Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Agree or Disagree with this caption?????

1. -11
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Damn! NM is screwed up. Here in WV, it's $10 for a five year license.
    Just looked it up, I think I may have been thinking of when I went to re-title a car. It's $18.00 for a 4 year license. Much more affordable, but the point remains the same...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Just looked it up, I think I may have been thinking of when I went to re-title a car. It's $18.00 for a 4 year license. Much more affordable, but the point remains the same...
    To be honest, I think the issue is kinda stupid too. But then again, I also think its kinda stupid to NOT have ID in today's world. I just can't wrap my mind around how these people actually function. Choosing to not have ID limits you in lots of ways.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    The reasons why its inaccurate are legion. I'll focus on my 4 favorite though.

1) Its a straw man statement. Like those insisting that the NFL Lockout was due to players refusing to play an 18 game schedule or the new abortion laws are fine because limiting it to 20 weeks is what its all about, focusing on the "get an id" part does a discredit to everyone who actually understands the situation.

If this was just about "getting an id", why is Ohio cutting voting hours for Democrat districts but extending them for Republican districts? If this was just about "getting an id", why did Pennsylvania enact the laws but fail to allow 700k people to get their id's? If this was just about "getting an id", why did Rick Scott enact voter purges against lawfully registered voters?

2) Practicality.

The number of actual cases of voter fraud are in the single digits over a 10 year span. Any other numbers suggesting higher considers mistakes made on a ballot "voter fraud". Even for those there are less then a 100 cases the last time i looked.

Meanwhile, firearms are used in thousands of crimes per year in this country. Registration not only is helpful in solving those crimes and identifying the criminals, it is suppose to help weed out the crazies.

Keeping guns away from psycho's is something conservatives should be pounding table for(as it makes those who own weapons for legitimate purposes look bad) but apparently fighting voter fraud is vastly more important. In totally unrelated news, 7 more people were shot up in Florida this past weekend. Thankfully, those involved didnt commit voter fraud before their deaths.

3) Intent.

Ive already listed the tactics used and how they make no sense in their stated goal. But suggesting that "fighting voter fraud!" and "making sure everyone has an id" is the stated goal is pretty laughable. Time and again Republicans have admitted their goal is to steal an election.

4) Suggesting its your right to have an unregulated weapon.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_...e_Constitution

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, except that there are maybe 5 or 6 legitimate cases of voter fraud in the past 10 years. So that's a made up "problem". In inner cities, like Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, NYC, most people don't own cars. They rely on public transportation. Which also means that they don't have driver's licenses. "Young" means under 30, but you know that. You're arguing things you know I'm not saying. I'd have more respect for you righties if you'd just come out and admit what was going on instead of trying to make up this mass conspiracy of voter fraud that isn't happening...
    I don't care if you think it is happening or not. Arguing against it by saying it suppresses the young and the minorities is idiotic. There is no reason not to require an I.D to be able to vote. How exactly does requiring an I.D suppress the young and minorities? That is the made up "Problem". I didn't say a driver's license, I said an I.D. I got one when I was 12. Most states have no age requirement to get one and the few that do are less than the age required to vote. The cost ranges from $5.00 to $25.00 and last from 4 to 8 years. I don't see that stopping anyone from getting an I.D. If some can't afford it, then they should be able to apply for help to get an I.D card. It will not only insure that the person who votes is a legitimate one, it will allow them to be able to do a lot of other things in life where an I.D is required.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    In totally unrelated news, 7 more people were shot up in Florida this past weekend. Thankfully, those involved didnt commit voter fraud before their deaths.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Vote early vote often thats how NJ was built
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingit View Post
    I don't care if you think it is happening or not. Arguing against it by saying it suppresses the young and the minorities is idiotic. There is no reason not to require an I.D to be able to vote. How exactly does requiring an I.D suppress the young and minorities? That is the made up "Problem". I didn't say a driver's license, I said an I.D. I got one when I was 12. Most states have no age requirement to get one and the few that do are less than the age required to vote. The cost ranges from $5.00 to $25.00 and last from 4 to 8 years. I don't see that stopping anyone from getting an I.D. If some can't afford it, then they should be able to apply for help to get an I.D card. It will not only insure that the person who votes is a legitimate one, it will allow them to be able to do a lot of other things in life where an I.D is required.
    Cool, you think I'm an idiot. I think you're being willfully ignorant. And honestly, that's a best-case scenario. You have failed to answer why these steps are necessary for an admittedly non-existent problem...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    To be honest, I think the issue is kinda stupid too. But then again, I also think its kinda stupid to NOT have ID in today's world. I just can't wrap my mind around how these people actually function. Choosing to not have ID limits you in lots of ways.
    No arguments from me on that front. I couldn't imagine going through life without an ID. Just for the ability to buy booze alone.

But I'm sure you know as well as most how disenfranchised a large portion of poor people are in this country. I assume it's something they've just learned to live with. Honestly, I'm betting that services and stores that generally require IDs have just stopped asking for them in certain parts of the country...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cool, you think I'm an idiot. I think you're being willfully ignorant. And honestly, that's a best-case scenario. You have failed to answer why these steps are necessary for an admittedly non-existent problem...
    You have failed to answer why they are not. The fact that you need an I.D for several other things in life is one reason to be for it. I am truly interested in how requiring an I.D to vote (Not a driver's license) suppresses the young and the minorities. Since there are scientific studies and you have personally studied them, please spread the knowledge.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm actually curious about something. I've never been asked for ID at the polls in my life. How many people here have?
    Quote Quote