Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida Medical Marijuna 2014

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Florida Medical Marijuna 2014

You know what it is, you've heard the debates. Bottom line is if this petition http://www.unitedforcare.org/petition gets 700,000 signatures by February medical marijuana could be on the 2014 ballot. If you want to sign please be a registered Florida voter since anything else won't count. Go to http://www.unitedforcare.org for more info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes please!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think Florida is going to be one of the later States to the legalization party. I still think there's too many old people in Florida, & I think it's still a mostly conservative State once you get north of Miami. A 2016 ballot would probably have a more realistic chance of actually passing.

Two states have already legalized it & frankly I'd be surprised if we didn't add a few more in 2014. I believe we'll see sort of an inverted Manifest Destiny in regards to the legalization process in that it's going to move from the West back to the East coast. I think Oregon is a likely candidate for 2014, California is another obvious one. Alaska, Hawaii, Arizona, & Montana all already have some type of Medical Cannabis program so those might be good candidates. Florida doesn't even have a Medical program yet, so if I were a betting man I wouldn't put any money on an outright legalization bill passing. The East coast --especially the South-East-- are going to be some of the last States to hop aboard in my opinion. Which is a shame because it's a tremendous money maker for the State.

Lawmakers in Colorado and Washington, whose residents legalized recreational pot use in November, are considering taxing the green stuff, allowing, in essence, not only residents to get high, but state revenues to get a lift as well.

According to Politico, one Rocky Mountain congressman is estimating the taxes could bring in as much as $100 million in potential revenues for Colorado alone.

“Money like that could make a big difference,” added Polis, who has been advocating for federal legislation in Congress that would permit robust taxation of sales of the drug.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1301948
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    I think Florida is going to be one of the later States to the legalization party. I still think there's too many old people in Florida, & I think it's still a mostly conservative State once you get north of Miami. A 2016 ballot would probably have a more realistic chance of actually passing.

Two states have already legalized it & frankly I'd be surprised if we didn't add a few more in 2014. I believe we'll see sort of an inverted Manifest Destiny in regards to the legalization process in that it's going to move from the West back to the East coast. I think Oregon is a likely candidate for 2014, California is another obvious one. Alaska, Hawaii, Arizona, & Montana all already have some type of Medical Cannabis program so those might be good candidates. Florida doesn't even have a Medical program yet, so if I were a betting man I wouldn't put any money on an outright legalization bill passing. The East coast --especially the South-East-- are going to be some of the last States to hop aboard in my opinion. Which is a shame because it's a tremendous money maker for the State.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1301948
    Make that north of Palm Beach County. The tri-county area (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach) is still Democratic.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Wanna know the ironic part about this whole thing? Cannabis is Florida's #2 cash-crop.

http://norml.org/legal/item/florida-top-10-cash-crops

We grow it by the acre & sell it off to God knows where. Meanwhile we have troopers busting kids for dime-bags.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Wanna know the ironic part about this whole thing? Cannabis is Florida's #2 cash-crop.

http://norml.org/legal/item/florida-top-10-cash-crops

We grow it by the acre & sell it off to God knows where. Meanwhile we have troopers busting kids for dime-bags.
    In Florida, the police have their hands full busting the grow houses producing the evil weed. Despite being a democrat strong hold, there is very strong Caribbean influence in SE Florida, and they regularly like a buzz butt stuck to their lips...
    I would be curious to see some stats on how the Feds estimate that the food stamp, assisted housing, and cell phone helps the sales of weed...since that fees up some cash.
    Until Orlando is finally conquered, the state leans slightly to the right...IMHO. Probably another 10 years.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Florida Medical Marijuna 2014

Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    In Florida, the police have their hands full busting the grow houses producing the evil weed. Despite being a democrat strong hold, there is very strong Caribbean influence in SE Florida, and they regularly like a buzz butt stuck to their lips...
    I would be curious to see some stats on how the Feds estimate that the food stamp, assisted housing, and cell phone helps the sales of weed...since that fees up some cash.
    Until Orlando is finally conquered, the state leans slightly to the right...IMHO. Probably another 10 years.
    If you agree with anything towards this then print sign and mail the petition and go vote. 10 years? No way. The whole country will be full blown legal in 10 years. The problem is spreading the word, this won't be anyone's TV but we can get the word out. Anyone who is going to vote no will probably be voting anyway and will see marijuana and just look for NO. We do have a lot of work to but let's not be bleak about it.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Florida? Marijuana? Pfft, I don't think so. Not what I've seen from this state. They'll be the last ones along with Texas or someone. The first SE/South state will be NC in my opinion..if you look at current laws and petitions and all that.

It would be extremely smart for Florida to go recreational if possible. Would boost tourism even that much more. Florida isn't exactly known for doing smart things though as embarrassing as that is since I grew up here. I could care less about medical, let me grow it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Florida Medical Marijuna 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FinsNCanes View Post
    Florida? Marijuana? Pfft, I don't think so. Not what I've seen from this state. They'll be the last ones along with Texas or someone. The first SE/South state will be NC in my opinion..if you look at current laws and petitions and all that.

It would be extremely smart for Florida to go recreational if possible. Would boost tourism even that much more. Florida isn't exactly known for doing smart things though as embarrassing as that is since I grew up here. I could care less about medical, let me grow it.
    I will admit I don't like the whole you can't grow your own stipulation in this. The real crime is that there are posession charges that can be a felony for anything over 20 grams. An ounce is 32. Way too persecuted.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Big time bump here with an update: FL Supreme court has ruled today and we can vote on this issue in the fall!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote