Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lookin Good In The Trenches

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Lookin Good In The Trenches

It's very early but, we have had nothing but good news on the OL and DL. Jerry is in shape, Martin added 15 pounds of muscle, and we have heard nothing on Clabo ( good thing on the OL). I have to believe he is blocking Wake, who we also have heard nothing from.

On the DL, Vernon has been overly impressive and it looks like it's his job at starting DE. Odrick has impressed inside and may start with Soliai in our base D, leaving Starks to replace Soliai on passing downs. Vaughn Martin has also impressed, and can play DT or DE. He may be an Irish find like McD was before. This is without some guy named Jordan, who is now 260 pounds, entering the mix.

GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    All good news,especially since the OL has been such a question mark.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    O-line has been getting their ass kicked so far, but we have an elite D-Line so I guess it can be expected. Either way its still very early and it will take every rep in camp for the O-Line to gel and get accustomed to each other.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    O-line has been getting their ass kicked so far, but we have an elite D-Line so I guess it can be expected. Either way its still very early and it will take every rep in camp for the O-Line to gel and get accustomed to each other.
    I haven't read where any starter is getting his ass kicked, only that there was some confusion on blitz pick ups, which is understandable in a few days of practice. I did see that Vernon was giving Martin all that he can handle. I would love to be able to see that match up of our two second year players, who reportedly have both improved.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I haven't read where any starter is getting his ass kicked, only that there was some confusion on blitz pick ups, which is understandable in a few days of practice. I did see that Vernon was giving Martin all that he can handle. I would love to be able to see that match up of our two second year players, who reportedly have both improved.
    The O-Line is a unit. I was not talking about one single player. Reading about practice from multiple reports it seems that there is constant pressure and sacks. Like I said, that's part us having an elite D-Line and the O-line needing some time to gel.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you kidding? The O-Line has been HORRIBLE. From everything that I have read the QB's have not had alot of time in the pocket.

Per James Walker
    "One of the reasons the quarterbacks struggled was because the offensive line was shaky all morning. The defensive line did a good job collapsing the pocket, and Tannehill was often rushed into making quick decisions. Miami's defense also brought some complicated blitzes that caused would-be sacks. "It was good," Dolphins Pro Bowl defensive tackle Randy Starks said after practice. "We tried to set the tone and we did that."
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    The O-Line is a unit. I was not talking about one single player. Reading about practice from multiple reports it seems that there is constant pressure and sacks. Like I said, that's part us having an elite D-Line and the O-line needing some time to gel.
    Agree but, other than Vernon beating up on the back up LT, I don't know who was giving up the pressure.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dol-phan007 View Post
    Are you kidding? The O-Line has been HORRIBLE. From everything that I have read the QB's have not had alot of time in the pocket.

Per James Walker
    "One of the reasons the quarterbacks struggled was because the offensive line was shaky all morning. The defensive line did a good job collapsing the pocket, and Tannehill was often rushed into making quick decisions. Miami's defense also brought some complicated blitzes that caused would-be sacks. "It was good," Dolphins Pro Bowl defensive tackle Randy Starks said after practice. "We tried to set the tone and we did that."
    If ya read the OP, the good news was the condition of Jerry and Martin, along with Clabo not being heard from. Coyle bringing complicated blitz packages on the first day in pads was not quite fair, although I have no problem with it. I also don't know who was playing on the OL when the pressure was given.

From what I have read, the O responded today.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Money is Power

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    If ya read the OP, the good news was the condition of Jerry and Martin, along with Clabo not being heard from. Coyle bringing complicated blitz packages on the first day in pads was not quite fair, although I have no problem with it. I also don't know who was playing on the OL when the pressure was given.

From what I have read, the O responded today.
    Good point
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What the hell are you on? The OL has been getting its ass handed to them so far. This is expected early on...but seriously don't try and twist the reports to anything other than what it is.
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote