Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Offensive line = No playoffs

  1. -41
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,798
    vCash:
    2036
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He got 2 maybe 2 1/2 out of 3. Nice job.
    Seriously shut the **** up. You've been on a mission to blame Tannehill for our problems ever since you tried to convince Phinz that Tannehill could have completed a pass in once second (or whatever the time from was) before being laid on his ass.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,433
    vCash:
    21494
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Seriously shut the **** up. You've been on a mission to blame Tannehill for our problems ever since you tried to convince Phinz that Tannehill could have completed a pass in once second (or whatever the time from was) before being laid on his ass.
    shut up you idiot. you don't know a thing about this game.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,798
    vCash:
    2036
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    shut up you idiot. you don't know a thing about this game.
    I know enough to know that our offensive line was our MAIN problem last season, not Tannehill. Again, not even Brady could have won with that line.

    Now, do I know everything about football? No, of course not. I'm man enough to admit that though.
    You on other hand are so egotistical that you can't admit when you are wrong. The more you try to convince everyone that you know more about football than everyone else, the more you convince them of the the exact opposite.

    The best example is the Manningham catch in the Super Bowl. Even though NFL OFFICIALS said before and after the fact that it was a catch, you insisted that it wasn't a catch. The entire ****ing world said it was a catch. But because YOU said it wasn't a catch, then goddammit it wasn't a catch. Because in your world your OPINION is fact somehow.

    The thing you refuse understand is people dislike you because of your arrogance. You can't even chalk that up to posting on a rival team's board. Other Jets fans can't stand your ass because of your arrogance. If you were to have a little humility then people might actually respect what you have to say. But because you don't, your posts come off as nothing but inflammatory.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,433
    vCash:
    21494
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Brady would have had Miami at least in the title game w/ that line, Russell Wilson won a SB w/ a similar line(plus a better D but your D was good enough).

    Your OL was mediocre, you missed the playoffs b/c of the QB- the guy that led your O to 7 pts total in 2 games against non playoff teams needing one win to make the playoffs. The guy that was outdueled by Thad Lewis and Geno Smith in back to back weeks in the biggest games of Ryan's career.

    The thing you refuse to understand is I don't care if people I don't know like more or not. if I wanted to be liked I'd go w/ the flow but I'm not a phony. Whether people like or dislike what I post means nothing to me, I will always be honest. if Miami earns my praise I give it to them, if they earn bashing I bash. same thing for my team.

    Those that know and understand the game respect my opinions.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,798
    vCash:
    2036
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Brady would have had Miami at least in the title game w/ that line, Russell Wilson won a SB w/ a similar line(plus a better D but your D was good enough).

    Your OL was mediocre, you missed the playoffs b/c of the QB- the guy that led your O to 7 pts total in 2 games against non playoff teams needing one win to make the playoffs. The guy that was outdueled by Thad Lewis and Geno Smith in back to back weeks in the biggest games of Ryan's career.

    The thing you refuse to understand is I don't care if people I don't know like more or not. if I wanted to be liked I'd go w/ the flow but I'm not a phony. Whether people like or dislike what I post means nothing to me, I will always be honest. if Miami earns my praise I give it to them, if they earn bashing I bash. same thing for my team.

    Those that know and understand the game respect my opinions.
    See here's the thing, you are focusing on TWO games. Nothing new with you. You never care to look at the whole picture, usually because you are wrong. There were plenty of times through out the season that would could have won games if the damn o-line had kept people off Tannehill. We would not have needed to win those last two games had the o-line held up during the first part of the season. Which was the point of the original post. He called it from jump before the season even started. I won't deny Tannehill needs some work, but agian, had the o-line held up through out the entire season we could have rested our starters in one of those two games.

    Also, don't lie. You care what people think of you. If you really didn't, you wouldn't go rounds with people the way you do. No you care. You care more than others actually. As for people that understand football. If they truly respected your opinion you would have a LOT more people defending you. As it stands the only people that defend you opinions you are those that been here for less than a year of don't post here, or anywhere, often enough to know how often you regurgitate the same **** over and over.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    goonies's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    724
    vCash:
    3263
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    I guess if you post an honest opinion that is correct but not like by the masses you get sent to the depths.

    Realistically this should have been the best and most accurate post of the year.

    Thanks, I gave an honest opinion. The homers didn't like it at the time but unfortunately I was right. How do I bring this thread back?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,433
    vCash:
    21494
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    See here's the thing, you are focusing on TWO games. Nothing new with you. You never care to look at the whole picture, usually because you are wrong. There were plenty of times through out the season that would could have won games if the damn o-line had kept people off Tannehill. We would not have needed to win those last two games had the o-line held up during the first part of the season. Which was the point of the original post. He called it from jump before the season even started. I won't deny Tannehill needs some work, but agian, had the o-line held up through out the entire season we could have rested our starters in one of those two games.

    Also, don't lie. You care what people think of you. If you really didn't, you wouldn't go rounds with people the way you do. No you care. You care more than others actually. As for people that understand football. If they truly respected your opinion you would have a LOT more people defending you. As it stands the only people that defend you opinions you are those that been here for less than a year of don't post here, or anywhere, often enough to know how often you regurgitate the same **** over and over.
    when you need one win out of those 2 games against mediocre competition it should be focused on but I can talk about the entire season if you want to and how the D kept them in playoff contention while the QB failed.

    Just to be clear I haven't said Ryan is a bad QB or won't be good, I just don't believe he was good in 2013 and I believe he is the main culprit why you missed the playoffs.

    If I cared I'd agree w/ what most people say. I honestly could not care less, I have fun arguing. Other folks try to make it personal and "hate" me but I don't dislike anyone on here b/c I don't know anyone on here.

    I regurgitate? that means I am consistent, right? I take that as a compliment.

    I am always fair and always will be. If it ruffles feathers I cannot control that.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,798
    vCash:
    2036
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Offensive line was the problem, not Tannehill.

    Lies.

    Even a broken record is consistent.

    Fair within the limits of your ego.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,433
    vCash:
    21494
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Offensive line was the problem, not Tannehill.

    Lies.

    Even a broken record is consistent.

    Fair within the limits of your ego.
    I don't have an ego, if people agree that's great, if they don't so what? I will do my best to present my side.

    you can keep saying the OL was the problem but that doesn't make it true. sure the OL could have been better but the OL was well above average the 2nd half of the year and they had the same record as the first half when they were very poor. Ryan was the reason you didn't make it and he may be a reason you make it in the coming years. we'll see.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 05:39 PM
  2. Offensive line play is key to offensive sucess !
    By Captain Lou in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 08:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 04:49 PM
  5. Offensive line / Offensive line woes / !! (merged 2x)
    By Chubby in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •