Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Player Spotlight: Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player Spotlight: Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers

A friend of mine saw Rutgers play last year and can't stop gushing about Brandon Coleman. I looked at highlights and like what I see. Coleman is 6-6 with pretty good speed and should be a redzone nightmare in the NFL. I love the way he goes up and gets the ball, has a little Megatron in him but I'd say a better comparison is Plaxico Burress. Would love to hear what others think of him in terms of route running, character - those kinds of things.

Player Comparison -- Plaxico Burress
    How he would fit with Miami -- The Dolphins have the speed guy in Mike Wallace and the dependable Brian Hartline, but they still seem to be searching for that big guy who can wrestle balls away from DB's in the air. Coleman fits this mold.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player Spotlight: Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers

He's pretty slow of the line. That's the only thing that bothers me. Colston is put together the same way but he has phenomenal body control that makes he deadly down the seam and in the red zone.

If Coleman proves that he possesses that type of ability to adjust to the ball in the air he could be Colston, if he doesn't then...... Roberto Wallace
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watch Rutgers' games and I think he will probably be a late first rounder. He is long and lanky with above average speed. He could work on his routes a little. He seems to catch the ball with his body...doesn't always have the surest hands but he can also work on this. He's a nice big target. I doubt we would focus on a WR in the early rounds next year. I think we will focus on defensive tackles, O-lineman and d-backs.
    Last edited by Roman529; 07-26-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I watch Rutger games and I think he will probably be a late first rounder. He is long and lanky with above average speed. He could work on his routes a little. He seems to catch the ball with his body...doesn't always have the surest hands but he can also work on this. He's a nice big target. I doubt we would focus on a WR in the early rounds next year. I think we will focus on defensive tackles, O-lineman and d-backs.
    Thanks for some information on Coleman. I agree on the three positions you mentioned as early picks. There seems to be a lot of talent at DT and OT. Right now, I'd say the most likely #1 would be a DT as I doubt the team will keep both Starks and Solai and this is a position that Ireland likes to have a lot of talent and depth.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he has a lot of potential. He reminds me of the big NY Giants WR named Ramses Barden. Here is some film on Coleman at Rutgers.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justdev7 View Post
    He's pretty slow of the line. That's the only thing that bothers me. Colston is put together the same way but he has phenomenal body control that makes he deadly down the seam and in the red zone.

If Coleman proves that he possesses that type of ability to adjust to the ball in the air he could be Colston, if he doesn't then...... Roberto Wallace
    I really want to see him play live to see if that's a problem. Would hate to think of him as a Roberto Wallace.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I think he has a lot of potential. He reminds me of the big NY Giants WR named Ramses Barden. Here is some film on Coleman at Rutgers.

Looks very, very impressive in those highlights. What you really don't see is much route running, but definitely someone who can go up and get the ball with nice speed.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    A friend of mine saw Rutgers play last year and can't stop gushing about Brandon Coleman. I looked at highlights and like what I see. Coleman is 6-6 with pretty good speed and should be a redzone nightmare in the NFL. I love the way he goes up and gets the ball, has a little Megatron in him but I'd say a better comparison is Plaxico Burress. Would love to hear what others think of him in terms of route running, character - those kinds of things.

Player Comparison -- Plaxico Burress
    How he would fit with Miami -- The Dolphins have the speed guy in Mike Wallace and the dependable Brian Hartline, but they still seem to be searching for that big guy who can wrestle balls away from DB's in the air. Coleman fits this mold.
    Yup...I agree Brandon Coleman has bigtime potential
    Quote Quote