Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Geraldo Rivera: George Zimmerman Jury Would Have Killed Trayvon Martin Too

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Geraldo Rivera: George Zimmerman Jury Would Have Killed Trayvon Martin Too

Geraldo Rivera, already famous for saying that Trayvon Martin's hoodie got him killed by George Zimmerman, said Friday that he thought Zimmerman would dodge a murder conviction because the nearly all-white jury would probably have killed Martin too.
    Rivera was speaking on "Fox & Friends" just as Zimmerman's defense attorneys prepared to deliver their closing argument, thus bringing the trial to a close. He said he had always felt that the case was one of total self-defense on Zimmerman's part, and he blamed Al Sharpton for the case having been brought to trial at all.Then, he said that the jury would convict because the jurors--all of whom are women and five of whom are white--would have killed Martin too:
    I see those six ladies in the jury putting themselves on that rainy night, in that housing complex that has just been burglarized by three or four different groups of black youngsters from the adjacent community. So it's a dark night, a 6-foot-2-inch hoodie-wearing stranger is in the immediate housing complex. How would the ladies of that jury have reacted? I submit that if they were armed, they would have shot and killed Trayvon Martin a lot sooner than George Zimmerman did. This is self-defense.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3585911.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Perhaps they would have listened to the dispatcher and not followed him. Or perhaps if they were afraid they would never have gotten out of their car. Maybe they wouldn't have a hard time admitting they followed him. Maybe they wouldn't have said "m*****f***ing punks" and "*******s always get away" when describing Martin, statements that give a very clear indication of Zimmerman's mindset. Or perhaps they would have been able to give an accurate location of where they were. I mean if you live in the same 3 street neighborhood for 4 years and are a Neighborhood Watch Captain you would think you know the area. Or perhaps they would have just driven past electing not to get involved.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So when was the last time Geraldo Rivera actually knew what he was talking about?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Defeated, TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well, i just couldn't stand the suspense sos i started rioting early! whycome best buy aint got VCRs no more?
    #JusticeForTrayvon
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot4Peyton View Post
    well, i just couldn't stand the suspense sos i started rioting early! whycome best buy aint got VCRs no more?
    #JusticeForTrayvon
    A poor attempt at being funny for a situation that falls far short of comedic.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Geraldo lost all his credibility when he opened Al Capone's vault, and found nothing.

I think if you look at the letter of the law in Florida, there is no way you can convict Zimmerman. If someone believes they were in danger of being killed and reacted like Zimmerman did, it's self defense, no matter how you slice it. I don't think the prosecution was able to prove Zimmerman was (and is) guilty of first or second degree murder. I think he will be acquitted on all charges, including manslaughter.

I am sure there will be some knuckleheads who will riot.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot4Peyton View Post
    #JusticeForTrayvon
    Went to happy hour in downtown Sanford yesterday. Figure it will be the last time I go down there for at least a couple of months.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    I wouldnt have killed him for 2 reasons.

1. I wouldve minded my own ****ing business.

2. I dont own guns.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea the statement is quite stupid. None of these ladies would have followed this guy then went out their way to go behind a building to see what street they were on lol.
    If Zimmerman had did the right thing and let the police handle it or at least stayed in his car in an observation role we would not be having this convo. At the very least he is guilty of negligence resulting in manslaughter because he willingly followed this guy around and left his vehicle. For those that want to paint Martin as a thug, where was his weapon?
    Nobody should follow a guy around a neighborhood(not a small amount of following) and then end up shooting him and not be at least taken into custody with no witnessness to explain what happened. Im a firm believer in right to bear arms and do believe in the spirit of stand your ground but to me it doesnt apply when you choose to stalk somebody around a neighborhood. He caused everything that happened and yet some see him as some victim. He was a wannabe cop that had no reason to following someone around while armed.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I wouldnt have killed him for 2 reasons.

1. I wouldve minded my own ****ing business.

2. I dont own guns.
    If Zimmerman didn't have a gun he probably would have minded his own business too.

Bottom line for me is both guys took every opportunity to be an ******* to each other and when two *******s collide **** happens. At the end I believe that Zimmerman believed he was in a life or death struggle and he was within his rights to use his gun which is why I would find him not guilty, although I do believe he should be punished to some extent for being an ******* in the first place.
    Quote Quote