Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Geraldo Rivera: George Zimmerman Jury Would Have Killed Trayvon Martin Too

1. -41
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    Was O.J. Guilty ?
    I think O.J was guilty. Most people feel he should've served jail time even though he was acquitted in a court of law, just the same way I think a lot of people feel Zimmerman should serve some prison time even though he's likely to walk scot-free. In both cases, I don't think justice was served. Whether you want to fault the prosecution is another matter.

I think what bothers people most about the case is that Zimmerman was the initiator. I have to believe that when the Stand Your Ground law was written, it was intended for people minding their own business who are then confronted by someone who would wish to do physical harm to them. Not for someone who initiates a confrontation, possibly goading someone into attacking them, & then blasting them in the heart.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Simple. Zimmerman followed Martin. Done. He shouldn't have done that, and it got a kid killed. You and everyone else justifying this death blows my mind. It's not about Martin anymore apparently. I have no clue why anyone can justify this guy with a gun following an unarmed teen going to his friend's house. There is no justification for it. He followed a kid when he was told not to and the kid of dead. That's on Zimmerman...
    Zimmerman did follow Martin but that's not against the law. He shouldn't of done that? Based on what law?

It got a kid killed? Did it or did Martin beating on him get him killed?

He was told not to by an operator on the phone. She has as much authority in telling Zimmerman what to do as mrs. Crabtree down the road.

Just because you don't like what happened and want Zimmerman to go to jail doesn't mean that the law should be circumvented due to people's emotions about the case.

What boggles my mind is that people want this guy to go jail for the rest of his life when there is very little evidence to support a conviction. It's like the law doesn't matter. I'm p1ssed, therefore I want him to go to jail. I don't care what the evidence says. I'm pissed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Geraldo Rivera: George Zimmerman Jury Would Have Killed Trayvon Martin Too

Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    If Zimmerman didn't have a gun he probably would have minded his own business too.

Bottom line for me is both guys took every opportunity to be an ******* to each other and when two *******s collide **** happens. At the end I believe that Zimmerman believed he was in a life or death struggle and he was within his rights to use his gun which is why I would find him not guilty, although I do believe he should be punished to some extent for being an ******* in the first place.
    This is a pretty accurate assessment, in my opinion. You can't get around the fact that Martin was a thug and Zimmerman is a wanna-be vigilante with his nose in everyone's business. This was bound to end badly.

What I want to know is would anyone have cared or heard about any of this if Martin wasn't black? How many white people and other races, including blacks, are murdered by black people and it never even makes the local news? This is all media driven race BS to keep the country divided and our president and his cronies played right along...or were driving the whole thing all along. Who knows?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    He was told not to by an operator on the phone. She has as much authority in telling Zimmerman what to do as mrs. Crabtree down the road.
    My lasting impression of this case will be the 911 operator instructing him not to follow him, & Zimmerman ignoring those commands like my Doberman completely tunes me out when it's locked onto a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBagpipe
    Just because you don't like what happened and want Zimmerman to go to jail doesn't mean that the law should be circumvented due to people's emotions about the case
    I won't blame anyone for their verdicts. Like you said, it's better to have a guilty man go free then an innocent man go to prison, but man does it suck when the 'guilty' one's get away. O.J Simpson's acquittal didn't stop anyone from feeling he should've served jail time.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Zimmerman did follow Martin but that's not against the law. He shouldn't of done that? Based on what law?

It got a kid killed? Did it or did Martin beating on him get him killed?

Just because you don't like what happened and want Zimmerman to go to jail doesn't mean that the law should be circumvented due to people's emotions about the case.

What boggles my mind is that people want this guy to go jail for the rest of his life when there is very little evidence to support a conviction. It's like the law doesn't matter. I'm p1ssed, therefore I want him to go to jail. I don't care what the evidence says. I'm pissed.
    So you think it's OK for an armed guy to stalk an unarmed teen? What would you have done if some guy was following you at night? I know what I'd do, but apparently I'd end up dead and everyone everywhere would say that it's my fault I'm dead.

I stand by my initial statement. An armed man stalked an unarmed teenager after law enforcement told him not to, and that teen ended up dead. You cannot describe a series of events that makes that justifiable...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you think it's OK for an armed guy to stalk an unarmed teen? What would you have done if some guy was following you at night? I know what I'd do, but apparently I'd end up dead and everyone everywhere would say that it's my fault I'm dead.

I stand by my initial statement. An armed man stalked an unarmed teenager after law enforcement told him not to, and that teen ended up dead. You cannot describe a series of events that makes that justifiable...
    Locke you keep saying teen and kid TM was almost six feet tall and it was night time.
    When did GZ learn how old TM was ?
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin

Legally you would have a tough time proving that Zimmerman by law "stalked" Martin. You'd have to show it was done willfully, maliciously and repeatedly. Law enforcement didnt instruct him to not follow Martin. A 911 phone operator did. That's not law enforcement. I think I could describe a series of hypothetical events that would make it both justifiable and unjustifiable. Here goes the justifiable one:

Zimmerman, a member of the neighborhood watch team, is aware of burglaries in the neighborhood the past number of months. He sees a person who's head is covered by a hoodie. Zimmerman gets suspicious and follows him. He calls 911. Disregarding the operator he asks Martin who he is since he doesnt recognize him. Martin gets really pissed about this and starts cursing at Zimmerman. He than decides he wants to beat up Zimmerman. He jumps him, gets on top of him, busts his nose and starts smashing his head on the ground. Zimmerman perceives that his life is in danger either by the beating or by thinking that Martin is going for his gun. He grabs the gun and shoots Martin in which he believes is self defense.

Is this what happened? No idea. Wasn't there. Could I say beyond a reasonable doubt that something to this effect didnt happen? Nope. Zimmerman following Martin isn't illegal. Asking him a question isn't illegal. Assaulting someone is illegal.

I can do a hypothetical where what Zimmerman does is unjustifiable if you want too
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    My first customer. Thank you Spesh...merchandising, merchandising.
    I'll take a large. Thanks. I'm not white so it would look pretty weird on me...but then again, I like weird.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    I think the media is more guilty for manufacturing another race case.
    Question for you Locke. Or anyone else.
    Was O.J. Guilty ?
    Watching the trial, O.J. sure looked guilty as hell. It was looking bad for him. Blood everywhere matching his DNA. My memory is foggy but I remember my general feeling when seeing all the evidence stacked up against him. And then in comes Johnny Cochran bursting into court decked out with flamenco dancers, doing the mamba.

The greatest and most unbelievable racism card in history was played, and O.J. got off. Well, until the heist. What a dumbass.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I think O.J was guilty. Most people feel he should've served jail time even though he was acquitted in a court of law, just the same way I think a lot of people feel Zimmerman should serve some prison time even though he's likely to walk scot-free. In both cases, I don't think justice was served. Whether you want to fault the prosecution is another matter.

I think what bothers people most about the case is that Zimmerman was the initiator. I have to believe that when the Stand Your Ground law was written, it was intended for people minding their own business who are then confronted by someone who would wish to do physical harm to them. Not for someone who initiates a confrontation, possibly goading someone into attacking them, & then blasting them in the heart.
    I agree with the second paragraph.
    Now lets picture a scenario.
    Lets say I am a wealthy middle age man. Me and Rob 19 the hit man are sitting in a restaurant I point out the guy working there that is boinking my trophy wife and hand Rob a fat envelope. I go home Rob hangs out and counts his large cash. Goldman leaves Rob follows him to a house. Rob parks his car and walks through the gate and tries to turn the guy into a pez dispencer. Some dumb broad pops out the front door and he has to do her too. Nobody can see Rob work and live to tell about it. Rob leaves no clues he is a pro. Rob leaves to go plan a nice vacation.
    O.J. stops by to visit his kids before he leaves for Chicago the next day finds the bodies walks unintentionally through blood, maybe checks Nicole for a pulse or just touches her in shock and grief. Suddenly reality sets in, the black man is there at the scene of his white ex wife that he has treated violently before. His obvious thought as everyone's was . They will hang his ass for this.
    O.J. leaves and goes completely stupid slow Bronco chase and so forth.
    Rob heads for Mexico to take in the donkey show.
    Rich guy finds out what happened and thinks the dude was doing Nicole too. Figures he deserved it.
    But everyone assumed it was all about the black guys ex wife and the other guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Maybe it was about Ron Goldman and Nicole was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    But nobody looked at that.
    Now can you guess what pissed me off the most about the trial ?
    Quote Quote