Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Geraldo Rivera: George Zimmerman Jury Would Have Killed Trayvon Martin Too

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Black Panthers are in Sanford right now. I'm sure it's to enjoy the fine dining.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    The Black Panthers are in Sanford right now. I'm sure it's to enjoy the fine dining.
    The financial impact for the businesses in downtown Sanford is huge. There are great restaurants and bars that are already closed for the weekend (per Facebook). Sanford isn't the racist cess pool the media wants to portray.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    If Zimmerman didn't have a gun he probably would have minded his own business too.

Bottom line for me is both guys took every opportunity to be an ******* to each other and when two *******s collide **** happens. At the end I believe that Zimmerman believed he was in a life or death struggle and he was within his rights to use his gun which is why I would find him not guilty, although I do believe he should be punished to some extent for being an ******* in the first place.
    Im trying to figure how Martin was being an ass to Zimmerman, Zimmerman was stalking him all over the neighborhood. That's all we really know besides they had a scuffle and Zimmerman shot him. I personally question that he was getting his head slammed into concrete and somehow noticed Martin going for his gun then shot him. No matter what Zimmerman was negligent and is definitely lying through his teeth when he says he got out of car to see what street he was on. Where he shot Martin was not at the street .
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Yea the statement is quite stupid. None of these ladies would have followed this guy then went out their way to go behind a building to see what street they were on lol.
    If Zimmerman had did the right thing and let the police handle it or at least stayed in his car in an observation role we would not be having this convo. At the very least he is guilty of negligence resulting in manslaughter because he willingly followed this guy around and left his vehicle. For those that want to paint Martin as a thug, where was his weapon?
    Nobody should follow a guy around a neighborhood(not a small amount of following) and then end up shooting him and not be at least taken into custody with no witnessness to explain what happened. Im a firm believer in right to bear arms and do believe in the spirit of stand your ground but to me it doesnt apply when you choose to stalk somebody around a neighborhood. He caused everything that happened and yet some see him as some victim. He was a wannabe cop that had no reason to following someone around while armed.
    Wasn't Zimmerman a part of the Neighborhood Watch in his area? Technically he was "doing his job." Watching the neighborhood. I don't think he was trying to be a cop. Why would someone call 911 if they planned on shooting someone? Doesn't add up. It's unfortunate there was an altercation that ended up with Trayvon dying, and I really feel for his parents, but you cannot convict Zimmerman of any crime. A fight escalated and a young man lost his life. This is sad, but no crime was committed.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Im trying to figure how Martin was being an ass to Zimmerman, Zimmerman was stalking him all over the neighborhood. That's all we really know besides they had a scuffle and Zimmerman shot him. I personally question that he was getting his head slammed into concrete and somehow noticed Martin going for his gun then shot him. No matter what Zimmerman was negligent and is definitely lying through his teeth when he says he got out of car to see what street he was on. Where he shot Martin was not at the street .
    What would he have to do to cross the "being an ass" threshold in your opinion? He definitely wasn't being friendly. I think you can reasonably conclude that Martin threw the first punch, thats being an ass.

One thing I haven't heard anybody mention is why didn't Martin call the police himself if he thought he was being stalked? We know he had a cell phone in his hand.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    What would he have to do to cross the "being an ass" threshold in your opinion? He definitely wasn't being friendly. I think you can reasonably conclude that Martin threw the first punch, thats being an ass.

One thing I haven't heard anybody mention is why didn't Martin call the police himself if he thought he was being stalked? We know he had a cell phone in his hand.
    How do we know who threw first punch we have no witness to this.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    What if after Zimmerman asked for his address, & I assume Martin refused to give his address to a creepy stranger like any normal person would, Zimmerman continued to follow him? If I walked around my neighborhood following people, asking for their address, & continuing to follow them, I'd like to see how long it takes until someone tries to deck me. Unfortunately we'll never know because he shot the only witness.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Wasn't Zimmerman a part of the Neighborhood Watch in his area? Technically he was "doing his job." Watching the neighborhood. I don't think he was trying to be a cop. Why would someone call 911 if they planned on shooting someone? Doesn't add up. It's unfortunate there was an altercation that ended up with Trayvon dying, and I really feel for his parents, but you cannot convict Zimmerman of any crime. A fight escalated and a young man lost his life. This is sad, but no crime was committed.
    He wasn't on watch that night and neighborhood watch infers watching not getting out of cars and following people in dark areas. I wonder how many people would be defending MArtin if he had ended up shooting Zimmerman and said it was because he feared for his life. You cannot say no crime was committed because none of us know what happened. All we know is Zimmerman went out of his way following someone he ended up shooting. I just love how some people want to say it was justified and yet none of us were there we just have Zimmerman at his word and he strikes me as dishonest with the idiocy of leaving the road to find out what road he was on. There was no road where he ended up shooting Martin. People like Zimmerman should never have had a gun in the first place and even if he gets aquitted( I feel like its manslaughter but none of us know) the family should sue the neighborhood association for allowing a gun to be carried on neighborhood watch and not having a better system in place to keep this kind of thing from happening. I know of no neighborhood watches that tell their people to go alone and follow suspected people down paths away from road alone. His negligence and thiers leave an unarmed 17 year old dead and it could have been prevented. I also think Zimmerman should get a refund on his mma classes that taught him to get so calledly absolutely pummeled by a guy almost 50 pounds less than him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    What if after Zimmerman asked for his address, & I assume Martin refused to give his address to a creepy stranger like any normal person would, Zimmerman continued to follow him? If I walked around my neighborhood following people, asking for their address, & continuing to follow them, I'd like to see how long it takes until someone tries to deck me. Unfortunately we'll never know because he shot the only witness.
    The neighborhood watch of which he wasn't on watch that night should have an outlined procedure and I know of none that have as asinine procedure as this. As far as he followed him seems like he could have done this in a more advantageous place such as the street but somehow he goes behind a building to find a street so go figure.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People die everyday. This makes news because it's presented as a racial thing. I haven't been following this trial.
    Quote Quote