Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Devlin

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pat Devlin

I am (surprisingly) interested to see how he does in the scrimmage tomorrow, and more importantly against Dallas on Sunday. The 6'3 225lb Devlin has been hot all training camp, and has been one of the coaching staffs favorite players for almost a year.

I can see Philbin giving him the majority of the snaps in our preseason game Sunday, and I am actually excited (maybe for the first time?) to see how our 3rd string QB will play. I read today he was taking reps with some of our starters (throwing passes to Keller and Daniel Thomas) Do you think he has a chance to beat out Matt Moore? Will Devlin get a call up with a solid scrimmage/preseason game?

The Dolphins seem to have great depth at the most in demand/important position on the field..

7/28 practice-Twitter-Devlin

-Pat Devlin throws to Keller. You're going to see lots of Devlin a week from today when #Dolphins play #Cowboys in HOF Game on NBC.

-Richard Marshall just laid out Kyle Miller during 7-on-7. But Miller brought in the Pat Devlin catch.

-Pat Devlin just threaded the needle to Jeff Fuller during 7-on-7 for a 20-plus reception.

-Brandon Gibson just scored a TD on Richard Marshall with Pat Devlin at the trigger.

-Daniel Thomas just caught a Pat Devlin pass on the sidelines and juked Derrick Shelby for an extra 5-yards.

-A wide open Marvin McNutt dropped a Pat Devlin deep ball in the end zone. Devlin is HOT. He's feeling himself.

-Dion Sims catches an over the shoulder pass in the seam from Pat Devlin. Sizzle.

-Pat Devlin just gave up an interception to Will Davis, who jumped a route. One play spoils Devlin's amazing day

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    devlin is making it easier for this staff to let matt moore go next offseason if they want to and feel confident he can handle the backup duties...i expect he will play pretty well this preseason...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel very comfortable with all three quarterbacks and that is something I have never felt as a long time dolphin fan. If devlin lights it up in the preseason games then I believe he should be rewarded by being the number 2 guy behind tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember devlin in college and I have no reason to think he's anything different than that until I see him do it in a meaningful NFL game. In college you never knew where the ball was going, he was incredibly irratic.

Until I see how he handles NFL pass rushing, I'm keeping Moore as long as I can.
    Last edited by xXwarXx; 07-28-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I have been high on Devlin for some time now and he continues to make leaps each year. I actually felt he was going to be the #2 this year until Moore surprisingly re-signed. We have very good QB depth.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Soon we'll have a real franchise quarterback, and the last shalll be first. Then shall be glory days again.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moses? dat you?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What are Devlin's strong/weak points?
    -

Next to Marino's fake spike touchdown to Ingram, the hook-and-ladder play comes in second. What a beauty.

_
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Soon we'll have a real franchise quarterback, and the last shalll be first. Then shall be glory days again.
    And on the seventh day, Pat rested... on the bench
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to think Moore is traded next season for a 6th or a 7th. It's a dummy year. Unless we showcase Devlin and he goes into a regular season game for a few series.
    Quote Quote