Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Zimmerman Jr: 'What Makes People Angry Enough To Attack The Way Trayvon Did?'

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Robert Zimmerman Jr: 'What Makes People Angry Enough To Attack The Way Trayvon Did?'

As the verdict in the George Zimmerman trial settles into the American consciousness, Robert Zimmerman Jr., the brother of George Zimmerman, sat with Piers Morgan immediately following the verdict to discuss the trial and what he thinks is next for his brother.
    Near the end of the interview, CNN anchor Don Lemon felt compelled to ask Zimmerman Jr. a question on the potential opportunity for racial healing now that such a polarizing case has come to an end.
    Lemon asked:
    "You said you want to start some sort of dialogue, and much has been made about race in this particular case. And you, your brother, your family—you have a unique opportunity in this country to address that. What would you like to see happen when it comes to race, healing the divide, and do you plan to do anything about that, and will you ask your brother to do anything about that?"
    What seemed like a chance for Zimmerman Jr. to begin some semblance of a reconciliation process quickly morphed into a bizarre indictment of Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old shot and killed by George Zimmerman.
    "I want to know what makes people angry enough to attack someone the way Trayvon Martin did. I want to know if it is true, and I don't know if it's true, that Trayvon Martin was looking to procure firearms, was growing dru.. marijuana plants or was making 'lean' or whatever he was doing. I want to know that every minor, high schooler that would be reaching out in some way for help and they may feel it's by procuring firearms or whatever it is they may be doing, that they have some kind of help."
    This is not the first time Zimmerman Jr.'s words have caused controversy. In March, Zimmerman Jr. tweeted a picture that showed perceived similarities of Trayvon Martin and De’Marquise Kareem Elkins, a teenager from Georgia accused of killing a 13-month-old boy.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3593739.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I watched him on Peirs Morgan and I was very impressed with him and his composure. He presented as intelligent, well spoken and composed. I especially liked how he would let Morgan spin him.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Seems like RZJr. is asking real questions to real problems rather than to play the race baiting game. Good for him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

That guy is a toolbag. I don't see the intelligent well-spoken person you guys do. I see a patronizing douchebag personally...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    He could've done any number of things. Zimmerman could've goaded Martin verbally. He could've continued stalking Martin after Martin refused to give his address (at which point I would feel threatened). He could've even tried to detain Martin in some way or another as he waited for the police --either physically or trying to impede his progress as Martin tried to leave-- so that another one of those "punks" didn't get away. He could've even initiated the physical confrontation, which I don't think is outside the realm of possibility considering he was accused of assaulting an officer & abusing his girlfriend. Could you IMAGINE if Martin was accused of those things? I see people making a big deal out of his weed-smoking & gold teeth, but no one seems to bring up those things I mentioned against Zimmerman.

Really that's an unfair move by the brother to make it seem like there's no possible way Zimmerman could've done anything wrong in the situation, considering we'll never know what really happened because the only other witness was shot in the heart.
    Last edited by rob19; 07-15-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why does the word "stalking" keep getting used??

At best Zimmerman FOLLOWED Martin at one point that's it. Stalking is far too strong a word and happens to be illegal. Zimmerman wasn't stalking or committing an illegal act. However he should have stayed in the car and never got out. And Trayvon should have ran home or called the cops. Unfortunately both of them didn't do that. IMO both looked at each other and thought both were up to no good. And both of their reactions lead to this confrontation. And the rest is history.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Why does the word "stalking" keep getting used??

At best Zimmerman FOLLOWED Martin at one point that's it. Stalking is far too strong a word and happens to be illegal. Zimmerman wasn't stalking or committing an illegal act. However he should have stayed in the car and never got out. And Trayvon should have ran home or called the cops. Unfortunately both of them didn't do that. IMO both looked at each other and thought both were up to no good. And both of their reactions lead to this confrontation. And the rest is history.
    I use it in my hypothetical because if I knew someone was following me, then asked for my address (I don't care who they claim to be by the way, if they're not a cop they're not getting my address), I tell them to get lost, & they still choose to follow me? That's stalking. That's repeated, & unwanted. I'd feel threatened at that point.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Robert Zimmerman Jr: 'What Makes People Angry Enough To Attack The Way Trayvon

I lost all respect for Bob Dylan...
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

“If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher,” Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post

That guy is a toolbag. I don't see the intelligent well-spoken person you guys do. I see a patronizing douchebag personally...
    'toolbag'? the degenerates who havent watched the trial but are out protesting as we speak are toolbags. would you handle yourself so eliquently on television if one of your loved ones who was proven not guilty by a jury of his peers and is also a hated man in many circles?

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I use it in my hypothetical because if I knew someone was following me, then asked for my address (I don't care who they claim to be by the way, if they're not a cop they're not getting my address), I tell them to get lost, & they still choose to follow me? That's stalking. That's repeated, & unwanted. I'd feel threatened at that point.
    not trying to bash you. but i keep hearing the far left using that word as well in order to drum up fear of this hispanic guy. given his mental makeup, this man wasnt a stalker, he was very weak minded.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I use it in my hypothetical because if I knew someone was following me, then asked for my address (I don't care who they claim to be bft vy the way, if they're not a cop they're not getting my address), I tell them to get lost, & they still choose to follow me? That's stalking. That's repeated, & unwanted. I'd feel threatened at that point.
    Florida statutes define stalking as willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly following or harassing a person.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6647727_flo...king-laws.html

Has to be repeatedly and maliciously. Not sure if your hypothetical fits that definition. I don't see the malicious intent. Especially when the person was asking if you if you live there or your address. Now if the person said something like "Have you ever seen a grown man naked" then continued to follow you after you said stop repeatedly then that's stalking. Sorry for the Airplane quote.
    Quote Quote