Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Geraldo Rivera: George Zimmerman Jury Would Have Killed Trayvon Martin Too

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    What would he have to do to cross the "being an ass" threshold in your opinion? He definitely wasn't being friendly. I think you can reasonably conclude that Martin threw the first punch, thats being an ass.

One thing I haven't heard anybody mention is why didn't Martin call the police himself if he thought he was being stalked? We know he had a cell phone in his hand.
    He was on the phone with his friend and probably thought it was some creepy white guy but wasn't scared at time just suspicious. The key thing is why did Zimmerman not let the police do their job instead of trying to be a wanna be police officer. There was another person on watch that night why didn't he call them so he wasn't chasing some guy around alone. We will never know what happened but we do know Martin was not armed and was being followed quite a distance. We also know that Zimmerman left the area where the street signs were and shot him nowhere near a street sign
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    People die everyday. This makes news because it's presented as a racial thing. I haven't been following this trial.
    It becomes racial because over the history up until this day race comes into play in almost all matters. In all likelihood if MArtin had been white he would have been deemed as less suspicious by MArtin and thus it never happens.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    It becomes racial because over the history up until this day race comes into play in almost all matters. In all likelihood if MArtin had been white he would have been deemed as less suspicious by MArtin and thus it never happens.
    One thing surrounding this trial that really annoys me are the ignorant black people threatening a riot and/or killing white people if Zimmerman is found not guilty. Where the hell are they when black people are killed by other black people? When "evil whitey" does it, that's when it's time to stand up, right?

Pathetic.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still cant figure out how MArtin got shot so far from a street sign if Zimmerman was looking for a street sign as he said. He was a good ways from his truck where he shot him but that hasn't been explored much and lends to a lack of credibility for ZIMMERMAN
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    One thing surrounding this trial that really annoys me are the ignorant black people threatening a riot and/or killing white people if Zimmerman is found not guilty. Where the hell are they when black people are killed by other black people? When "evil whitey" does it, that's when it's time to stand up, right?

Pathetic.
    rioting DOESNT SOLVE Anything but when people feel justice is not done sometimes it happens. I think we should all be bothered by an armed guy in no official capacity following someone all over a neighborhood and ending up killing an an unarmed 17 year old as we should with all unnecessary killings. Hell shoot Zimmerman and be done with it then try the person that shot him. Just follow him wherever he goes and then when there is an area with no witnesses fire away and claim you feared for your life and use stand your ground as your defense. This whole trial has bastardized the true intent of the law.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    What would he have to do to cross the "being an ass" threshold in your opinion? He definitely wasn't being friendly. I think you can reasonably conclude that Martin threw the first punch, thats being an ass.

One thing I haven't heard anybody mention is why didn't Martin call the police himself if he thought he was being stalked? We know he had a cell phone in his hand.
    How can you conclude that Martin threw the first punch? How? Zimmerman did the only right thing for himself by eliminating the only other witness.

Why was Martin NOT friendly? He came back from a store and walked to a friends house.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    rioting DOESNT SOLVE Anything but when people feel justice is not done sometimes it happens. I think we should all be bothered by an armed guy in no official capacity following someone all over a neighborhood and ending up killing an an unarmed 17 year old as we should with all unnecessary killings. Hell shoot Zimmerman and be done with it then try the person that shot him. Just follow him wherever he goes and then when there is an area with no witnesses fire away and claim you feared for your life and use stand your ground as your defense. This whole trial has bastardized the true intent of the law.
    I think most people are bothered by the incident. I think most people think that Zimmerman shouldn't of followed or approached Martin, even though he wasnt under any legal obligation to not do so. The varied opinions and hypotheticals that have been presented in this thread are a testament as to how noone except Zimmerman and Martin knew exactly what happened. So what are you saying? That you think the jury should convict Zimmerman of 2nd degree murder even though there is little evidence to support it. Are you saying, rule of law should be suspended or altered in this one specific case just because you don't like how it went down. In criminal cases the burden of proof needed for a conviction is what it is because its much worse to send an innocent man to jail than let a guilty man go free. Are you telling me, based on the evidence presented, that you can say beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman is guilty of second degree murder as dictated by Florida statute? Because if you can't say that and you still want a conviction than you or anyone else who feels that way are as bad as as the people who would hold kangaroo courts and convict someone where no proof was present.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    If Martin was a white teenager who was shot and killed by an over zealous black security guard would the NRA have put up the money for his defense ?
    Would the white community be calling for a murder conviction ? You bet ya.

if you go around looking for trouble carrying a gun you should be responsible for your actions especially if they lead to the death of another human being.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    If Martin was a white teenager who was shot and killed by an over zealous black security guard would the NRA have put up the money for his defense ?
    Would the white community be calling for a murder conviction ? You bet ya.

if you go around looking for trouble carrying a gun you should be responsible for your actions especially if they lead to the death of another human being.
    I personally believe that in your hypothetical no arrest is ever made
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I know is I'm trademarking "creepy ass cracka". Shirts available soon.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote