Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rose leaving WQAM??

1. -31
    Ordinary Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sedano on 790 was excellent. On QAM, not so much. Alot of Dolphins fans don't like Sedano because he was brutally hard on Parcells, Ireland and Sparano. Combine that with the back-to-back by the Heat, his interest has clearly been the NBA.

The problem with 790 is that they hired a new Program Manager who fired Sedano, broke up a very entertaining Lebatard show by moving Hoch and as a result, you now have a morning show and afternoon show that is more about entertainment than sports. That one hiring by 790 really ****ed up the SoFl sports radio culture. I don't listen to any of it anymore.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I listen to a Miami station WINZ on my IHeart radio phone app....they seem to do a good job....I think they are part of ESPN radio and CBS sports. They do Dolphin's sports talk in the afternoon when I am driving around. I also love Philly sports and they have a guy named Mike Missanelli with 97.5 The Animal in Philly who is very entertaining and gets into it with the callers. I have about ten stations I can flip through from LA to the East Coast.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Sedano on 790 was excellent. On QAM, not so much. Alot of Dolphins fans don't like Sedano because he was brutally hard on Parcells, Ireland and Sparano. Combine that with the back-to-back by the Heat, his interest has clearly been the NBA.

The problem with 790 is that they hired a new Program Manager who fired Sedano, broke up a very entertaining Lebatard show by moving Hoch and as a result, you now have a morning show and afternoon show that is more about entertainment than sports. That one hiring by 790 really ****ed up the SoFl sports radio culture. I don't listen to any of it anymore.
    Yeah...I really, really disliked that whole time period and what followed. Horrible, disjointed radio programing, which now has settled into one program that
    in my opinion is really pretty bad (Hoch/Zas.) and one that went from great to fair (LeBetard) The rotating guests, Cote, Jones, etc is terrible.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    The World Is Yours

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tallahassee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeharley666 View Post
    You guys should listen to WFAN if you really want to hear how an all sports station format should sound. Yes, there are some hosts that listeners don't like but in the overall scheme of things it's a straight up sports station without all the BS fun, games and jokes I hear on all these FL sports stations or anywhere else in the country. I like Joe in the morning because he does talk Fins but the only other personality whether you like him or not that I listen to is the Big O. At least O's format is straight up sports talk, no BS! Crowder thinks he's a hall of famer, I can't listen to that higher than holy POS.
    Really? Crowder rags on himself constantly, and brings up his short career all the time. I've specifically heard him say he wasn't that good. Sounds like your spreading false information. Some people might not like his attitude, but to think he considers himself a hall of famer or anything close is just wrong. Personally in love his humor (intentional or not) and he does have a good perspective on sports.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Joe Rose leaving WQAM??

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    Really? Crowder rags on himself constantly, and brings up his short career all the time. I've specifically heard him say he wasn't that good. Sounds like your spreading false information. Some people might not like his attitude, but to think he considers himself a hall of famer or anything close is just wrong. Personally in love his humor (intentional or not) and he does have a good perspective on sports.
    Exactly. Crowder is actually very self deprecating...
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Channing Crowder is a ****ing moron.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. I like Joe Rose. You get by far the best depth and analysis on the Dolphins on his show. He gets good guests, the analysis is not superficial, the criticism is fair and real, and he understands the sport.

2. Finsiders is fine because you get wall to wall coverage, but let's be real, it is a Dolphins mouthpiece. You do not get balanced analysis. Its stilted to the Dolphins' favor with minimal criticism, just defend everything the Dolphins do. Losing Joe Rose's show is a big loss because you lose the balanced approach, yet he had the passion as a former player and team broadcaster. Rose is a big loss.

3. Sedano is so mis-guided it is ridiculous. He is a Lebatard wanna-be, but he doesn't have Lebatard's intellect. He wants to say that the minutae of sports is beneath him, so he tries to bring up topics like "do you pee sitting down." And he will bring it up with national writers who you can tell think he is a complete buffoon.

4. For a big city, Miami is severely lacking in on-air talent. After Rose leaves, good grief, this will be a sad display. Lebatard's show, whether you like him or not, is good. But the rest of these guys just aren't talented compared with what you see in other cities.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    1. I like Joe Rose. You get by far the best depth and analysis on the Dolphins on his show. He gets good guests, the analysis is not superficial, the criticism is fair and real, and he understands the sport.

2. Finsiders is fine because you get wall to wall coverage, but let's be real, it is a Dolphins mouthpiece. You do not get balanced analysis. Its stilted to the Dolphins' favor with minimal criticism, just defend everything the Dolphins do. Losing Joe Rose's show is a big loss because you lose the balanced approach, yet he had the passion as a former player and team broadcaster. Rose is a big loss.

3. Sedano is so mis-guided it is ridiculous. He is a Lebatard wanna-be, but he doesn't have Lebatard's intellect. He wants to say that the minutae of sports is beneath him, so he tries to bring up topics like "do you pee sitting down." And he will bring it up with national writers who you can tell think he is a complete buffoon.

4. For a big city, Miami is severely lacking in on-air talent. After Rose leaves, good grief, this will be a sad display. Lebatard's show, whether you like him or not, is good. But the rest of these guys just aren't talented compared with what you see in other cities.
    Sedano was actually nationally syndicated one time. I used to call his show every now and then.
    I haven't listened to him since he left 790 though.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    STUD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerDolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi View Post
    Please dude, don't tell me what I'm hearing on the radio. Your opinion is yours but don't tell me what I'm hearing. Crowder is a slug on the radio and you can hardly hear what he's talking about through his Ebonics. All I hear from him is how Ireland had no right to cut him and how bad the Patriots wanted him(yeah sure) because he was such a great player.
    And say what you want about Ireland I get that but this moron should finally keep his trap shut about the guy already. He kills him every chance he gets because he is on the air and it's becoming unprofessional now, it's pretty pathetic and I'm now embarrassed for Crowder. He's no better than Sileo and Michael Irvin. At least Irvin as bad as he was, was professional and wasn't just a "hater" with his drivel. You like him fine, but I listen to a lot of sports radio between NY, Philly, Miami and Sirius NFL, and in my opinion he does not belong in radio compared to these other hosts
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I don't have the ability to listen to WQAM on a daily basis, but one of the things I do is listen to the daily Dolphin related interviews on their website. Most of the Dolphin related interviews involve the Joe Rose show and occasionally the other shows which include Sedano. I enjoy listening to those interviews because Rose's interviews are pure football and they talk a lot about the Dolphins. Heck, I even listen to the interviews he does weekly with Marvez and Florio even though I can't stand those guys. If this news/rumor of Rose leaving WQAM is true, the station becomes pure garbage. Rose was the last piece that kept the station at least somewhat relevant.

Speaking of Sedano, months ago I made the decision to stop listening to the interviews he did because he is such a moron and talks about such idiotic topics. However, because of this thread I decided to go and listen to one of his interviews today. What luck that his guest today just happened to be our favorite beat writer Omar Kelly. Anyways, as expected the entire segment was pure garbage. Sedano brings on a DOLPHINS BEAT WRITER, and guess what? They spent ZERO time talking about the Dolphins or really the NFL at all. You know what they did talk about during the 12 minute interview? They talked about former Hurricanes quarterbacks, Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Miley Cyrus and the majority of the conversation was about Jay-Z. Pure Garbage.

Quote Quote