynasty. I also wish Marino's last game wasn't a blowout loss.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Finsfan1984 View Post
    Not hire Tom Olivadotti and hire an actual GOOD DC during the height of Danny's years...this equals years of decent to good defense to aid Danny Boy!!!
    By far the worst DC in the history of the franchise.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tannchise View Post
    drew brees over jamar fletcher
    this
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one mentioned John Avery over Randy Moss? Could have kept Marino in for one last run
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clearly, the two most blatantly obvious answers are getting Dan that ring or not striking out on Brees twice. Let's put those two on the shelf for right now because I'm not going to play the contrarian and pretend that some other original answer rivals those two.

However, I have one that I constantly think about. What if Jay Fiedler had not broken his thumb in that Sunday night game up in Denver in 2002? We were 5-1 after that game because of an extremely effective play-action power offense and a dominant defense. That Denver game was one that we usually lose if not for the way that season was shaping up. Was Fiedler great? Hell no. But he was having his best season to date and Norv Turner was doing a great job disguising run/pass out of the same formations.

I don't have to remind you about the debacle of the next game because Ray Lucas had to start. Five interceptions in a game at home against Buffalo that we'd have won in our sleep if not for the abrupt change at QB. That was followed by losses to the Jets and Packers on Monday night in a tough one.

Think about how that season played out. Oakland vs. Tampa in the Super Bowl. Those were not unbeatable teams. I'm not saying we'd have won it all, but if we'd have kept rolling after that Denver game like we were, I wouldn't exactly have hated our chances in the playoffs against anyone.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scranton, Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins LogoXbox Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDevil28 View Post
    Clearly, the two most blatantly obvious answers are getting Dan that ring or not striking out on Brees twice. Let's put those two on the shelf for right now because I'm not going to play the contrarian and pretend that some other original answer rivals those two.

However, I have one that I constantly think about. What if Jay Fiedler had not broken his thumb in that Sunday night game up in Denver in 2002? We were 5-1 after that game because of an extremely effective play-action power offense and a dominant defense. That Denver game was one that we usually lose if not for the way that season was shaping up. Was Fiedler great? Hell no. But he was having his best season to date and Norv Turner was doing a great job disguising run/pass out of the same formations.

I don't have to remind you about the debacle of the next game because Ray Lucas had to start. Five interceptions in a game at home against Buffalo that we'd have won in our sleep if not for the abrupt change at QB. That was followed by losses to the Jets and Packers on Monday night in a tough one.

Think about how that season played out. Oakland vs. Tampa in the Super Bowl. Those were not unbeatable teams. I'm not saying we'd have won it all, but if we'd have kept rolling after that Denver game like we were, I wouldn't exactly have hated our chances in the playoffs against anyone.

I completely agree ... I still fondly remember that season all too well. Almost a decade and a half later, and the way that season played out with Ray Lucas being one of the primary reasons why we crumbled ... it still pisses me off to this day.

Quote Quote