Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Geraldo Rivera: George Zimmerman Jury Would Have Killed Trayvon Martin Too

1. -51
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    So you think it's OK for an armed guy to stalk an unarmed teen? What would you have done if some guy was following you at night? I know what I'd do, but apparently I'd end up dead and everyone everywhere would say that it's my fault I'm dead.

I stand by my initial statement. An armed man stalked an unarmed teenager after law enforcement told him not to, and that teen ended up dead. You cannot describe a series of events that makes that justifiable...
    Locke. It is not against the law to follow someone and if the jury convicts him on that there will be an appeal. I wouldn't have followed him and you probably wouldn't either but it doesn't matter. This case comes down to self defense, if the jurors belived he acted in self defense to save his life, then not guilty. if they belived he was negligent, then he goes away for a long time. He wasn't stalking either, he was a person in an authority position watching the neighborhood. I know that neighborhood more than you would believe and trust me when I tell you, there was a lot of shady stuff going on there. You would understand why they needed a neighborhood watch if you lived there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Like me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is neighborhood watch not neighborhood intervene.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Jurors asked for clarification on the manslaughter charge. Seems either not guilty or a conviction of manslaughter but juries can be very unpredictable so who knows.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Simple. Zimmerman followed Martin. Done. He shouldn't have done that, and it got a kid killed. You and everyone else justifying this death blows my mind. It's not about Martin anymore apparently. I have no clue why anyone can justify this guy with a gun following an unarmed teen going to his friend's house. There is no justification for it. He followed a kid when he was told not to and the kid of dead. That's on Zimmerman...
    Simple....the State has to prove that Zimmerman NEVER had a fear of life and bodily harm when the shot was fired. Problem is Trayvon was in the aggressive and offensive position before the shot was fired. Imagine being on your back with a broken nose and someone is grounding and pounding you. Add the element of blood running down your throat from the broken nose and the disorientation.

How do you not have a genuine fear for life and bodily harm????

If Zimmerman was on top grounding and pounding....conviction. If Zimmerman and Trayvon were both standing a few feet from each other...conviction. The current scenario with Zimmerman in the clearly vulnerable position...not happening. In theory and the law at least.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Jurors asked for clarification on the manslaughter charge. Seems either not guilty or a conviction of manslaughter but juries can be very unpredictable so who knows.
    Murder 2 is out the door. Now they are debating manslaughter. Same rules still apply...Did Zimmerman have a fear for his life and bodily harm before the shot was fired??
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Murder 2 is out the door. Now they are debating manslaughter. Same rules still apply...Did Zimmerman have a fear for his life and bodily harm before the shot was fired??
    Not sure why people can't understand this 9954, all the other stuff is out the window. The getting out the car, the confrontation, none of that matters. It's the fear for life.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Not sure why people can't understand this 9954, all the other stuff is out the window. The getting out the car, the confrontation, none of that matters. It's the fear for life.
    That's the jest of it and the law.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYHEM View Post
    It is neighborhood watch not neighborhood intervene.
    Not sure of the relevance of this statement.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I think O.J was guilty. Most people feel he should've served jail time even though he was acquitted in a court of law, just the same way I think a lot of people feel Zimmerman should serve some prison time even though he's likely to walk scot-free. In both cases, I don't think justice was served. Whether you want to fault the prosecution is another matter.

I think what bothers people most about the caose is that Zimmerman was the initiator. I have to believe that when the Stand Your Ground law was written, it was intended for people minding their own business who are then confronted by someone who would wish to do physical harm to them. Not for someone who initiates a confrontation, possibly goading someone into attacking them, & then blasting them in the heart.
    Stand your ground wasn't used by the defense. Classic self-defense was used.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    That's kinda true. Again, I'm stretching my legal semi-expertise but I believe self defense is an affirmative defense under Florida law. Zimmerman doesn't have to prove he had fear for his life. His claim of self defense just has to bring up a reasonable doubt. He doesn't have to prove self defense, the prosecutor has to prove that Zimmerman wasn't acting in self defense. I'm sure the legal analysts have brought this up so if I'm mistaken on the burden of proof, even though I don't think I am, please correct me
    Quote Quote