Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: What Should the Sack Total be for Dion Jordan for a "successful" rookie year?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

69 21.43%
  • 6-7

132 40.99%
  • 8-9

90 27.95%
  • 10-11

19 5.90%
  • 12+

12 3.73%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Sack Total for Dion Jordan Next Year?

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    when you say smiths hands i think you mean the strength in his hands??? if so i would agree with that...smiths hands and his quick lateral agility are fantastic...he has a signature now outside redirect back inside move that is breathtaking how quick he gets in the gap and gains the inside shoulder of the tackle...but smith also doesn't have the same rediculous closing speed and acceleration and speed period that jordan has...jordan closes like a gazelle...

smith also has eye popping 35 plus inch arms...
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Those hands also allow him to be a dominate inside rusher. But yeah, that closing speed and burst is why I bring up Miller. Expecting him to be as good as either is asking a lot, but, ****, we did spend the #3 overall pick. I'm not expecting it in year 1, though. I will say that I use to want us to play him at 4-3 SOLB on base downs, but I've come around to the idea of having him stick to a rusher on pass downs. That's the part of his game that has to be elite for him to be worth a top-5 pick. So good call there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I'm thinking 8-9. Speed rushers are hated by many OT's, and with good reason. He's not gonna get a lot of attention with Wake on the other side.
    They are both going to help each other. I expect Waker to get his usual number at least.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I went with 8-9, but if he doesn't get that many I wouldn't label his season a failure.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Those hands also allow him to be a dominate inside rusher. But yeah, that closing speed and burst is why I bring up Miller. Expecting him to be as good as either is asking a lot, but, ****, we did spend the #3 overall pick. I'm not expecting it in year 1, though. I will say that I use to want us to play him at 4-3 SOLB on base downs, but I've come around to the idea of having him stick to a rusher on pass downs. That's the part of his game that has to be elite for him to be worth a top-5 pick. So good call there.
    yeah at solb at that height i think he would spend too much time sifting thru traffic and having to take on guys at the poa and it would limit some of his pass rush impact and tools...i guess in some packages i would be ok with a move around joker like role but the smart money in my opinion is to sharpen up that edge pass rush...so in a year or two he's dominant at de and in a jason taylor move around like stand up rusher role...

i did mispeak when i said jordan had terrific hands...i meant the size of his hands were terrific...their huge...but he needs to get much stronger...still the kid moves like a damn joy stick at the combine...fluid as a 1st round corner hips and cod wise and the same burst when he put his foot in the ground...as gifted as they come
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Realistic Sack Total for Dion Jordan Next Year?

Im hoping hes productive as ogunleye when he was playing opposite of jt.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    DEPRESSED BY REALITY

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm going 10-11 which is optimistic. But the kid has some special skills and I think he'll surprise some people with that speed and length before the league adjusts. I'm hoping to see a couple big games where he gets multiple sacks against weaker tackles. Teams won't be able to help with Wake on the other side.

It will be up to him to get that strength up where he is effective with inside moves and can hold up at the POA if he's going to be special all around.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cheyenne, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hopefully 6-7 along with Wake's 18 or so
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Sacks as a statistic are so overrated.

Personally, Id rather pressure the QB into a horrible mistake that results in a turnover and potentially a score. A sack is a loss of yardage and a down. A turnover is much better.

Its all about getting pressure that results in positive plays for the defense. Sacks, turnovers, or incompletions are the desired results. The more pressure you get the better chance of these happening.

Dion Jordan is going to be a tremendous help in getting pressure on the opposing QB. Whether that help comes directly by Jordan getting to the QB or forcing double teams that allow his teammates to get to the QB easier makes no difference.

Bottom line is Jordan is a beast and will make our pass rush one of the games best.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    6-8 looks realistic

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Quote  

10. -30