Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Agree or Disagree with this caption?????

1. -1
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

Agree or Disagree with this caption?????

1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Partisan bull****. And not even close to the same.

Requiring an ID is a way to suppress the young and minority vote, who tend to overwhelmingly vote democrat.

Requiring an ID to buy a gun is meant to make sure that criminals aren't purchasing them.

How are those even remotely the same...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Partisan bull****. And not even close to the same.

Requiring an ID is a way to suppress the young and minority vote, who tend to overwhelmingly vote democrat.

Requiring an ID to buy a gun is meant to make sure that criminals aren't purchasing them.

How are those even remotely the same...?
    Requiring an I.D to vote only helps the integrity of the election system to ensure that every legitimate vote counts and that fraud is not the deciding factor on the local, state or national level. If by minority you mean illegals that have no right to vote anyway, then yes it will suppress that. The young? You have to be 18 to vote. 18 is too young to require you to have an i.d? If you think minorities that are here legally can not get an i.d, then you should be arguing ways to make it easier for them to get an i.d. Not requiring an i.d to vote is not the answer.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Holder, easily the worst attorney general in my generation. He makes his decisions based on social justice, not law. He's a complete ****ing moron.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingit View Post
    Requiring an I.D to vote only helps the integrity of the election system to ensure that every legitimate vote counts and that fraud is not the deciding factor on the local, state or national level. If by minority you mean illegals that have no right to vote anyway, then yes it will suppress that. The young? You have to be 18 to vote. 18 is too young to require you to have an i.d? If you think minorities that are here legally can not get an i.d, then you should be arguing ways to make it easier for them to get an i.d. Not requiring an i.d to vote is not the answer.
    Yeah, except that there are maybe 5 or 6 legitimate cases of voter fraud in the past 10 years. So that's a made up "problem". In inner cities, like Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, NYC, most people don't own cars. They rely on public transportation. Which also means that they don't have driver's licenses. "Young" means under 30, but you know that. You're arguing things you know I'm not saying. I'd have more respect for you righties if you'd just come out and admit what was going on instead of trying to make up this mass conspiracy of voter fraud that isn't happening...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Agree or Disagree with this caption?????

Come on man, I know for a fact you are not stupid enough to buy this crap. You have to have an ID to do all kinds of things, including apply for welfare, Section 8, food stamps, or a job and you have to have ID to buy a drink or cash a check. Now how many legitimate people don't do any of those things? Get your head out of the Kool Aid and smell the coffee in this one.

You refer to verified voter fraud being low, I agree. However, what assurance do you have that any of the votes were legitimate if no one had to prove their identity and eligibility to vote? I have no desire to suppress anyone our their vote but I have every right to demand that those voting have the right to vote and that the ballot that they are casting is their own.

Voter suppression is a BS argument because you can't function in our society without ID and the people that supposedly can't get an ID sure manage to get government assistance, cigarettes, and liquor just fine.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Just exactly how difficult is it to get an ID?

If you've got time to register to vote, you've got time to get an ID. Seriously, who the hell functions in today's society without one? How do you open a bank account, cash a check, or buy beer?

It's simply a good idea to have ID in the first place.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Buddy beat me to it by a minute.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The Chase for Lord Stanley Begins ...

LETS GO PENS!
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Just exactly how difficult is it to get an ID?

If you've got time to register to vote, you've got time to get an ID. Seriously, who the hell functions in today's society without one? How do you open a bank account, cash a check, or buy beer?

It's simply a good idea to have ID in the first place.
    How much does it cost to get an ID? A 4 year license is what? 60 bucks? Do they offer 2 year licenses? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. If you're living off of minimum wage, can barely afford to put food on the table, where are you going to find room in your budget to drop 60 dollars on an ID?

Now if we went to something like a national ID that were free, that's something else entirely. But, if that was available, I doubt we'd be seeing these laws come up at all...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    How much does it cost to get an ID? A 4 year license is what? 60 bucks? Do they offer 2 year licenses? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. If you're living off of minimum wage, can barely afford to put food on the table, where are you going to find room in your budget to drop 60 dollars on an ID?

Now if we went to something like a national ID that were free, that's something else entirely. But, if that was available, I doubt we'd be seeing these laws come up at all...
    Damn! NM is screwed up. Here in WV, it's $10 for a five year license.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Come on man, I know for a fact you are not stupid enough to buy this crap. You have to have an ID to do all kinds of things, including apply for welfare, Section 8, food stamps, or a job and you have to have ID to buy a drink or cash a check. Now how many legitimate people don't do any of those things? Get your head out of the Kool Aid and smell the coffee in this one.

You refer to verified voter fraud being low, I agree. However, what assurance do you have that any of the votes were legitimate if no one had to prove their identity and eligibility to vote? I have no desire to suppress anyone our their vote but I have every right to demand that those voting have the right to vote and that the ballot that they are casting is their own.

Voter suppression is a BS argument because you can't function in our society without ID and the people that supposedly can't get an ID sure manage to get government assistance, cigarettes, and liquor just fine.

I like you man, but this kool-aid stuff you and others talk about is disrespectful. There is no kool aid. My undergrad degree had a minor in sociology. If I was willing to stay one more semester I would have had a second bachelor's in sociology. I've studied this stuff extensively. To come here and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, and that I'm only parroting back what I've heard, is insulting. Especially since I don't listen to any talking heads and I don't watch TV.

There are scientific studies behind this. I'm not going to go into it, because really, who cares that much? But the data is there.

And if voter fraud is low (but really practically non-existent), which you admit, why do this at all? Why tackle a problem that isn't there? I think you know the answer to that, but don't want to face the reality on this one...
    Quote Quote