Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Geraldo Rivera: George Zimmerman Jury Would Have Killed Trayvon Martin Too

1. -31
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    All I know is I'm trademarking "creepy ass cracka". Shirts available soon.
    Eh. A kid got killed. Not sure why you are making light or jokes about the event. Would you wear that shirt and show it to Martin's mother. What if you had a kid that was killed and someone made a shirt mocking it

Extremely poor taste, to put it lightly, if you ask me
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Eh. A kid got killed. Not sure why you are making light or jokes about the event. Would you wear that shirt and show it to Martin's mother. What if you had a kid that was killed and someone made a shirt mocking it
    It's a joke making fun of Zimmerman. Too soon??

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't followed this close as some but something worth mentioning. At the time Trayvon Martin was killed my son was the same age as were his two best friends Joe and Travis.
    If any one of them was to jump on most any of us full grown men you would need a weapon to stop them. How many people here see seventeen year old boys very often ?
    Some of them are quite imposing.
    I am not saying that is what happened. Only two people know, one is dead , the other has good reason to lie.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I know is an unarmed 17 year old was killed by someone with a gun who was told specifically not to follow him. I have a hard time rationalizing that and innocent. He is guilty of something. The evidence just tells us what specifically...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    All I know is an unarmed 17 year old was killed by someone with a gun who was told specifically not to follow him. I have a hard time rationalizing that and innocent. He is guilty of something. The evidence just tells us what specifically...
    That Zimmerman was on the ground with Trayvon on top per the bullet trajectory. And backed by the State's witness John Goode. And that Trayvon had Zimmerman in a MMA ground and pound position. Which by the way is a VERY DANGEROUS position to be in even for a professional. Especially with no referee to stop it. Getting FUBAR in that situation is VERY LIKELY. I just don't see how you convict Zimmerman in that position.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    I say they should of not even done the trial. Just take him out yonder back of the courthouse and string him up right yer up on the old tree. Yeehaw. It's not like whatever evidence is shown in that there court of law is gonna change anybody's mind. Mans guilty. Don't know of what but sumthin. Don't see the point of that ther trial is anyway.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I think the media is more guilty for manufacturing another race case.
    Question for you Locke. Or anyone else.
    Was O.J. Guilty ?
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Others are bringing up situations wondering if that would be brought to court, so let me add one:

If i stalked a women as she was walking home in both my car and on foot, and she pepper sprayed me after i refused to answer why i was following her, knocking me on my back while she continued to spray me, should i be allowed to shoot her to death?

This case is perfect for public debate. Theres enough of a gray area for people to form their own judgements, feel strongly about them, and not be wrong. If you feel the important part of this case is Zimmerman being pounded on while he was basically defenseless: then hes innocent. If you feel the important part of this case is Zimmerman tracking down Martin: then hes guilty of manslaughter. I could go either way, though i definitely lean towards the latter. I dont believe something is self defense if you instigate the situation. If it is, then anyone could start any situation in order to kill someone they dislike for whatever reason. I believe the law needs to be better defined to prevent these sort of cases in the future. If that means Zimmerman walks and then the law is "changed", i'll be disgusted but eventually understand.

As well, just to clarify because this has been brought up ad nausuem: a case could be made that Zimmerman was racist and it was a motivating factor in his pursuit of Martin. But i dont believe that. I believe he was a wanna be cop with a power complex. I believe he had a domestic assault charge previously and i know he had attempted to join law enforcement agencies. That screams to me he was someone who desperately wanted some sort of "power" over others. He drew himself up as some sort of trained profiler and went looking for trouble. Then he found it and...well...yeah.

Also, 9954, if you make that Creepy Ass Cracka into a bumper sticker: sold.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Others are bringing up situations wondering if that would be brought to court, so let me add one:

If i stalked a women as she was walking home in both my car and on foot, and she pepper sprayed me after i refused to answer why i was following her, knocking me on my back while she continued to spray me, should i be allowed to shoot her to death?

This case is perfect for public debate. Theres enough of a gray area for people to form their own judgements, feel strongly about them, and not be wrong. If you feel the important part of this case is Zimmerman being pounded on while he was basically defenseless: then hes innocent. If you feel the important part of this case is Zimmerman tracking down Martin: then hes guilty of manslaughter. I could go either way, though i definitely lean towards the latter. I dont believe something is self defense if you instigate the situation. If it is, then anyone could start any situation in order to kill someone they dislike for whatever reason. I believe the law needs to be better defined to prevent these sort of cases in the future. If that means Zimmerman walks and then the law is "changed", i'll be disgusted but eventually understand.

As well, just to clarify because this has been brought up ad nausuem: a case could be made that Zimmerman was racist and it was a motivating factor in his pursuit of Martin. But i dont believe that. I believe he was a wanna be cop with a power complex. I believe he had a domestic assault charge previously and i know he had attempted to join law enforcement agencies. That screams to me he was someone who desperately wanted some sort of "power" over others. He drew himself up as some sort of trained profiler and went looking for trouble. Then he found it and...well...yeah.

Also, 9954, if you make that Creepy Ass Cracka into a bumper sticker: sold.
    My first customer. Thank you Spesh...merchandising, merchandising.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    That Zimmerman was on the ground with Trayvon on top per the bullet trajectory. And backed by the State's witness John Goode. And that Trayvon had Zimmerman in a MMA ground and pound position. Which by the way is a VERY DANGEROUS position to be in even for a professional. Especially with no referee to stop it. Getting FUBAR in that situation is VERY LIKELY. I just don't see how you convict Zimmerman in that position.
    Simple. Zimmerman followed Martin. Done. He shouldn't have done that, and it got a kid killed. You and everyone else justifying this death blows my mind. It's not about Martin anymore apparently. I have no clue why anyone can justify this guy with a gun following an unarmed teen going to his friend's house. There is no justification for it. He followed a kid when he was told not to and the kid of dead. That's on Zimmerman...
    Quote Quote