Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Agree or Disagree with this caption?????

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Agree or Disagree with this caption?????

Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    To deny that barriers to voting such as photo ID are not about voter suppression is either being disingenuous or incredibly naive.
    To get even the slightest edge in an election is precisely why these things happen. It is also why liberals are fighting tooth and nail to keep it from happening. Their constituencies are disproportionately affected.
    This is the only reasons politicians care about this.
    Hopefully we will have some sort of biometric approach that will absolve this whole argument(i.e. being able to prove that the person in front of you is who they say they are without beaurocratic hurdles)

I cannot understand anyone that would argue against photo ID for a gun purchase.
    I won't disagree that Republicans are feverishly pursuing voter laws to help themselves but lauding the Democrats as some type of heroes of justice is ridiculous. They have a huge vested interest in keeping everyone with a heartbeat voting regardless of whether they are legal or eligible. I agree with providing ID to purchase a weapon and I definitely think everyone should provide one to register and to vote. The rest of the crap in the articles that Spesh posted is ludicrous and appears to be voter suppression but providing reasonable legal parameters by which to register and vote that include providing identification and proof of eligibility is just responsible.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not requiring an ID just gives the democrat party the ability to gather a few thousand more votes from the welfare class. The requirement of an ID would just tip the balance back to the working class.
    That is the reason progressives stand against it. It helps them win elections. That is why republicans are opposed, it has hurt their chances.
    The electoral college can literally decide the election in a few counties in the toss up states. A few compensated bus loads of unqualified voters(felons, illegals) can make a difference.
    IMHO, the law should require an ID. It is partisan to argue against a logical and proper requirement for something as critical as Federal elections.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    Not requiring an ID just gives the democrat party the ability to gather a few thousand more votes from the welfare class. The requirement of an ID would just tip the balance back to the working class.
    That is the reason progressives stand against it. It helps them win elections. That is why republicans are opposed, it has hurt their chances.
    The electoral college can literally decide the election in a few counties in the toss up states. A few compensated bus loads of unqualified voters(felons, illegals) can make a difference.
    IMHO, the law should require an ID. It is partisan to argue against a logical and proper requirement for something as critical as Federal elections.
    They are goddamn American citizens. Why shouldn't they be allowed to vote? Who gives a **** if they are on welfare or not. Does that make them less of a person...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    They are goddamn American citizens. Why shouldn't they be allowed to vote? Who gives a **** if they are on welfare or not. Does that make them less of a person...?
    How do you know? You can vouch for all of them..right? No one will stop them from voting providing that they are American citizens with no felony record and they reside in their voting district. An ID answers both questions.
    The democrat party needs those questionable votes. Make it the law and reduce the fraud. It is sensible. ID's can be obtained easily. The government should provide them for free if there is a hardship, hell..they provide the poor with food, houses, medical care, and cell phones..why not an ID. They have to go somewhere to get those services. Why not get ID's there. The DEMS will hold onto this because it helps them hold power. Locke..you know I (and some others here) are right..you are just too pig headed to admit it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Agree or Disagree with this caption?????

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    How in the hell would you know that they are citizens? They apparently don't have any identification. They also wouldn't be on welfare because I am fairly sure it requires identification. I told you this was a ridiculous argument.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And here i thought the only way to determine if someone is an American citizen is with a long form birth certificate.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

7. -37

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    How in the hell would you know that they are citizens? They apparently don't have any identification. They also wouldn't be on welfare because I am fairly sure it requires identification. I told you this was a ridiculous argument.
    I quoted him saying this:

Not requiring an ID just gives the democrat party the ability to gather a few thousand more votes from the welfare class.
    That says nothing of non-Americans. He is saying he doesn't want the welfare class voting. If he mentioned non-Americans I would have responded differently, but he didn't. How can you possibly defend someone who doesn't want a huge chunk of U.S. citizens voting?

Besides, when has non-Americans voting been an issue? Still, there are less than 10 cases of voter fraud in the last 10 years, which would include non-citizens voting. You all are making up a problem that it isn't there, and the only reason it's being made up is because it just so happens to purge Democratic voters in the process...
    Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    How do you know? You can vouch for all of them..right? No one will stop them from voting providing that they are American citizens with no felony record and they reside in their voting district. An ID answers both questions.
    The democrat party needs those questionable votes. Make it the law and reduce the fraud. It is sensible. ID's can be obtained easily. The government should provide them for free if there is a hardship, hell..they provide the poor with food, houses, medical care, and cell phones..why not an ID. They have to go somewhere to get those services. Why not get ID's there. The DEMS will hold onto this because it helps them hold power. Locke..you know I (and some others here) are right..you are just too pig headed to admit it.
    No, you're not right. Demographic swings have the U.S. trending more and more liberal. This is a fact that the Republican party has come out and admit. Liberals tend to vote Democrat because that is the party closest to their politics. This is simply a way for the Republican party to combat the inevitable. Everyone sees it for what it is outside of you Fox News bots...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, this is double edged subject. On the face it sounds like a good and logical idea. If the government were to do this then they need to supply the IDs for free at age 18 with them expiring every 6 years or so and a new one provided as replacement on the expiration date. If you lose the ID before the expiration date, you have to pay a small fee (perhaps $10 or so) to replace it.

Now that brings us to how to get the IDs. You have to prove you're a US citizen. Great, in order to do that you have to provide a birth certificate. Most low income minorities that don't already have driver liscenses probably don't have access to their birth certificate and I believe it costs money to get a copy from your state government. It would be mailed to you and to be quite honest, a housing project's mail is an easy target for theft. ID theft would increase.

For me, just lump this into the same basket as drug testing for welfare recipients. It's proably a good idea but it is logistically and monetarily impossible to implement. There would be no way to do it without it costing a fortune. This government already spends enough money. We don't need another program to spend money on.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

10. -40

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Man, this is double edged subject. On the face it sounds like a good and logical idea. If the government were to do this then they need to supply the IDs for free at age 18 with them expiring every 6 years or so and a new one provided as replacement on the expiration date. If you lose the ID before the expiration date, you have to pay a small fee (perhaps $10 or so) to replace it.

Now that brings us to how to get the IDs. You have to prove you're a US citizen. Great, in order to do that you have to provide a birth certificate. Most low income minorities that don't already have driver liscenses probably don't have access to their birth certificate and I believe it costs money to get a copy from your state government. It would be mailed to you and to be quite honest, a housing project's mail is an easy target for theft. ID theft would increase.

For me, just lump this into the same basket as drug testing for welfare recipients. It's proably a good idea but it is logistically and monetarily impossible to implement. There would be no way to do it without it costing a fortune. This government already spends enough money. We don't need another program to spend money on.
    When I mentioned a free national ID of some sort, I didn't even go as far as you did. You're absolutely right about the other problems with it. But you're assuming this is done to just get everyone an ID. It isn't. These red states are very aware of these barriers the impoverished face when getting an ID, and since they vote Democratic, that's exactly why they're doing it...
    Quote Quote